Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

well, lets see. Hogs have pretty much taken over the whole state. The problem is most of Arkansas' land is leased. The number of hog hunters in Arkansas has tripled in the last few years (everybody with a 4 wheeler and a gun). We lease almost 7 thousand acres here where I live that has no hogs on it or you would be more than welcome to come down here and hunt. Unless you know someone here in Arkansas that has a lease, I really have no answer for you.

Note: I dont do alot of organized hog hunting, I just bait and kill the ones that frequent my land. Actually, I am going on my 3rd organized hunt ever next weekend.

I wish I could give you a better answer, but I dont hog hunt enough to be able to give you one.
Dude, you just said there's hogs on your land. I'm sure you could give pops a sweet deal to show him how to bait and kill hawgs on your land.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude, you just said there's hogs on your land. I'm sure you could give pops a sweet deal to show him how to bait and kill hawgs on your land.

Problem is, my 28 acres is surrounded by leased land. Hard to hunt and kill hogs on that small of acreage.

well, lets see. Hogs have pretty much taken over the whole state. The problem is most of Arkansas' land is leased. The number of hog hunters in Arkansas has tripled in the last few years (everybody with a 4 wheeler and a gun). We lease almost 7 thousand acres here where I live that has no hogs on it or you would be more than welcome to come down here and hunt. Unless you know someone here in Arkansas that has a lease, I really have no answer for you.

Note: I dont do alot of organized hog hunting, I just bait and kill the ones that frequent my land. Actually, I am going on my 3rd organized hunt ever next weekend.

I wish I could give you a better answer, but I dont hog hunt enough to be able to give you one.

thanks for the heads up... what about WMA lands?

thanks for the heads up... what about WMA lands?

I cant give you any info on them either. There is a big WMA less than 20 miles from here, but I steer clear of them because of all the dumbass regulations. That, and they are always full of people who are too tight to lease land. I am not sure if you have to have a permit to hunt feral hogs on a WMA or not, but I will be glad to check for you. That, or you can go to the AGFC's website and check.

I cant give you any info on them either. There is a big WMA less than 20 miles from here, but I steer clear of them because of all the dumbass regulations. That, and they are always full of people who are too tight to lease land. I am not sure if you have to have a permit to hunt feral hogs on a WMA or not, but I will be glad to check for you. That, or you can go to the AGFC's website and check.

if you hear of anyone with a lease or wanting to lease land for a hunt ..... hit me up I would be greatful :hi:

220.6 on Monday, 216 today. Back to running and counting calories. I put on a ton of weight over the holidays

263.jpg

268.jpg

266.jpg

VN Store

Back