Fulmer comments on Gillespie departure

Clawson was Fulmer's choice. He had just won FCS as a head coach and it took him all of 2 seconds to get a HC job at a mid major.

At some point, some of our ignorant fans must face the FACT that Fulmer got himself fired. If he was so damn great, some other program would have courted him

That is incorrect. Fulmer had his man, and was ready to hire him. Hamilton and 1 booster denied Fulmer’s choice. Hamilton was responsible for the Clawson hire. They felt that Tennesssse’s offense had become stale and needed a new style of play. Reluctantly, Fulmer hired Clawson, but never really bought in. As the season progressed, Fulmer and players lost confidence in Clawson’s system. By mid-season, Fulmer tried to change the system back to his offense, which made things worse. It was an unbelievable mess. Fulmer was partly to blame for never fully supporting the hire, but Clawson was Hamilton’s and a “booster’s” choice.

Reactions: 2 people
That is incorrect. Fulmer had his man, and was ready to hire him. Hamilton and 1 booster denied Fulmer’s choice. Hamilton was responsible for the Clawson hire. They felt that Tennesssse’s offense had become stale and needed a new style of play. Reluctantly, Fulmer hired Clawson, but never really bought in. As the season progressed, Fulmer and players lost confidence in Clawson’s system. By mid-season, Fulmer tried to change the system back to his offense, which made things worse. It was an unbelievable mess. Fulmer was partly to blame for never fully supporting the hire, but Clawson was Hamilton’s and a “booster’s” choice.

Who was Coach Fulmer's choice?

I gots to know.

Clawson was Fulmer's choice. He had just won FCS as a head coach and it took him all of 2 seconds to get a HC job at a mid major.

At some point, some of our ignorant fans must face the FACT that Fulmer got himself fired. If he was so damn great, some other program would have courted him

What was that, his national championship ring was so loud I couldn't hear you.

Reactions: 4 people
Fulmer should have been fired in 2005

You know what happened to us post fulmer firing and yet you choose to be ok with that. If we kept fulmer I believe he turns it back around. He went to the sec championship every three years on average. Dude could win.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back