'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

what makes you think that?
That defense was stacked last year they just didn't have a qb. Shea Patterson may be the best qb they've had since Harbaugh got there. They should have a good oline with 3 returning starters. They only lost 2 starters from a top 5 defense. They return 2 TEs that had over 300 yards last year. A thousand yard RB whose 4 star back up put up nearly 500 yards last year. At WR they have 3 sophomore guys in Donovan Peoples-Jones (5 star), Tarik Black (4 star), and Oliver Martin (4 star), who are all over 6'1 and should, along with the two TEs that both made Big10 honorable mention last year, should provide Patterson with plenty of weapons. They are really loaded and if Patterson can play anywhere close to his potential, they have a real shot at the playoff. I don't like them at all, but I bet they are one of the top 4 teams at the end of the year.

Reactions: PA Vol
I agree. This is Harbaugh’s “put up or shut up” year. If Meyer is canned, it only makes the path that much easier, IMO.

Reactions: Lefteye
That defense was stacked last year they just didn't have a qb. Shea Patterson may be the best qb they've had since Harbaugh got there. They should have a good oline with 3 returning starters. They only lost 2 starters from a top 5 defense. They return 2 TEs that had over 300 yards last year. A thousand yard RB whose 4 star back up put up nearly 500 yards last year. At WR they have 3 sophomore guys in Donovan Peoples-Jones (5 star), Tarik Black (4 star), and Oliver Martin (4 star), who are all over 6'1 and should, along with the two TEs that both made Big10 honorable mention last year, should provide Patterson with plenty of weapons. They are really loaded and if Patterson can play anywhere close to his potential, they have a real shot at the playoff. I don't like them at all, but I bet they are one of the top 4 teams at the end of the year.
I guess it would depend on their schedule...we shall see.

Dang Sleegro. Fair enough. My buddy is head over heels confident.

OTOH, he thinks the Vols go 8-4 at best so he’s more optimistic than us there

Reactions: Sleegro
I guess it would depend on their schedule...we shall see.
They have to go to Michigan St, Ohio St and Notre Dame. But other than that it's not too bad. They get Nebraska, Penn State and Wisconsin at home. There aren't really anything other than trap games for them.

Dang Sleegro. Fair enough. My buddy is head over heels confident.

OTOH, he thinks the Vols go 8-4 at best so he’s more optimistic than us there
Yer buddy should feel good. I mean I think they had 47 guys drafted off their defense last year and still had a top 5 D. And now 9 of those guys are back including Rashaan Gary.

Marietta starts their season tonight against Rome. I believe the game will be televised and streamed. I’ll see if I can find a link.

Knoxville is closer to home, his entire family likes UT, Bailey and Keyton are tight and Butch Jones is no longer the HC. Advantage: UT.
I agree. But from his comments it sounds like he wants to pick the school who's recruiting him the hardest and that seems to be Michigan. Hopefully we turn up the heat and make him a Vol.

They have to go to Michigan St, Ohio St and Notre Dame. But other than that it's not too bad. They get Nebraska, Penn State and Wisconsin at home. There aren't really anything other than trap games for them.
So 9-3, 8-4 type of year...

I agree. But from his comments it sounds like he wants to pick the school who's recruiting him the hardest and that seems to be Michigan. Hopefully we turn up the heat and make him a Vol.
was thinking the same thing. he may be really high on TN, but if it's not reciprocated, then does it reallyh matter?

I didn't read his comments, but it's probably true-- we may not be recruiting him as hard as he'd like ATM. But I still think UT is in the driver's seat right now. The biggest obstacle to UT in the past was the previous staff... and the losing. One down and a new season ahead of us.

No way, they will find a way to lose at least two more....I got a Andrew Jackson that out their loss total as over 2...
We'll see. That defense is gonna be really hard to score on and I'm betting Harbaugh finally has a QB that can help him live up to his salary.

We'll see. That defense is gonna be really hard to score on and I'm betting Harbaugh finally has a QB that can help him live up to his salary.
hmmm. i've got mixed feelings on Patterson. on the surface, i get why anyone would think that. just something tells me it might be as good a fit as many think.

i think we're definitely in "make or break" territory with CJH. and i'm all for it.

Reactions: Easttnken
hmmm. i've got mixed feelings on Patterson. on the surface, i get why anyone would think that. just something tells me it might be as good a fit as many think.

i think we're definitely in "make or break" territory with CJH. and i'm all for it.
I think he's the best QB Harbaugh has had at Michigan and that is really the only position that has held him back. Every other position on the team is stacked. If I did a preseason playoff prediction I would have bama, clemson, michigan and I'm not sure who the 4th would be.

