'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

Thanks... That's what I thought. But, logic doesn't always apply where the NCAA is involved, so I figured it was worth asking.
I think this new rule and the new redshirt 4 games rule and grad transfer rules are at least trending toward the NCAA applying logic. Those 3 new rules in particular are very logical and beneficial to the students as well as the schools.

Reactions: Easttnken
Honestly, what confuses me is how he could still be working on academics if school has already started at his high school, which I assume it is.

I ain't know spit about no academics.

This is the type of thing that I feel is better left for the coaches to worry about. No sense worrying about it when there are to many unknown variables. Can't solve the equation with so many unknowns.

What you're saying is you ain’t come to play skool?

Last edited:
Exactly, we can't he find someone to basically do this stuff for him?!?

If he posted his log in info on volnation he'd be done in 24 hours Lol

Reactions: Brillovol
Question for some of the rules gurus, if JJ was to delay his enrollment until winter, when does his clock officially start? Would he still have five years to play four starting in the 2019 season?

Let's be honest. It was June, no doubt. Then it was July, no question. Then it was August, without any problem. Now, it's 50/50.
I'd say it's more like 20/80 he's not making it in this semester.

Reactions: jordan4vols
Bad to think like this but does probst have an agenda here to where JJ not making it benefits him? Under current rule you can't be off field coach at a school with your players within 2 yr period. After this year it will have been beyond the 2 yr period for shamburger and blakely....

I honestly don't know why I keep opening it every day.
i usually give a day or two between glances. each time, just disappointed.

i guess the good news is, if he doesn't make it in this fall, enrolls in January you just treat him like an EE for the 2019 class. and that may work out better long term.

that's assuming a lot though...lol.

He still has plenty of time, technically, right?

Classes start on the 23rd, and he has until the drop date to register, which is around September 7th.

VN Store

Back