'19 GA OL Wanya Morris (Tennessee signee)

Georgia fans still saying they did not want him, too small...Lol!

I haven't heard any of my fellow Georgia fans saying we don't him. The general consensus is he's a great player at position we happen to be very strong at right now. Would love for him to go to UGA, but with the way Pittman has recruited his position he would be more of a luxury than necessity. Congrats to the vols for landing him, he seems to be a great person and player. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't heard any of my fellow Georgia fans saying we don't him. The general consensus is he's a great player at position we happen to be very strong at right now. Would love for him to go to UGA, but with the way Pittman has recruited his position he would be more of a luxury than necessity. Congrats to the vols for landing him, he seems to be a great person and player. :hi:

Have you met GreysonDawg?

His bull sounds better. Might be a rehab account. :glare:

I'm pretty sure I'm not GreysonDawg. I don't know who he is, so I can't guarantee you anyone has seen us in the same room at the same time. I'm at VN for a different perspective on recruiting and my team, not to brag about my team on a UT forum.

Reactions: 3 people
Kinda funny that he's #1 OT in the composite but #2 OT on the actual 247 ranking. #3 OT on Rivals and #5 OT on ESPN. I still don't understand how that works. But I'll take it.

Average (247+rivals+espn)÷3 ranking
Morris: 2+3+5=10 10÷3=3.33
Wright: 6+1+3=10 10÷3=3.33

Morris ranked #1 OT over Wright is probably based on his .9952 composite rating being higher than Wright's .9950 rating; not an average of their rankings. 247 probably converts the other two sites' ratings to 247's .nnnn scale so they can be averaged together for the composite rating.

Last edited:
Average rankings (247+rivals+espn)
Morris: 2+3+5=10 10÷3=3.33
Wright: 6+1+3=10 10÷3=3.33

Morris being ranked #1 over Wright is probably based on his composite rating being higher than Wrights; not an average of their rankings. There's probably a formula that converts the 3 sites' ratings to a common scale so they can be averaged for a composite rating.

The composite is an average of each site's national position or ranking (i.e. #3 in the country) instead of the player's score or rating (i.e. .98). Not sure if they still use four rankings but the formula used to be average the four sites' national ranking, subtract 1, multiply by 0.0004 and then subtract that from 1 to get a rating. I believe ties were ordered by 247 ranking. This was for the overall composite. I didn't look at position rankings.

The composite is an average of each site's national position or ranking (i.e. #3 in the country) instead of the player's score or rating (i.e. .98). Not sure if they still use four rankings but the formula used to be average the four sites' national ranking, subtract 1, multiply by 0.0004 and then subtract that from 1 to get a rating. I believe ties were ordered by 247 ranking. This was for the overall composite. I didn't look at position rankings.

Using that formula with the currently posted rankings on the individual websites gives Morris (ESPN 9, 247 17, Rivals 15, Scout 6) a 0.9957 rating and Wright (ESPN 6, 247 31, Rivals 2, Scout 7) a 0.9958 rating. What I've seen in the past is the composite can be very slow to update with changes to the other sites' rankings.

I saw his post that turned into the recruiting over joke, but that definitely isn't how most Georgia fans view the recruitment. Gaining a 5* lineman, no matter how many you already have, can only help your team and most fans see it that way.

He’s definitely a character...

Reactions: 1 person
I'm pretty sure I'm not GreysonDawg. I don't know who he is, so I can't guarantee you anyone has seen us in the same room at the same time. I'm at VN for a different perspective on recruiting and my team, not to brag about my team on a UT forum.

Welcome. stay a while. there will be a bunch of posters threatened by your presence. ignore them like you would any small yapping dog.

Reactions: 8 people
Welcome. stay a while. there will be a bunch of posters threatened by your presence. ignore them like you would any small yapping dog.

Thanks for the welcome. lol I’m sure it’s more them being used to fans trolling than threatened. In the off season talking football is the only football to get, so I’m fine talking it with fans of any team.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back