'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

I wonder if Kirby is paying $$ to get some of these players. It is quite shocking how now 2 elite players seemed all about UT and then boom. Lawsuits are happening all over the country with other universities so I don't think it's that.

I wonder if Kirby is paying $$ to get some of these players. It is quite shocking how now 2 elite players seemed all about UT and then boom. Lawsuits are happening all over the country with other universities so I don't think it's that.

Butch landed a couple big classes early on coming off 5 wins. UGA obviously wasn't near that bad. Smart is doing well. Fact is we are getting owned on the recruiting trail. Not just beat, owned.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch landed a couple big classes early on coming off 5 wins. UGA obviously wasn't near that bad. Smart is doing well. Fact is we are getting owned on the recruiting trail. Not just beat, owned.

Hopefully a few will wait and see what we do this season and we do well.

There is a whole lot of time left in Gibb's recruitment. I remember when folks were worried about KMAC going to Arizona of all places. We'll see how this one shakes out.

Reactions: 1 person
Smith and Chandler. That's literally all I feel even decent about right now out of top caliber type guys. We might be fighting to stay in the top 20. IMO those thinking 10-11 wins causes some huge group of top guys flocking to UT is going to be disappointed.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Butch may pull one more from somewhere late in the year. I believe top 15 would be about as good as we can expect at this point.

Been losing ground here for a while. Lots of things pointed to it. Most just ignored it.

I just went back and checked the last few pages because, as usual, nothing you said seemed right.
Almost every comment was either
" no point stressing what you can't change" or " we still have time to make up ground."
There was almost zero 'ignoring'

I swear, a man couldn't pull the truth out of your mouth with a Jeep, a 3 ton winch and a mule added in for good measure.

Reactions: 2 people
I just went back and checked the last few pages because, as usual, nothing you said seemed right.
Almost every comment was either
" no point stressing what you can't change" or " we still have time to make up ground."
There was almost zero 'ignoring'

I swear, a man couldn't pull the truth out of your mouth with a Jeep, a 3 ton winch and a mule added in for good measure.

It's been being ignored a lot longer than a few pages.

It's been being ignored a lot longer than a few pages.

Went way back.
Several posts from the same two or three people, but definitely not "most".

Go with whichever you choose, but you're either lying or you have no clue what the word "most" means.
Neither seems like a good quality.

Reactions: 3 people
Gibbs hasn't even made his decision yet. Settle down.

Water-Cannon.gif

All we got to do is kick the Dawg's azz and he will be a VOL.:bottom:

Went way back.
Several posts from the same two or three people, but definitely not "most".

Go with whichever you choose, but you're either lying or you have no clue what the word "most" means.
Neither seems like a good quality.

I've said since early July and the quotes came out saying Gibbs introduced his cousin to UGA this one was going sideways. OV and GFW said we good. Obviously "most" said they would trust the insiders and ignore the quotes. IMO most should have paid closer attention to what the young man said and did. Not visiting in 6 months should have been another clear sign.

Reactions: 3 people
I've said since early July and the quotes came out saying Gibbs introduced his cousin to UGA this one was going sideways. OV and GFW said we good. Obviously "most" said they would trust the insiders and ignore the quotes. IMO most should have paid closer attention to what the young man said and did. Not visiting in 6 months should have been another clear sign.

biggest sign

Top recruits want two things. Early playing time and/or championships. Immidiate playing time is hard to come by so we need to show we can win the SEC. (Totally speaking out of my arse but it makes sense)

I agree with cat here. How did just winning the east help with mizzou's recruiting?

This is the first year we've "struggled" with recruiting under Butch. We win, they'll come. 2018 will be huge imo

Like cat said, we don't have immediate playing time to sell. The only way I think that the landscape of recruiting drastically improves for 2017 is if we win the sec championship. Jmo

It's not losing that's the issue, it's the perception that we choked away games due to coaching incompetence. Rest assured that Kirby and Dabo are all over that. Secondary issue is the perception that we squander talent, as evidenced by drafting zero for two years. Prove we can win big games and put about a half dozen in the league and this will magically fix itself.

VN Store

Back