'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

Gonna need 2-3 Safety's in this class. Wouldn't be surprised if Warrior really stands out with this coaching staff and goes pro after this season.

I think our DB class will be the strongest part of the 2018 recruiting class. I think they will be the most improved unit. There is some talent that will see the biggest impact from the coaching change. We have a CB, Safeties, and a head coach that will all be able to coach up our DBs. They will also benefit from the new S&C coach much quicker than the lineman who need to gain 30 pounds.

Power Springs, Ga. defensive back Jaylen McCollough is finding a lot of familiarity with Tennessee these days. The 6-1, 190-pound 4-star has known head coach Jeremy Pruitt since he was a high school freshman and he has already seen Tennessee on a couple of occasions.

“Coach Pruitt was the first ever coach to recruit me,” McCollough said. “He was the first coach to talk to me when he was at UGA and I was a freshman. We talk a lot. He's obviously a very good coach and knows defense.”

McCollough was in Knoxville back in January for his second time and continues to like what he sees on Rocky Top.

“It's beautiful,” McCollough said of the campus. “There's a good vibe to it. With the new staff being there, it helps things more. They bring a different vibe there. They are heading in the right direction.”

McCollough will be a mid-term enrollee and hopes to make a decision in the fall. Before that, there are more visits to make. Trips to Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and a couple of return trips to Tennessee.

“I will be up there for spring practice and then back in the summer for camp to work without with coach Pruitt and coach Kelly so he can see where all he would use me in the secondary,” McCollough said.

The 4-star product is no stranger to Charles Kelly as Kelly was recruiting him to Florida State.

“That's another thing that's appealing to Tennessee,” McCollough said. “Coach Kelly and Coach Pruitt worked together at Florida State. Other coaches have worked with coach Pruitt at other places and they have all reunited at Tennessee.”

McCullough will also take some official visits and he said as of now three of his five will be to Ohio State, Alabama and Tennessee, but the options continue to come in with offers from coast to coast.

“It's a blessing. It's really humbling. It's a dream come true,” McCollough offered.

“I just pray about it it. Talk to my parents and my coaches. I try not to focus on it too much. I'm not really in a hurry. But I'm not coasting. I have to make a decision before December.”

-Hubbs

VolQuest.com - McCollough plans to see Vols again

Reactions: 1 person
Power Springs, Ga. defensive back Jaylen McCollough is finding a lot of familiarity with Tennessee these days. The 6-1, 190-pound 4-star has known head coach Jeremy Pruitt since he was a high school freshman and he has already seen Tennessee on a couple of occasions.

“Coach Pruitt was the first ever coach to recruit me,” McCollough said. “He was the first coach to talk to me when he was at UGA and I was a freshman. We talk a lot. He's obviously a very good coach and knows defense.”

McCollough was in Knoxville back in January for his second time and continues to like what he sees on Rocky Top.

“It's beautiful,” McCollough said of the campus. “There's a good vibe to it. With the new staff being there, it helps things more. They bring a different vibe there. They are heading in the right direction.”

McCollough will be a mid-term enrollee and hopes to make a decision in the fall. Before that, there are more visits to make. Trips to Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and a couple of return trips to Tennessee.

“I will be up there for spring practice and then back in the summer for camp to work without with coach Pruitt and coach Kelly so he can see where all he would use me in the secondary,” McCollough said.

The 4-star product is no stranger to Charles Kelly as Kelly was recruiting him to Florida State.

“That's another thing that's appealing to Tennessee,” McCollough said. “Coach Kelly and Coach Pruitt worked together at Florida State. Other coaches have worked with coach Pruitt at other places and they have all reunited at Tennessee.”

McCullough will also take some official visits and he said as of now three of his five will be to Ohio State, Alabama and Tennessee, but the options continue to come in with offers from coast to coast.

“It's a blessing. It's really humbling. It's a dream come true,” McCollough offered.

“I just pray about it it. Talk to my parents and my coaches. I try not to focus on it too much. I'm not really in a hurry. But I'm not coasting. I have to make a decision before December.”

-Hubbs

VolQuest.com - McCollough plans to see Vols again

sounds all Vol to me.

