Freshman DB’s

RockyTopTexas

How many freshman can start in this secondary? Alonte seems to be a clear lock at corner and trevon flowers looks very fluid out there. Is there a chance that Baylen, Abernathy, and Osborne get phased out. Bryce is athletic as can be and Flowers looks like he might get the chance opposite Nigel. Can all three end up starting by mid season? We’ve only had 3 practices but man these young guys look impressive

How many freshman can start in this secondary? Alonte seems to be a clear lock at corner and trevon flowers looks very fluid out there. Is there a chance that Baylen, Abernathy, and Osborne get phased out. Bryce is athletic as can be and Flowers looks like he might get the chance opposite Nigel. Can all three end up starting by mid season? We’ve only had 3 practices but man these young guys look impressive

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Doubt
TK JR starts much, if any at safety. Abernathy on the back end scares the hell out of me. All 3 could be starter's by time we play GA or at the very least be big parts of the rotation.

Alonte is showing a lot of ball skills but I wouldn’t call him a lock yet. Especially starting against a pass happy team like WV. Will probably be starting by the time we enter conference play imo.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Doubt
TK JR starts much, if any at safety. Abernathy on the back end scares the hell out of me. All 3 could be starter's by time we play GA or at the very least be big parts of the rotation.

Agree...Abernathy will have a hard time keeping that spot imo. Nigel has the only locked up spot and Shamburger, I think, will lock up another...

I think freshmen will play a big role in our secondary..

How many will start the season...IDK

How many will start the last few games of the season. Up to three non-injury related starters (Taylor, Thompson and Flowers).

Hopefully Osbourne, Buchanan, Shamburger and others get coached up to a higher level and we can use these Frosh as high quality backups.

We should be set at Safety with Warrior, Abernathy, Kelly and Theo Jackson.

Either way, put the best 5-6 starters out there.

Reactions: GwinnettVol21

Taylor and Thompson have good chances to start. Taylor I believe will be a starter. I don't see how you keep him off the field.

I think the best 4 / 5 will start no matter class etc

Have a chance to be good

I agree, especially if Rumph has anything to say about it. He had a history at Florida of starting young DBs. Nothing unusual to find a freshman starting at corner on game one, just saying.

I believe that, in the right coaching environment, players can show a greater range and quality of skills. That's a result of a great coach being able to bring out the best in their student. We'd better not discount any of our players based on previous seasons!

Reactions: LittleVol
On the recent VQ podcast they seemed to think Taylor was a lock to start at one CB spot, that Flowers has a good shot at getting a starting spot at safety, and that Thompson will likely be in the 2 deep somewhere in the secondary with a chance to maybe make an impact in some sub-packages.

Could be a blessing and a curse this season. These new guys seem like they have much more potential to make big plays. But guys without much experience might be a bit more likely to make some busts as well.

I'm excited to see what we can get out of them.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan

VN Store

Back