'17 GA OLB Breon Dixon

He doesn't think Wade warrants his 5th star...buddy...and he proposed this guy that seems pretty competent. Thanks! :wink:
MID SEASON HIGHLIGHTS - Mackell Pippen highlights - Hudl

Kid does it in 6A Alabama. He played basketball too so he didn't camp. Why he hasn't been seen as much. Funny thing is his fellow teammate a LB is an US Army All-American. He camped some though. Their junior lineman teammate is being recruited by everyone(Michigan, Ole Miss, and Florida have offered). I'm not high on Wade not because of Pippen but because of Wade when he was in camp. He looked bad facing good competition. Didn't even compete well in one on ones.

Kid does it in 6A Alabama. He played basketball too so he didn't camp. Why he hasn't been seen as much. Funny thing is his fellow teammate a LB is an US Army All-American. He camped some though. Their junior lineman teammate is being recruited by everyone(Michigan, Ole Miss, and Florida have offered). I'm not high on Wade not because of Pippen but because of Wade when he was in camp. He looked bad facing good competition. Didn't even compete well in one on ones.

May I ask you Breakerboy when you seen Wade in camp? Was it in 2016 or a year or two back? Thanks!

May I ask you Breakerboy when you seen Wade in camp? Was it in 2016 or a year or two back? Thanks!

This summer look at the 1 on 1s at the opening. He was getting lit up. They are on YouTube and the junior CBs looked better. A camp like that is important for a small school guy. IMO I do not like his footwork for a shorter CB.

This summer look at the 1 on 1s at the opening. He was getting lit up. They are on YouTube and the junior CBs looked better. A camp like that is important for a small school guy. IMO I do not like his footwork for a shorter CB.

Well, I've watched a lot of film on Wade both older & newer. Take a look at what he looks like in 2016 videos. Nobody is beating him & he has a few picks as well. He plays offense too though in high school.

He's improved worlds since his sophomore season. That's why his stock & ratings have went up so much from the recruiting services. I think he's very legit but I respect your opinion as well. Thanks!

Well, I've watched a lot of film on Wade both older & newer. Take a look at what he looks like in 2016 videos. Nobody is beating him & he has a few picks as well. He plays offense too though in high school.

He's improved worlds since his sophomore season. That's why his stock & ratings have went up so much from the recruiting services. I think he's very legit but I respect your opinion as well. Thanks!

I said the summer camps in 2016. He plays weaker comp in HS so I just don't even care much.

Reactions: 2 people
Breaker, i agree he played poorly in the 1v1's this summer at the opening. It surprised everyone because he has normally been a lockdown guy in the 1v1's in prior camps, like the tOSU one in the spring. He rebounded later in the week with 5 INT's and 7 PBU's in the 7v7 games and his team won the 7v7 at the opening. Every analyst said he was pretty bad in the 1v1's but he was the best defensive player by far when the 7v7's happened. He also was playing injured in the last couple games of the opening 7v7 which impressed everyone because he was recommended by coaches to sit out, but he showed a lot of toughness and a competitive fire and despite being banged up pretty good he was the best player in the finals according to just about every analyst.

Last edited:
Breaker, i agree he played poorly in the 1v1's this summer at the opening. It surprised everyone because he has normally been a lockdown guy in the 1v1's in prior camps, like the tOSU one in the spring. He rebounded later in the week with 5 INT's and 7 PBU's in the 7v7 games and his team won the 7v7 at the opening. Every analyst said he was pretty bad in the 1v1's but he was the best defensive player by far when the 7v7's happened. He also was playing injured in the last couple games of the opening 7v7 which impressed everyone because he was recommended by coaches to sit out, but he showed a lot of toughness and a competitive fire and despite being banged up pretty good he was the best player in the finals according to just about every analyst.

I don't like his speed at his height. Shorter CBs need to be faster. IMO I just don't see this 5 star CB. Mack Alexander was rated a 4 star by these services so who knows(and I was crazy over him coming out). Funny thing is people think I'm hating on the kid and he has legit Tennessee interest. Craziness...... if he proves me wrong fine but I'm rolling with my own opinion over the recruiting services.

