Game Day Thread TN/SC

@Coach Jumper Got a ? For a coach
When a defender hear the whistle when they know the foul going to get called on them why not?
Instead of just standing there hands up .
They stop the offense from shoting after the whistle and get a easy basket.
Official wouldn't call two fouls on the same shot?
Defender should keep trying to stop offense player from getting and one on continue ration

Last edited:
Reactions: coy moore
This Question not For any specific game or level applies to high school as well
On and one when the official blows the the whistle the offense player hasn't shot but Takes a step and then shots the official awards the offense player and one granting continuation offense player ends up basket plus one free throw.

Why does the defense player stand there hands up stops guarding the Offense player after whistle . Letting the offense player free to shot unguarded.

Seems like to me if the offense player still moves and shots after the whistle
The defense player should keep going and try to block the offense player shot or trying to Keep hands up in from of offense player stop them from getting a basketball while no one is trying to stop them.

On and one when the official blows the the whistle the offense player hasn't shot but Takes a step and then shots the official awards the offense player and one granting continuation offense player ends up basket plus one free throw.

Why does the defense player stand there hands up stops guarding the Offense player after whistle . Letting the offense player free to shot unguarded.

The defense player should keep going and try to block the offense player shot or trying to Keep hands up in from of offense player stop them from getting a basketball while no one is trying to stop them.
if the defender kept "defending" after the whistle blew,,,it may come across as taunting,,bc, when the whistle blows, officially the play is dead and nothing should be happening

if the defender kept "defending" after the whistle blew,,,it may come across as taunting,,bc, when the whistle blows, officially the play is dead and nothing should be happening
Main question to that does a offense player who shots after the whistle does that count or does all play out stop after the whistle.
Like football does? Thanks for answering @Coach Jumper

I was always coached that if I was going to get a foul I might as well make it count and not let them score too. So if I heard the whistle, I would hack the shooting hand in order to #1 prevent the "and1" & #2 if their shooting arm is smarting, they might be more likely to miss the FTs.

I was always coached that if I was going to get a foul I might as well make it count and not let them score too. So if I heard the whistle, I would hack the shooting hand in order to #1 prevent the "and1" & #2 if their shooting arm is smarting, they might be more likely to miss the FTs.
Seems like the refs blow the whistle and some throw the blow up after and the refs grant the continuation.
If there not in a shoting motion than all play should stop like like @Coach Jumper said.
Might depend on the official women's basketball needs more good ones.

Main question to that does a offense player who shots after the whistle does that count or does all play out stop after the whistle.
Like football does? Thanks for answering @Coach Jumper
per google...:Motion – refers to the body movement of the player who has started the try for goal. Habitual body movement – is the movement which customarily precedes the shot. Continuous – refers to the right for an offensive player to continue their try for goal, when fouled by the defense.

1. Motion – refers to the body movement of the player who has started the try for goal.
  2. Habitual body movement – is the movement which customarily precedes the shot.
  3. Continuous – refers to the right for an offensive player to continue their try for goal, when fouled by the defense.
Let this page open then click the video and it will explain the continuation rule

Reactions: mudcat1973
G
per google...:Motion – refers to the body movement of the player who has started the try for goal. Habitual body movement – is the movement which customarily precedes the shot. Continuous – refers to the right for an offensive player to continue their try for goal, when fouled by the defense.

1. Motion – refers to the body movement of the player who has started the try for goal.
  2. Habitual body movement – is the movement which customarily precedes the shot.
  3. Continuous – refers to the right for an offensive player to continue their try for goal, when fouled by the defense.
Let this page open then click the video and it will explain the continuation rule
Good video didn't know about the lower defensive box inside the foul line.

That's the area I was mistaking About where I thought the offense player got shot after the whistle.

The other ones mostly got those.
Didn't know there was lower defensive box
Learn something from that video

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back