Freaks O&W Game Pics

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Well I am pretty disapointed in the way many of my pictures turned out this year. It was definitely user error. I had the camera set on automatic and didn't realize it. Due to that some of the shots appear a little washed out/blurry. I went ahead and posted most of them anyway. I also caught myslef watching and not taking as many pictures as I wish I would have. :lol:

I was only able to stay for the first half.

http://www.volnation.com/ow2006gallery

(Crakaveli @ Apr 9 said:
did anybody get to see any of the construction?

Attachments

• P1010822.jpg
    P1010822.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010823.jpg
    P1010823.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 5
That was all I really noticed from where I was sitting.

thanks. that's weird to look at.

there's some construction going on elsewhere i think.

(Crakaveli @ Apr 9 said:
thanks. that's weird to look at.

there's some construction going on elsewhere i think.

I thouhgt they were working on the North endzone but I couldn't tell anything was happening there.

NICE PHOTOS

curious what the formation was they used the most, sounded like a single back, with a tight end, and 3 wr's. Slot receiver opposite the tight end.

Looking at troopers sideline pic. When did it become orange, white and black? black looks good. wondering when they add it the uniforms.

it became an alternative color. navy was an alternate color i believe, at least for baseball. I think the football team incorporated it on the away unis a few years back during the Manning era?

(oklavol @ Apr 9 said:
NICE PHOTOS

curious what the formation was they used the most, sounded like a single back, with a tight end, and 3 wr's. Slot receiver opposite the tight end.

Looking at troopers sideline pic. When did it become orange, white and black? black looks good. wondering when they add it the uniforms.
Base-fundamental work. Black outline to the away jerseys? 10-12 years ago. :birgits_giggle:

(IBleedOrange24/7 @ Apr 9 said:
Base-fundamental work. Black outline to the away jerseys? 10-12 years ago. :birgits_giggle:

The jerseys and pants have been either orange or white for the last 20 years. Maybe you got them confused with Vandy.

Show me a pic from the scrimmage that has a player dressed out to play in a jersey or pants that is not either orange or white. show me a pic from the last 20 years for that matter.

(IBleedOrange24/7 @ Apr 9 said:

I guess you consider the black shoes part of the school colors. Or the black shoe laces. :rolleyes:

When they wear a black jersey or black pants in a game then I will believe you. Otherwise black outlines around numbers is not a change the school colors IMO. Black jerseys or pants might look nice with orange, but I dont think it will ever happen.

(vol_freak @ Apr 9 said:
I thouhgt they were working on the North endzone but I couldn't tell anything was happening there.

The work that you took pictures of were the sunshades. There is still a bit of work to happen there obviously. Work you cannot see probably is what is going on underneath the East skyboxes, which has been underway for a while. There is some work that has already been done at the North endzone, shoring up underneath the existing bleachers in preparation for installing some more floor framing. That should begin within the next couple of weeks and should progress quickly. It's moving along at a good pace.

I really want to get over there and take pictures. I estimated and sold this job for the steel fabricator that is doing it. Once I get some pictures, I will post them.

Many Thanks! It makes being stuck in the middle of Razorback country a little easier to stand. :beer:

(volmanal @ Apr 9 said:
Great pics!! Did you go to the fanday at TB?
I did not. How did that go? It didn't sound like it would be as much fun as the way they usually do it.

I stayed till the 4:30 mark in the 4th. Didn't go to fanday (same reason as freaky). They blocked off the east side seats and the north end zone seats due to construction. I did notice that they were a lot of palates of brick and concrete block surrounding Gate 21.

As far as the unis go, Fulmer caved in to media whining and added the black accent around the numbers and black names on the away jerseys. Appraently the media couldn't read the names and numbers in orange on white jerseys (or rather Keith Jackson couldn't). They were first used at the S. Carolina game in '94.

than;ks for the pictures freak, as I am no longer living in tn I dont hear too much about the vols, I read online, it gets me pumped up for football season.

(Volstorm @ Apr 9 said:
I stayed till the 4:30 mark in the 4th. Didn't go to fanday (same reason as freaky). They blocked off the east side seats and the north end zone seats due to construction. I did notice that they were a lot of palates of brick and concrete block surrounding Gate 21.

As far as the unis go, Fulmer caved in to media whining and added the black accent around the numbers and black names on the away jerseys. Appraently the media couldn't read the names and numbers in orange on white jerseys (or rather Keith Jackson couldn't). They were first used at the S. Carolina game in '94.

i like the black around the numbers and for the names

Great pics, Freak! Was anybody at the game? The background in some of those shots made it look like the place was empty. I guess that was the area where the construction was going on.

VN Store

Back