From 247:

Four-Star Safety Prospect Jaylen McCollough Is One of the Hottest Prospects in America.

Four-star safety Jaylen McCollough checks in from Powder Springs (GA) Hillgrove at 6-foot-1, 190-pounds. The No 58 ranked overall player in America has a pure love for the game of football.

With over 20 scholarship offers, four-star safety Jaylen McCollough is one of the hottest prospects in the country. The No 58 ranked overall player regardless of position, No 2 ranked safety and No 7 ranked player in Georgia has plenty of options.

“UF is headed in the right direction with the new staff,” Jaylen McCollough said. “I’m excited to see what Coach Mullen does at UF.”

McCollough and his family have a couple of factors they will use before making a final decision.

“The factors would be if we are all comfortable,” Mccollough said. “If the school has great people. The school has to have great academics, and it has to feel like a second home. Coaching stability is also a big factor.”

The Peach state standout is one of the most heavily recruited players in the Southeast.

“I feel like the best part of my game is that I have a high football IQ, and I’m a versatile athlete. I have a pure love for the game.”

McCollough plans to visit seven schools.

“I plan to visit UF, OSU, South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama and FSU,” McCollough said.

McCollough and his family have made numerous unofficial visits including South Carolina on September 16th, Georgia on September 23rd, Alabama on September 30th, Florida State on October 7th, Ohio State on October 28th, Tennessee on January 13th, South Carolina again on February 17th and their last visit to Auburn on February 21st.

Reactions: 3 people
the nation’s 102 prospect will visit tennessee for the second time this spring, too, as 4-star safety jaylen mccollough will return to spend more time with pruitt and charles kelly. The vols have made up major ground here in the last four months. Alabama and ohio state should still be considered the current favorites, but tennessee is a legit contender now for the 6-1, 190-pound defensive back.

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
From SEC Country:

No. 75 Jaylen McCollough, safety

Jaylen McCollough (Powder Springs, Ga.) made a mid-week visit to Auburn last month that stood out. He isn’t crazy about junior days because it doesn’t allow for much 1-on-1 time with coaches. McCollough got plenty of that when he made his weekday visit to the Plains, however. The 4-safety sat down with defensive backs coach Greg Brown to talk in-depth about what his role would be in the Tigers defensive backfield. McCollough liked what he heard from the veteran safeties coach. He also likes what he’s been hearing out of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and Columbia, S.C. It wouldn’t be shocking to see the Georgia Bulldogs become a factor either.

Biggest threat: Alabama or South Carolina

Reactions: 1 person
On the VQ podcast Simonton said that while OSU and Bama should still be considered the leaders, UT is "absolutely surging" with McCollough. He likes Charles Kelly and has a relationship with him from FSU. Also has a relationship with Pruitt from Bama. Along with this weekend's visit (his second this year), he has already scheduled a visit for a camp later this year.

Reactions: 4 people
Powder Springs, Georgia defensive back Jaylen McCollough has a pretty good feel for the personality of Tennessee's head coach Jeremy Pruitt and safeties coach Charles Kelly. That's why Saturday's second trip to Rocky Top was more about action than anything for McCollough.

In other words he wanted to see coach Pruitt and coach Kelly working in orange. “seeing both of those coaches work separate at different schools and comparing them to today was something i did,” mccullough said. “with coach pruitt and kelly, they are holding the guys accountable and putting urgency towards the program. “today i just really wanted to get up and spend time with the staff and watch the team move around during spring.”

“i can already tell that coach pruitt has the program in the right direction,” mccollough offered. “you can tell tennessee is rebuilding but thy are a team that you will not be able to take lightly this year.”

in june, mccollough will be back on rocky top for camp where he wants to get hands on work with pruitt and kelly. Mccollough as of now will likely take all five official visits with three of them probably being to tennessee, alabama and ohio state. With the vols firmly in the mix, tennessee's message to him saturday was very clear.

“the message was really i could be the bell cow of the 2019 class,” mccollough offered. “both coach pruitt and coach kelly see me coming in as a freshman and making an immediate impact for the program.”

- vq

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back