From blueshirt to backbone, Robertson ready to lead Vols' OL

That's a good one.

Drew Richmond was seen by a lot of people on here as a can't miss lineman prospect not too long ago.

Tiny Richardson is another good example.

I picked Coleman because he was the last great OL we had who completely lived up to the hype and made it into the NFL...

Tiny looked like Tarzan but played more like Jane IMO....
And Richmond hasn't lived up to his hype so far...but he still has time...

Coleman was a stud from day one and proved it over and over!!

I sure hope we finally get back to the spectacular level of O lines under Fulmer. Those were amazing lines that dominated college and pro level and opened holes for Reggie, Jamal, and others. Games like USCe, Vandy, and Appy State last year just can't be repeated if we are going to be "champions". Having said that, I'm liking the direction the line appears to be going this year.

Reactions: 1 person
No red meat? O.k., I could go with that. But, no pork? No BBQ???? He's torturing himself for the game. That's impressive!

I picked Coleman because he was the last great OL we had who completely lived up to the hype and made it into the NFL...

Yep, Coleman was the anchor up front on some really great teams. Had a good career with the Bucs too.

I'm a little confused here. Wasn't Tiny Richardson the guy who allowed like one sack all season long to Clowney? but otherwise dominated Clowney the rest of the game?

Last edited:
I'm a little confused here. Wasn't Tiny Richardson the guy who allowed like one sack all season long to Clowney? but otherwise dominated Clowney the rest of the game?

Richardson absolutely lived up to expectations. He was playing on shoddy knees his last season here and was still one of the better LTs we've had in the past decade.

Reactions: 2 people
Jashon has had some good games but he's also gotten whipped in pass protection, especially late in games. That said, he's progressively gotten better each season and I hope to see that continue.

At times, last year, he was flat terrible, and yes, mainly in pp. Boulware played much better.

Richardson absolutely lived up to expectations. He was playing on shoddy knees his last season here and was still one of the better LTs we've had in the past decade.

Tiny would've been a fantastic NFLer had his health allowed it. Even other fans talked up Tiny.

His smile may say "I like to play guitar at the park." but his game says "I like to hold baby ducks under water for fun and relaxation."

Jayshon plays like the D slapped his mamma and stole his biscuits. We are going to have one big nasty O-Line in 2017.

GBO

He does kinda look like a Grateful Dead fan with that relaxed smile and hairdo. And yeah, you're right about the way he plays -- played that way since day 1 too.

By the way, any news about Big Charles Mosley??

No longer on the team, but still at UT finishing his degree. I assume that broken leg he got in that car wreck kept him from living up to the potential he had in HS.

Had that not happened, and Sawyers not gotten stupid? Hurts to think about it.

VN Store

Back