FYI: Students are on fall break week of kentucky game.

I thought they had a fall break in October.No wonder these kids aint learning anything. Breaking all the time! gheez

Reactions: 1 person
it looked about 65,000 last week i remember when u had to go to vandy or uk just bc that was the only games that were not sold out

It didn't remotely look like 65,000.

Truth.

And that was also when our team was WINNING games.

How is it so hard for people to understand that our football games aren't an appealing activity right now?

haha it was quiet this weekend besides people saying get the **** out dooley after we let the 4th quarter clock run out.

UK has been Thanksgiving weekend for like 50 years now.

Actually not that long. Since 2002. Used to be Kentucky then Vandy. Then Vandy complained that they were on thanksgiving break for the Tennessee game and they would rather have it the weekend before. Kentucky and Tennessee didn't care so they switched it around.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a student and I would call myself a diehard fan.. Have only missed a couple cupcake early morning games during my time here... And I doubt I will drive back 2 days early on my thanksgiving break to watch the 2nd worst team in the east beat up the worst team in the east.. Sorry.. If you were a student here and contantly got your hopes up for your team to perform, yet your hopes get struck down by the absolute terrible coaching from out staff, you would understand..

In fact I may get a few people together and go down to The Grove to watch the Egg Bowl in Oxford just to see what it's like and have a good time.

Speaking of students... I understand the point you're all trying to make by not going to the games, I also understand that the current product on the field isn't up to standards and is at times almost unbearable. But, coming from a UT grad myself, you're going to look back on your time on the Hill and regret every second of action you missed on Shields Watkins Field. College football Saturdays are few and far between, and once you graduate, even though you're still going to games and meeting up with friends and everything like you did as a student, it's just not the same and it never will be again. Don't get me wrong, it's still great, it just isn't the same. It's also a lot harder to get to games, whether you still live in Knoxville or not. Work, kids, responsibilities....it'll never be as easy as it is now. Again, I understand your thought process and why you'd decide not to go, but there are way too few Tennessee football Saturdays as a student. Even if we completely suck out loud and get destroyed by 50 points, it's still a home game and a day you'll never get back.

Sorry, stepping of the soapbox. Just hate to see thousands of students miss out on something that they'll undoubtedly regret missing one day.

Reactions: 5 people
^ so life sucks when you get older? ive never heard this. you probably had al wilson and peyton manning while you were there not byron moore and michael palardy

VN Store

Back