Free Kasey

I think some of the posters in this thread need to become more informed before making such statements. It wasn't one word or one tweet. It was several and she wasn't 14 when she said it. She was 16 and 17 years old.

Having said that, I think we need to forgive. Still though - get your facts straight before you make a stance on something that has real implications for multiple people that are part of our Vol family...f'n hillbillies giving us a bad name.
Hillbillies is a hurtful term 20 years from now when this is considered hate speech I hope someone digs it up on you

Hillbillies is a hurtful term 20 years from now when this is considered hate speech I hope someone digs it up on uoub

I saw that too. Nothing like going on a rant about how evil she was as a teenage girl for using inappropriate language…only to finish your rant with inappropriate language.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
That's an unrelated response.

It didn't cost her her job either. For better or worse, the tweets she made as a teenager did.

Completed related, I am an anonymous person here. She isn’t using that Twitter account.

It absolutely did. If she doesn’t make the comment, she still has her job.

She felt the need to play Mom to Vol fans and explain they shouldn’t show up in blackface. I will never agree she should be fired for this, but she comes off as a little ignorant.

Completed related, I am an anonymous person here. She isn’t using that Twitter account.

It absolutely did. If she doesn’t make the comment, she still has her job.

She felt the need to play Mom to Vol fans and explain they shouldn’t show up in blackface. I will never agree she should be fired for this, but she comes off as a little ignorant.

Ok ok....in that case, let's start studying the resumes of the replacement candidates.

meg.jpg

Hillbillies is a hurtful term 20 years from now when this is considered hate speech I hope someone digs it up on you

Not that I'm for firing someone over tweets made when they were 14, but I'm pretty sure the N-word was considered unacceptable language 8 or so years ago too. It's not something that was socially-acceptable at the time and has since become un-PC.

If I were her I would demand that they pull every staff and player cell phone and if there is a rap that contains the “n” word that that person be removed from the program.

Reactions: Vol4ever and Ratvol
I think some of the posters in this thread need to become more informed before making such statements. It wasn't one word or one tweet. It was several and she wasn't 14 when she said it. She was 16 and 17 years old.

Having said that, I think we need to forgive. Still though - get your facts straight before you make a stance on something that has real implications for multiple people that are part of our Vol family...f'n hillbillies giving us a bad name.
It would appear that she figured out she should do better.

And she did (unlike this Joe idiot).Screenshot_20221027-165507_Twitter.jpg

BLM?

bacon, lettuce, mayo...?
Black. Lives. Matter.

Kasey shouldn't have lost her job over that what she said.
Context not withstanding.

But we live in a world filled with stupid people that lack reading comprehension, and therefor can never master critical thinking.

She doesn't just need a lawyer. She needs a good PR person that has some sense.

Hillbilly
Often used as an insult and racial slur against White folks who live in the country. A hillbilly is a person who lives in a remote, rural area in the South

Urban Dictionary: Hillbilly

Do you not know OutKick? They’re as anti-woke as you get. And she’s super attractive. OutKick and Barstool will probably get into a bidding war for her.

Yes, I know Outkick. Do you realize how this started? She was shaming RGW News for the exact kind of things that the average Outkick subscriber would think is hilarious.

Not that I'm for firing someone over tweets made when they were 14, but I'm pretty sure the N-word was considered unacceptable language 8 or so years ago too. It's not something that was socially-acceptable at the time and has since become un-PC.
Completely agree with everything you said. Would add to it how much did anyone consider what was socially acceptable at that age?

VN Store

Back