'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

He can talk about recruiting all he wants, the state of Georgia is loaded every year with recruits and no matter how well uga does they are a 10 win team so.etimes 11.. They just can't get over the hump and they hired mark richt 2.0 as their new coach IMO, who zero thinks is already better then butch even though he's never been a head coach. Kirby may be good but him and his staff don't have me concerned. Fl and Tenn are the bellcows of the east and that trend is starting back up.

Last edited:
He can talk about recruiting all he wants, the state of Georgia is loaded every year with recruits and no matter how well uga does they are a 10 win team so.etimes 11.. They just can't get over the hump and they hired mark richt 2.0 as their new coach IMO, who zero thinks is already better then butch even though he's never been a head coach. Kirby may be good but him and his staff don't have me concerned. Fl and Tenn are the bellcows of the east and that trend is starting back up.

Yeah, Richt was so bad, winning 10 games is so easy in the SEC...half the fan base doesn't even know the last time Tn won 10 games. Should happen this year...if not, Gruden on line 1

Yeah, Richt was so bad, winning 10 games is so easy in the SEC...half the fan base doesn't even know the last time Tn won 10 games. Should happen this year...if not, Gruden on line 1

The east was down big time and I was meaning uga was mediocre when they should have been winning big. 10 wins a year is only good if u win a championship every once in awhile. 07 was the last time. I measure success on championships not 10-win seasons and participation ribbons

Last edited:
The east was down big time and I was meaning uga was mediocre when they should have been winning big. 10 wins a year is only good if u win a championship every once in awhile

East was down big time when? Don't always believe what you are told. All of Richts tenure? You can argue there was more parity with SC actually becoming better than avg. Heck, Vandy made a bowl! One can argue the East was down in the 90s as only two teams were good, the rest were horrible. So, did Fl take advantage of a down SEC east? Yep, Tn should have done more, it's not like even Fla went undefeated, they always slipped against someone too.

Edit: I'm just saying winning 10 in this league is nothing to sneeze at. 2007 was the last time, almost 10 years from winning 10 in one year, much less avg 10 a year.

Last edited:
UGA always always always gets their talent. What a shame that you never do anything with it despite having a college in the middle of hottest recruiting bed in America. Pathetic really.

So true. No major program has ever done less...with more...than Georgia.

Hell, with Atlanta they should BE Alabama historically. Instead their 'Golden Age' was during the term of a coach who's an honorable mention--at best--in the pantheon of SEC greats.

Seriously, losing must be in the water in Athens.

Somehow, Tennessee has gotten the reputation of being a preseason hype monster and then never living up to expectations when in reality, that's Georgia to a T.

Reactions: 1 person
Somehow, Tennessee has gotten the reputation of being a preseason hype monster and then never living up to expectations when in reality, that's Georgia to a T.

I'm confused, where were we ranked preseason last year and where did we finish?

Should have been at least 10 last season

Ask pretty much any fan of any SEC school and they'll say that Tennessee was or is always predicted to win the East and never does. It's a complete myth but somehow it's always out there.

Reactions: 2 people
Ask pretty much any fan of any SEC school and they'll say that Tennessee was or is always predicted to win the East and never does. It's a complete myth but somehow it's always out there.

Myth indeed, at least for the last 10 years.

I would say we are often regarded as a "Dark Horse" candidate or expected to be an improved team.

Having lived in Ga for 40 years, there are NO fans anywhere as sickening as Ga fans.

Living in KY, I've learned to dislike UK fans almost as much as BAMA fans. All they want to do is talk smack about bball and when you talk football they won't even talk. I tell them all the time, UT doesn't have a very good bball team, but we don't ignore the team simply because they are not a great team. Bandwagon fans of the worst sort. Can't wait to see what The YUK reject Tubby Smith does at Memphis. Hope he takes them to a couple NCs.

Even in the Fulmer years it was weird. Tn would start top 10, end top 25, on years ranked top 25, ended top 10. The highest Tn has been since 07 is 18. Tn will start higher than that this year.

Living in KY, I've learned to dislike UK fans almost as much as BAMA fans. All they want to do is talk smack about bball and when you talk football they won't even talk. I tell them all the time, UT doesn't have a very good bball team, but we don't ignore the team simply because they are not a great team. Bandwagon fans of the worst sort. Can't wait to see what The YUK reject Tubby Smith does at Memphis. Hope he takes them to a couple NCs.

The worst Kentucky fans are the ones that are Alabama football fans during football season. I'm know several..... Pathetic

I live in Lexington and it really is hilarious how much they hate UT...there may be 20 cats fans that understand the rules of football. The rest cheer for bama or Ohio state.

Shoop traveled Thursday to Grayson High School in Loganville, Ga., to see five-star defensive back Deangelo Gibbs, Georgia linebacker commitment Breon Dixon and elite Class of 2019 linebacker Owen Pappoe.

Reactions: 7 people
Shoop traveled Thursday to Grayson High School in Loganville, Ga., to see five-star defensive back Deangelo Gibbs, Georgia linebacker commitment Breon Dixon and elite Class of 2019 linebacker Owen Pappoe.

I think we're in really good shape with Gibbs. He wants to play with Nigel from all I've seen and heard.

Grayson hired Jeff Herron this year so he is going to get great coaching. Herron has 4 state titles from 2 different schools. Grayson is playing IMG, Hoover, McEachern, and Archer, plus whoever they draw in the playoffs.

Grayson hired Jeff Herron this year so he is going to get great coaching. Herron has 4 state titles from 2 different schools. Grayson is playing IMG, Hoover, McEachern, and Archer, plus whoever they draw in the playoffs.

Jeff Herron was my High school coach. The guy knows how to win.

They also play Newton (Holliman and Hendersons school). Plus Deerfield Beach Florida which has been a good school but I don't know if they still are.

VN Store

Back