Fulmer's Choices

I don't doubt what you guys are saying, but why hasn't there been an announcement?

I said on March 30, 2018 that Holly will receive a three year contract extension.

Here is what DP12 said April 3, 2018:

Again, there was no “decision,” the idea of her not being retained was never seriously entertained on campus.

She will receive additional years on her contract for recruiting purposes, but the buyout will not be for the full amount of those years.

The bottom line is that Holly will be the coach next season.

I said on March 30, 2018 that Holly will receive a three year contract extension.

Here is what DP12 said April 3, 2018:

Again, there was no “decision,” the idea of her not being retained was never seriously entertained on campus.

She will receive additional years on her contract for recruiting purposes, but the buyout will not be for the full amount of those years.

The bottom line is that Holly will be the coach next season.

Wouldnt surprise me with no balls Fulmer the guy that cost himself his job since he refused to fire dead weight, however I will believe Dumb park 12 as far as I can throw him, his sources dried up a while ago, although the call on three year extension would surprise no one since Fulmer as an AD is a joke! He wouldn't fire Holly if she won 10 games next season he would blame it on inexperience or another excuse as those on here use for her ineptness!

Reactions: 2 people
Wouldnt surprise me with no balls Fulmer the guy that cost himself his job since he refused to fire dead weight, however I will believe Dumb park 12 as far as I can throw him, his sources dried up a while ago, although the call on three year extension would surprise no one since Fulmer as an AD is a joke! He wouldn't fire Holly if she won 10 games next season he would blame it on inexperience or another excuse as those on here use for her ineptness!

Wow.

FAHR HOLLY.
FAHR PHIL.
FAHR DEERPARK12.

Reactions: 5 people
The University of Tennessee and its Board of Trustees are close to finalizing a multi-year contract for Phillip Fulmer as the athletics director. Fulmer has greatly energized UT athletics since being appointed to replace John Currie in the 11th hour of the Vols’ football coaching search late in 2017.

The deal is projected to be at least four years in length and should pay Fulmer more closely in line with his Southeastern Conference and Power-5 peers, in the $900,000 annually range.

Fulmer is among the headline speakers this weekend, along with David Cutcliffe and Peyton Manning, at Pruitt’s inaugural coaches’ clinic.

Reactions: 1 person

Well, dang. You're sure all upset and angry for some reason. DP brings some good info and insight about UT sports. And, Coach NO Balls brought home a Natty and since firing him, we've gone into the deepest tailspin in my lifetime. Phil, as an AD, is the best move UT has made since in the past 10 years. And, you really don't know **** about anything.

Reactions: 8 people
Ole Miss went the CHEAP route. McCuin will coach there for 3 - 5 years max before they fire her.

A half-million dollar salary for what is the current bottom-dweller of the SEC is hardly cheap, IMO. Also, what makes you so certain that Coach McGuin isn't going to prove to have been a terrific hire for Ole Miss? I'm excited for their program and can't wait to see what happens there in the next few years.

I think she has to produce at least a sweet sixteen this season and needs a higher finish in the SEC. The contract is supposedly for three seasons but can be terminated with a buyout at any time. So although she has the three years in place University can choose to pay the buyout and terminate the contract so really it seems to be nothing more than one year as paying the buyout amount seems to terminate the other two seasons. Hopefully it will be posted soon instead of a poster who although very reliable may or may not know the exact facts.

Well, dang. You're sure all upset and angry for some reason. DP brings some good info and insight about UT sports. And, Coach NO Balls brought home a Natty and since firing him, we've gone into the deepest tailspin in my lifetime. Phil, as an AD, is the best move UT has made since in the past 10 years. And, you really don't know **** about anything.

And what did Fulmer bring AFTER that Natty Slydell? Of yes 2 5-7 seasons which should NEVER happen after winning a NC but somehow McFatbutt was able to do that! So forgive me his one NC for the dumpster fire he left with 2 5-7 seasons in a 3 year span and a load of crappy players that were left after, heck Butch Jones most likely left more in the cupboard compared to Fulmer!

And DP has about as much inside info as anyone else does, I have a friend in the AD office, guess i can start throwing crap against a wall that he tells me hoping some of it sticks and after being right a few times tell everyone I am an insider! How about this one, as much as Haslam has stated he will not be the next President of UT, he will back off that and become the next President of the system and after that we all better hope that Pruitt and Holly can coach, because the House of Haslam has proven that they absolutely suck at picking coaches or even presidents of their own company!

And what did Fulmer bring AFTER that Natty Slydell? Of yes 2 5-7 seasons which should NEVER happen after winning a NC but somehow McFatbutt was able to do that! So forgive me his one NC for the dumpster fire he left with 2 5-7 seasons in a 3 year span and a load of crappy players that were left after, heck Butch Jones most likely left more in the cupboard compared to Fulmer!

And DP has about as much inside info as anyone else does, I have a friend in the AD office, guess i can start throwing crap against a wall that he tells me hoping some of it sticks and after being right a few times tell everyone I am an insider! How about this one, as much as Haslam has stated he will not be the next President of UT, he will back off that and become the next President of the system and after that we all better hope that Pruitt and Holly can coach, because the House of Haslam has proven that they absolutely suck at picking coaches or even presidents of their own company!

You don't have to know anyone inside to figure out the Haslams. Most of it is public record. Lol.

You don't seem to like DP12, and you don't have to. But I've never seen him or her give bad info or pretend to be something he or she isn't or pander for applause on any forum.

Reactions: 7 people
The University of Tennessee and its Board of Trustees are close to finalizing a multi-year contract for Phillip Fulmer as the athletics director. Fulmer has greatly energized UT athletics since being appointed to replace John Currie in the 11th hour of the Vols’ football coaching search late in 2017.

The deal is projected to be at least four years in length and should pay Fulmer more closely in line with his Southeastern Conference and Power-5 peers, in the $900,000 annually range.

Fulmer is among the headline speakers this weekend, along with David Cutcliffe and Peyton Manning, at Pruitt’s inaugural coaches’ clinic.

"greatly energized"- I'm looking for a word beyond "hyperbole."

The contract is supposedly for three seasons but can be terminated with a buyout at any time.

So although she has the three years in place University can choose to pay the buyout and terminate the contract so really it seems to be nothing more than one year as paying the buyout amount seems to terminate the other two seasons.

That’s how Every contract works. Every contract an be terminated with a buyout, but that still means you are paying her not to coach.

Since she knows most want her unemployed, give her 3 years with no buyout.

VN Store

Back