Friends in Low Places at the end of 3rd is the worst.

You may want to dismount your high horse. UT is famous for playing a song about killing law enforcement officers.

Serial killer. These are not the same. This is like comparing John Wayne to John Wayne Gacy. One killed people in movies (in a song in this case), the other murdered multiple people in real life.

Serial killer. These are not the same. This is like comparing John Wayne to John Wayne Gacy. One killed people in movies (in a song in this case), the other murdered multiple people in real life.
And here I was thinking it had something to do with Geraldine Jones' boyfriend.

Skillet? Wtf. We don’t need christian emo music played during a football game. They remind me of a guy from the local youth group with anger issues and a super inflated ego. Barf
That’s your opinion. I disagree with it.

Prove me wrong.
Terrible song for motivation, no connection to Tennessee, sung by an Oklahoma boy.
Our recruits and players guaranteed hate it.
What does it have to do with anything? Better yet, why that song?
I have to agree with this. That and the Welcome to the Jungle sting for 3rd downs. Did they outsource the music selecting to a frat?

I can 100% day without a doubt if we became the University of Skillet our recruiting would suffer.

I’d never go to a game in person again. Bottom of the bottom music.
Never said anything about renaming the university merely using a song… and you are allowed to have your opinion. I just disagree with you.

Smack dab in the middle of Augusta County, here...
Hell right!! Staunton is the most beautiful town ever. All of augusta county is beautiful. I lived in nellysford. Sadly got out of there after I lost my fiancé and couldn't take it anymore, she had a massive family farm in Lovingston, with a beautiful 1700s style mansion to herself when we met.. Crabtree falls, st Mary's cove, stores on 151, fine wine and cider all the time... Mountain mama! She's also why I hate UVA! She was a former cheerleader there so I had to go to so many boring games. I always hated Charlottesville.

Last edited:
Prove me wrong.
Terrible song for motivation, no connection to Tennessee, sung by an Oklahoma boy.
Agreed.

Wisconsin has Jump Around at the end of the 3rd - way fun.
Florida has Wont Back Down…seems fitting at the of the third.

Friends in Low Places is slow and depressing. There has got to be at least 1,000 better options.

And no, Copperhead Road is also slow and bleah. Its a fine tune…just not 3rd qtr caliber.

It’s a weird song to even think of for stadium music.
No it's not. As Steve Earle himself said, "all it is is a modern version of Rocky Top." The only problem with it is the last verse about modernizing the "family business" to grow pot instead of running moonshione.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Wisconsin has Jump Around at the end of the 3rd - way fun.
Florida has Wont Back Down…seems fitting at the of the third.

Friends in Low Places is slow and depressing. There has got to be at least 1,000 better options.

And no, Copperhead Road is also slow and bleah. Its a fine tune…just not 3rd qtr caliber.
It's not slow and meh. It's a faster paced song than fricking Dixiland Delight! The only concern I have with it is the content of the lyrics in last verse that might not be acceptable to a lot of people.

Prove me wrong.
They played the song at a game just prior to Garth Brooks (most overrated country singer in history) holding a concert in the stadium. Everyone sang it that day and they haven't stopped since. I normally don't care much either way about the trash they play or say over the PA system but that is awful and your are right it is not relevant in any way to Tennessee or Big Orange Football

Reactions: jonnon111
They played the song at a game just prior to Garth Brooks (most overrated country singer in history) holding a concert in the stadium. Everyone sang it that day and they haven't stopped since. I normally don't care much either way about the trash they play or say over the PA system but that is awful and your are right it is not relevant in any way to Tennessee or Big Orange Football
Agree not a fan of low places.

The song that would be PERFECT..."I'M A VOL FOR LIFE Y'ALL" by Matt Stillwell
listen closely to the words. What's wrong with it?

-would be a great upbeat sing along
-would sound great sung by 102,000
-would be uniquely ours

I'm a newbie and don't know how to link. Could someone link from youtube please ?

VN Store

Back