Game Thread Lady Vols at Auburn

I called this as a loss at the start of SEC play, so I can't say I'm that upset. Auburn was a tough matchup and playing at home. Not surprising in the least.

I called it an L as well but I was really talking in general about letting these so called GAMES affect us so much.

I called it an L as well but I was really talking in general about letting these so called GAMES affect us so much.

It was worse for me before Holly's 2nd season, because back then I expected Tennessee to just about win every game. I've adjusted my expectations based on what Holly's delivered. Multiple losses to unranked teams is par for the course since she took over.

Miss State, SC, Auburn, TAMU, UK, LSU, Tennessee and Ole Miss are probably the only teams in contention, but I don't think all will get in.

Ole Miss will not get in I don't think and if I want to be real I say we will not either. If we do then KY wont either.

Cant see where we an win enough to not lose 14 or more!:cray:

After beating ND, I actually thought they would rise to the occasion and sweep We Back Pat week. I thought they would play with great effort, heart and pride out of respect for Pat and her legacy, which they have been entrusted to carry on. Fool me twice...

Ole Miss will not get in I don't think and if I want to be real I say we will not either. If we do then KY wont either.

Kentucky is hosting. Unless their season collapses, they'll get preferential treatment.

SEC usually gets 7 or 8 teams in, but they are really, really weak this year. Only MS, SC and TAMU are in the top 25 (and TAMU may not be if they lose tonight). They probably only deserve to put in 5 teams, at most.

Unfortunately we didn't have anyone at all that could beat the press other than Middleton and Reynolds. I can imagine Holly put Middleton out there because of her dribbling skills but that's about all she has .

TN is a virtual lock for the tournament - the wins against ND and Stanford pretty well guarantee that. No bubble team is going to have that quality of win, so even if TN is considered a bubble team they get in. The only way they don't get in is if they totally collapse and I just don't see that happening. They are wildly inconsistent, but that means they will win enough games to be in the pool, as well as lose enough games to give their fans nightmares.

Reactions: 1 person
TN is a virtual lock for the tournament - the wins against ND and Stanford pretty well guarantee that. No bubble team is going to have that quality of win, so even if TN is considered a bubble team they get in. The only way they don't get in is if they totally collapse and I just don't see that happening. They are wildly inconsistent, but that means they will win enough games to be in the pool, as well as lose enough games to give their fans nightmares.

This group is not a virtual lock for the tournament. Yes the good wins which will be a total of 2!!! As these bad loses continue to mount those wins get less important. They will lose as many or more that they win and since Ky jelly is hosting our chances are going down. If we get in after that happens it will be because of Pats legacy . If we cannot win on the road and we really cant then the tournament we may win one and the Big dance none.

This group is not a virtual lock for the tournament. Yes the good wins which will be a total of 2!!! As these bad loses continue to mount those wins get less important. They will lose as many or more that they win and since Ky jelly is hosting our chances are going down. If we get in after that happens it will be because of Pats legacy . If we cannot win on the road and we really cant then the tournament we may win one and the Big dance none.

Any goodwill from Pat's Legacy is gone in the eyes of the press and voters. I don't think that will do anything.

The only true bad losses they have are Penn State and Ole Miss. Even Auburn is not a terrible loss because they are a decent team in the same mold as Va Tech.

Right now, they have 3 nice wins under their belt: ND, Stanford and UK. The problem is that UK fell out of the rankings, Stanford fell out of the top 10 after losing to Ore State, and ND is on the verge of falling out after their loss to Tennessee. Stanford still has to deal with Washington and UCLA in the PAC-10, and will probably finish 4th in the conference. ND is in the loaded ACC, and has potential losses to FSU, Louisville and Duke. If the season ends and ND is out of the top 10, Stanford is in the low-teens/20s, and UK is unranked, then their resume becomes not so strong if they end up losing games against SEC cellar dwellars.

Assuming they lose to SC and MSU, they cannot afford to lose an additional 3-4 games in the SEC. LSU and TAMU are the best of the lot, and fortunately they play both at home, but you never know with this team.

Didn't see the stream, but from ESPN clips & commentary here, sounds like Alexa had a horrible game.

She's a sweet kid, and I hope that the frustration with the loss doesn't translate into hateful posts. Question Holly's substitutions & advocate for leaving Alexa on the bench until play improves, but let's not make things personal against any players (DD, Jordan, Kortney, whomever).

Didn't see the stream, but from ESPN clips & commentary here, sounds like Alexa had a horrible game.

She's a sweet kid, and I hope that the frustration with the loss doesn't translate into hateful posts. Question Holly's substitutions & advocate for leaving Alexa on the bench until play improves, but let's not make things personal against any players (DD, Jordan, Kortney, whomever).

Alexa had a horrible game...as did Jordan...and MeMe. No one is saying she is the devil, but during last night's game, she looked completely out of her league. In her defense, so did the other guards.

She's got something in her head, because she's missing open shots that she was making earlier this year. She's mired in a mother of all slumps and needs to get out of it if she expects to see the court at all next year.

Does anyone remember when Tennessee was in the discussion as a potential No. 1 seed for the NCAA tournament, instead of whether they will even make the field? That is an indication how far the program has fallen. Think about that for a moment and tell me it isn't time for a coaching change.

Reactions: 2 people
We have to win the rest of the home games and maybe pick up one or two on the road. I think we make the tourney just winning the home games but I think we'll need 18 or 19 wins to get in. We want be playing at home but making the tourney is necessary as it has been a long time since we were not there.

These girls stop playing after first quarter and aurburn moved up third press and ppl did not move up as well. I believe we go 21-9 and 11-5 with road wins against Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. And number 3 in conference.

These girls stop playing after first quarter and aurburn moved up third press and ppl did not move up as well. I believe we go 21-9 and 11-5 with road wins against Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. And number 3 in conference.

Since they have 7 losses currently I am guessing you are expecting losses to South Carolina and Miss St. and that's it until the SEC Tourney right? There are 11 games left in the regular season and the only problem I see for them to pull that off is that they would have to win 7 straight in February for that to happen. As inconsistent as this team is that might be tough for them.

They did manage to rattle off 6 in a row from December into January but 3 of those 6 teams were Appalachian State, UNCW, & Troy. I'm not sure the stretch from February 2nd to February 23rd is comparable opponent wise to the earlier string they pulled off from December 14th to January 1st. The Lady Vols haven't won 7 in a row since the 2014-2015 season. If they can do it maybe it will signify some sort of change?

No one has mentioned how Holly now has the first three game conference losing streak in program history. Yet another impressive "first" to add to the resume.

But wait till next year....

VN Store

Back