Galaxy S5

Thanks BC for your input! I'm sure anything will be better than my current phone, but I've been hanging with my unlimited data. Changing plans so it's time to change phones! The S5 was top of my list to check out when I went into the store.

Verizon has a plan where you pay for your new phone over time without signing a new contract. Keep your plan if u like it.

Not if you have unlimited data. You only have one way to upgrade if that's the case

My Company just approved the S6, so planning to upgrade from my iPhone 5S. Any reason not to from anyone that owns it?

My Company just approved the S6, so planning to upgrade from my iPhone 5S. Any reason not to from anyone that owns it?

My sister just got a white S6. Because the OS between the two are so different, i can't really compare the two in that way. What i can say is the S6 does have a beautiful display. The colors pop off the screen. Also you can have more than one app open on the screen, kind of like a PC. I do wish Apple iPads and iPhones were like that. I think maybe IOS 9 will have that capability. If you have an iMac or macbook too, i think it would be a good idea to stay with Apple.

Oh and one of my nieces dropped her S6 and the glass on the back shattered. She told me the AT&T salesmen told her that it was made out of gorilla glass and would be extremely hard to break. Sadly that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Not if you have unlimited data. You only have one way to upgrade if that's the case

I didn't realize. Sorry. We have unlimited talk and text plus 30 gigs of data. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Thanks BC for your input! I'm sure anything will be better than my current phone, but I've been hanging with my unlimited data. Changing plans so it's time to change phones! The S5 was top of my list to check out when I went into the store.

I mean you can take underwater pics in your pool with the S5.......I'm just sayin

My sister just got a white S6. Because the OS between the two are so different, i can't really compare the two in that way. What i can say is the S6 does have a beautiful display. The colors pop off the screen. Also you can have more than one app open on the screen, kind of like a PC. I do wish Apple iPads and iPhones were like that. I think maybe IOS 9 will have that capability. If you have an iMac or macbook too, i think it would be a good idea to stay with Apple.

Oh and one of my nieces dropped her S6 and the glass on the back shattered. She told me the AT&T salesmen told her that it was made out of gorilla glass and would be extremely hard to break. Sadly that isn't the case.

I'm not on Apple anymore, as I sold my Mac and just do everything on my work computer, so thats not an issues for me. As for the breakage thing, i'll be buying a case. If it's glass of any sort (Gorilla, or regular) it can break :)

I'm not on Apple anymore, as I sold my Mac and just do everything on my work computer, so thats not an issues for me. As for the breakage thing, i'll be buying a case. If it's glass of any sort (Gorilla, or regular) it can break :)

Came in today, I can't wait to get home and set it up

Had my S5 for over a year. Absolutely love it. My problem with Apple, is you have to use , or buy THEIR products only. Zedge is excellent for free ringtones, and is perfect for android products. Apple makes you buy additional ringtones if you want them. Just one example , but I like choices that are not limited to Apple

Had my S5 for over a year. Absolutely love it. My problem with Apple, is you have to use , or buy THEIR products only. Zedge is excellent for free ringtones, and is perfect for android products. Apple makes you buy additional ringtones if you want them. Just one example , but I like choices that are not limited to Apple

This has always been a problem with Apple. You pretty much HAVE to have itunes installed to do anything as well.

all I see is people btching and moaning about their iPhones restarting all the time and I'm like WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

Reactions: 1 person

Spoken like someone who has never really used Apple products. There are plenty of 3rd party apps that allow you to make/get free ringtones.

Even for music you don't really HAVE to use their music app. Amazon and Google both have cloud player options on iPhone. I personally prefer to use the Music App but I don't purchase music from the iTunes Store. Mostly I use Amazon which downloads directly to iTunes on my desktop then syncs to all my devices using iTunes Match. I've purchased music from Google Play before too and the only difference is the extra step of manually dragging and dropping it into iTunes.

You are only really locked into the Apple App Store. But it's also the biggest (very few Apps are android exclusive) and safest (you're not going to get Malware) single app store on any device. But even if you really wanted to branch out, jailbreaking is as simple as downloading, installing, and running a program to your desktop.

I really don't care what device anyone uses. Both platforms have pros and cons and essentially come down to UI preference, but the "walled garden" criticism of Apple is one of the weakest.

Who the **** over the age of 15 cares about a free ringtone?!?! Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Who the **** over the age of 15 cares about a free ringtone?!?! Lol

I don't give a crap about ringtones. Just throwing out an example of how they can nickel and dime you to death at times. My 15 yr old daughter has an iPhone , and I pay for that bs all the time. Both platforms have their advantages, I get that. Thought this was a discussion board on the S5

I don't give a crap about ringtones. Just throwing out an example of how they can nickel and dime you to death at times. My 15 yr old daughter has an iPhone , and I pay for that bs all the time. Both platforms have their advantages, I get that. Thought this was a discussion board on the S5

Sounds like you should upgrade her to an Android.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back