I think he's the best QB Harbaugh has had at Michigan and that is really the only position that has held him back. Every other position on the team is stacked. If I did a preseason playoff prediction I would have bama, clemson, michigan and I'm not sure who the 4th would be.
interesting. i do agree he's the best QB he's had up there. and i think OSU with all the distractions, this may be as good a year as any to get them, if you'r michigan.

but they always seem to lose a game or two that leaves you scratching your head...Mich St, Iowa type games. i think they get PSU at home, so that helps. who knows. you might be on to something. safe to say they're in "believe it when i see it" teritory for me.

as for your 4th team....i think you'll have some options to choose from...Stanford/Washington out of the pac 12. OU from the big 12 (WVU's playoff chances hit the bottom of the toilet Sept. 1), and then i think you can even make a case for either UGA or Auburn, depending on how some things around them shake out. another one that could fall in that category would be Miami.

interesting. i do agree he's the best QB he's had up there. and i think OSU with all the distractions, this may be as good a year as any to get them, if you'r michigan.

but they always seem to lose a game or two that leaves you scratching your head...Mich St, Iowa type games. i think they get PSU at home, so that helps. who knows. you might be on to something. safe to say they're in "believe it when i see it" teritory for me.

as for your 4th team....i think you'll have some options to choose from...Stanford/Washington out of the pac 12. OU from the big 12 (WVU's playoff chances hit the bottom of the toilet Sept. 1), and then i think you can even make a case for either UGA or Auburn, depending on how some things around them shake out. another one that could fall in that category would be Miami.
I think they'll lose a game, probably Michigan St, but they still win the big10 and get in the playoffs.

I don't think the ACC can get 2 in so either clemson or miami. I could see Stanford or USC, but I think Washington may be a little overrated this year. OU is possible but I'm guessing they have a little bit of a down year. They'll still be good but I actually think TCU may sneak in and win the big12. I don't think the SEC gets in 2 in back to back years. They wouldn't let it happen. I also don't think Georgia will be as good as they were last year. They lose a ton of production on both sides and yes they have talent replacing it but still tough to maintain. And odds are they don't have the incredible injury luck they had last year. I think if UCF goes undefeated again they would have to give them more consideration than they did last year. Their run last year and the way they promoted it all offseason may also open the door for any G5 school that goes undefeated to get more serious consideration than being ranked below a bunch of 2 and 3 loss teams.

Reactions: jakez4ut
just speaking terms of who might have chances for that 4th spot. a lot would have to happen for teams like Auburn, GA, and Miami for them, and to other teams around the country, for them to get in.

i'm not sure how good USC is going to be. Stanford would be my pick right now out of the pac 12. and i really don't trust anyone in the Big 12 tbh.

just speaking terms of who might have chances for that 4th spot. a lot would have to happen for teams like Auburn, GA, and Miami for them, and to other teams around the country, for them to get in.

i'm not sure how good USC is going to be. Stanford would be my pick right now out of the pac 12. and i really don't trust anyone in the Big 12 tbh.
Yeah I'm not really confident in any team in the big 12 or pac 12 but I'm confident that one of the playoff teams will come from those unless they actually let a G5 team have a chance. I don't think they'll let any conference get 2 again.

Tom Luginbill was on College Football Live yesterday. He said he's not sold on Patterson winning the starting QB job at UM. He said he didn't think Patterson fit the Pro style offense they run. In his opinion, even though Patterson is a great athlete and QB, the only way he thinks Patterson wins the job is If Harbaugh tweaks his offense to fit Patterson's dual threat abilities.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Yeah I'm not really confident in any team in the big 12 or pac 12 but I'm confident that one of the playoff teams will come from those unless they actually let a G5 team have a chance. I don't think they'll let any conference get 2 again.
eh, if the situation warrants it, they will. but it will be situationally dictated. like, last year, if bama had made it to the SEC title game and beat UGA, UGA wouldn't have gotten in. but hard to ignore a 1 loss Bama team that's been #1 basically all year long.

i think the only 2 conferences that really have a shot at that happening are the ACC and SEC. but again, things have to fall basically exactly right for it to happen. and that would include the big 12, pac 12 or big 10 having ?'s for their conf champs, or if underdogs were to win those conf titles.

long story short, i don't think there's a formula for it happening...it just kinda happens.

VN Store

Back