free speech zones and..

it seems to me, kids getting these degrees are for the angry and who need to have constant reassurance.

i guess you would get a job with ACORN or the abortion industry if you have these type degrees.

Bachelor of Arts (BA), African American & African Studies Degree Salary, Average Salaries | PayScale

Its $60k a year.

You left out the part where it says the $38k per year was for Black people with a Family and Consumer Sciences degree. That is not African American Studies. At least link to an article showing the degree we are talking about. I read the same link and AAS is not in the list of ten lowest paying degrees for Black people. Just stop making up stuff.

Dude... You're example is based off of two salaries

African Studies Careers | Academic Invest

Salary​ Level of African Studies Graduates
The below salaries are an average starting salary for general humanities (which includes African Studies) students based on skills and experiences gained at the bachelor level. It is important to remember that salary levels typically increase in conjunction with an increase in experience and education.

African Studies Graduate Salary United States: According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the average starting salary for graduates with a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in the general humanities in the United States is $31,904 USD per year.

African Studies Graduate Salary Canada: According to MacLeans, the average salary earned by Humanities graduates 2 years after graduating from Ontario universities is $38,407 CAD (2008 figures).

Reactions: 1 person
You are ignorant like usual.

What Can I Do With a Bachelor of Arts in African American and African Studies (AAAS)? | Department African American and African Studies
Notable AAAS Majors
Angela Bassett, award-winning actress. (BA in African-American Studies from Yale University.)
Rakim H. D. Brooks, Rhodes Scholar and C. Edwin Baker Fellow in Democratic Values at Demos. (BA in Africana Studies from Brown University.)
Megan L. Comfort, Senior Research Sociologist, Urban Health Program at RTI International and Adjunct Asst Professor of Medicine, UCSF. (BA in Black Studies from Wellesley College.)
Jendayi Frazer, Distinguished Professor, Carnegie Mellon University and former US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs. (BA in African and Afro-American Studies & Political Science from Stanford University.)
Brian L. Harper, Medical Director and COO of the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention. (BA in Afro-American Studies & Biology from Brown University.)
Mae Jemison, Physician and NASA astronaut on the Endeavor in 1992. (BA in Afro-American Studies from Stanford University.)
Do Kim, Civil rights attorney & founder of the Korean American Youth Leadership Program. (BA in Afro-American Studies & Sociology from Harvard University.)
Aaron McGruder, Cartoonist, writer and creator of the nationally syndicated comic strip "The Boondocks." (BA in African-American Studies from the University of Maryland, College Park.)
Gloria Naylor, Educator and novelist. Winner of the National Book Award in 1983 for The Women of Brewster Place. (MA in Afro-American Studies from Yale University.)
Michelle Obama, attorney and First Lady of the United States. (BA in Sociology with a minor in African-American Studies from Princeton University.)
Richard W. Roberts, US District Court Judge for Washington DC. (BA in Black Studies & Political Science from Vassar College.)
Claudia Thomas, author and first black female orthopedic surgeon in the U.S. (BA in Black Studies from Vassar College.)
https://cla.umn.edu/wcidwami/african-american-african-studies

Career Titles of Alumni with this Major
Professor, Department of African-American Studies, Yale
Author and Playwright
Human Resources, Training, and Labor Relations, Target Corp
Probation Officer and Correctional Treatment, 180 Degrees, Inc.
Nurse, Dekalb Medical Center
Analyst, BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota
Counselor, UnityPoint Health - Trinity
Vice-President, General Mills Inc
Lawyer, Potts Law Offices
Director, Freedom School - Kwanzaa Community Church, Minneapolis
Editor, John Marshall Law Journal
Teacher, Progressive Early Childhood Education Center
Child, Family, & School Social Worker, Hennepin County
President, Headwaters Consulting Inc
Dean, Brown University
Director, YMCA Metro St. Louis
Chief Financial Officer, The Green Edge

The degree definitely isn't worthless. It is like any history degree. If you make good decisions and the right connections it can be very lucrative. If you think all history degrees are worthless than that is an different argument. On average someone with just a degree in AAS makes $60,000 per year. Not great, but more than the average American makes.

multiple degree holders, a movie star and a comic writer. or they started a foundation and don't actually make money for themselves or anyone but instead get donations (not a bad cause but not an income generator).

and the bolded doesn't make your point, as someone said it isn't that the person got an AAS degree, its that they went to Yale for it. take those same people and stick them in AAS at a CC or even a state school and see if they walk away with the connections.

Liberal Arts degree holders are a lot like slinky's. They aren't good for anything, depend on someone else for purpose, but they are fun to push down stairs.

Reactions: 3 people
This is ridiculous. As a lib, I must say the attacks on free speech are becoming ludicrous. It's a shame how the roles have reversed here.

What's wrong with free speech? Why do you hate America?
Can’t you read? Joe never said he was against free speech. You threw that in there on your own. And he never said he hated American, you also put that in there.

I'm sure you don't know how college works so I'll tell you. Any degree you get will start with a base set of classes everyone has to take. Anyone who earns any degree will be way more educated than someone sitting home posting memes on Facebook.

Why do you bash AA studies and Women's studies every time someone discusses degrees? Are you a racist or a sexist or something? You are aware AA studies is basically a history degree and Women's lit is an English degree? There are several history degrees and English degrees available. Why single the two of many? Jealous that people with those degrees are better educated and probably better paid than you? Must suck to be so jealous and hateful.
They need to get rid of those base set of classes..... it’s ridiculous and just drives up costs for students that much more.

I think it went over your head.

Ok. Another question.

When some one gets this degree, what are the career fields that are open to them?
I assume most plan on being teachers?
How'd it go over his head? Explain yourself and see.....

Like 60 k is big money. Haha
Its definitely not to me maybe not to you. Its more than the AVERAGE American makes.

Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion

So while not big money to some of us, its great money to over half the country.

Once again the people making fun of these degrees are mad they are jealous these people with Black and women focused degrees make more and are better educated than them.

Stay salty, broke, and uneducated. lmao

Its definitely not to me maybe not to you. Its more than the AVERAGE American makes.

Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion

So while not big money to some of us, its great money to over half the country.

Once again the people making fun of these degrees are mad they are jealous these people with Black and women focused degrees make more and are better educated than them.

Stay salty, broke, and uneducated. lmao
I personally don't gaff how much or how little anybody makes.

Reactions: Zues1
You made a funny by playing the race card........................for the four hundredth time.
Would you prefer I whitewash reality to protect your euro ethnocentric safe space? I didnt think that stating the truism that our traditional history curriculum focuses on white people was playing the race card.

VN Store

Back