Reactions: 1 person
Breaker, I agree that if you are going to be a 5'9 corner nowadays, you better have elite athleticism or elite something to be able to mitigate your lack of length.

Wade has a few elite qualities IMO.

1. He is very strong, well built for a smaller DB. He is very good with his hands and he is able to redirect and grab guys when he plays press man very easily. He is tough to get away from at the line.

2. He has great short area quickness and he has great hip turn abilities. He is able to turn and run and his transitions are excellent. He is able to accelerate on the ball as good as anyone i've seen in the past couple years.

3. He has natural instincts and great hands. He makes a ass ton of plays in 7v7 compared to other corners. QB's don't even throw his way much and he is able to anticipate throws and jump routes and help others out. He makes a ton of plays like Cam does bc of excellent read and recognition.

4. He isn't afraid to come up and hit guys in the run game. He will not get shoved 15 yards down field like Buchanan did. He is much, much stronger and more physical.

These qualities IMO make up for a lack of elite deep speed and 5'9.

I don't buy into the measurables. Most of the best players in every sport are good athletes, but not the best pure physical athletes by any measure. Intelligence, good quickness, work ethic, and instincts are typically the traits that produce the best players across all positions and sports.

You need to have some elite qualities to be great though. Whether it is toughness, IQ, hands, instincts, work ethic, athleticism..... As long as you are elite in a couple of these categories, you can excel.

Last edited:
Breaker, I agree that if you are going to be a 5'9 corner nowadays, you better have elite athleticism or elite something to be able to mitigate your lack of length.

Wade has a few elite qualities IMO.

1. He is very strong, well built for a smaller DB. He is very good with his hands and he is able to redirect and grab guys when he plays press man very easily. He is tough to get away from at the line.

2. He has great short area quickness and he has great hip turn abilities. He is able to turn and run and his transitions are excellent. He is able to accelerate on the ball as good as anyone i've seen in the past couple years.

3. He has natural instincts and great hands. He makes a ass ton of plays in 7v7 compared to other corners. QB's don't even throw his way much and he is able to anticipate throws and jump routes and help others out. He makes a ton of plays like Cam does bc of excellent read and recognition.

4. He isn't afraid to come up and hit guys in the run game. He will not get shoved 15 yards down field like Buchanan did. He is much, much stronger and more physical.

These qualities IMO make up for a lack of elite deep speed and 5'9.

I don't buy into the measurables. Most of the best players in every sport are good athletes, but not the best pure physical athletes by any measure. Intelligence, good quickness, work ethic, and instincts are typically the traits that produce the best players across all positions and sports.

You need to have some elite qualities to be great though. Whether it is toughness, IQ, hands, instincts, work ethic, athleticism..... As long as you are elite in a couple of these categories, you can excel.

Compare him to VH3 and Mack coming out. They are of similar height.... I'm done with talking about Wade period....

Why would i compare Wade to VH3? Just because VH3 is 5'10, his game, style and skill set is nothing like Wades. VH3 was a finesse and technically refined pure cover corner. He is much farther along in his technique than Wade was at the same point in HS. VH3 doesn't like to tackle, his hands and playmaking were always questionable, and he is not nearly as physical. Both are extremely quick and short, that is about where the comparison stops. VH3 doesn't, nor did he ever have elite deep speed either.

CB Vernon Hargreaves III (5-10, 204): 4.50 40-yard dash, 15 reps on bench press, 39” vertical jump, 10’10” broad jump, 3.98 20-yard shuttle.

Wade can be taught technique, but physicality and toughness can't.

Reactions: 1 person
So this kid goes to ole miss and plays a year. Leaves and goes to Nebraska (how was he eligible). And now is leaving there. What’s the story

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So this kid goes to ole miss and plays a year. Leaves and goes to Nebraska (how was he eligible). And now is leaving there. What’s the story

He REALLY likes the recruiting process.

Honestly I never should've bumped this. I just remembered he was someone we were in it on, and being a Grayson kid plus a position of need, I thought we might have an interest. But considering he cant get on the field at Nebraska because he's undersized, I seriously doubt we even consider him.

VN Store

Back