"FreakNotes" of Butch Jones' press conference

Darrell Taylor missed his calling as a WR. He's perfect size. Believe he played it in hs too.

Dude played half the positions on the field in high school and excelled at all of them. One of the reasons I was so excited when we landed him. He was a DE, OLB, WR, occasionally thrown in at TE and CB as well. Though, DE and WR seemed to be his two primary positions in HS. He was a very good WR; don't know if he's an SEC level WR, but could probably play it at some college.

Regardless, he's one of the few DEs in college football that could drop back into coverage and do well.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch has beat me. I can't listen to him speak anymore. Even reading his quotes brings me down compared how I used to get jacked up in the spring. Ready for this year and him to be over.

I suspect we'll all be a little more "accepting" of robot press conferences if we can put it together this year. On good news front, it appears no new cliches... Go Vols!

did you actually watch the whole presser?
he def mentioned hoke when speaking about the new coaches and how some have been head coaches and interim head coaches and how that helps communication. i mean he didn't go on and on but he def spoke more than " not a word about hoke"

I just hit the notes and there was no mention. I figured if he mentioned every other new guy and didn't mention Hoke it was worth a post. I'll send it to you for approval nxt time

Butch has beat me. I can't listen to him speak anymore. Even reading his quotes brings me down compared how I used to get jacked up in the spring. Ready for this year and him to be over.

debbie-downer-gloomy-gus-and-negative-nancy-friends-or-foes.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
You know how you get a new set of headphones, and they aren't the 200$ headphones, but they are getting rave reviews. You get them out the box and they are tight, they distort at higher volumes and they are too tight on your head. After a couple of weeks use though, they get what's called "burn in". They start to loosen up and glue the sound. They start to fit better etc. That's Butch right now. He needed a "burn in" period. He's changing. He's learning, and he's starting to sound better. lets see how he functions. The guy wants to win.

In year 11 of his head coaching career? He's missing something the elite coaches have, a killer instinct.

Reactions: 3 people

Step it man... show some resiliency.

Reactions: 2 people
You know how you get a new set of headphones, and they aren't the 200$ headphones, but they are getting rave reviews. You get them out the box and they are tight, they distort at higher volumes and they are too tight on your head. After a couple of weeks use though, they get what's called "burn in". They start to loosen up and glue the sound. They start to fit better etc. That's Butch right now. He needed a "burn in" period. He's changing. He's learning, and he's starting to sound better. lets see how he functions. The guy wants to win.

I've never used a pair of poorly made headphones for five years waiting for them to "burn in" though; you must have the patience of Job, and the hearing of Helen Keller. :)

Last edited:
So that's all good, however does anyone know if the sweater/sweatshirt that Butch was wearing is available? Maybe in the store at the stadium???

I think we might just win back to back champions of life trophys!

Its never been done before but i think CBJ is the man to get it done!

I think it's laughable that he said the strength and conditioning coach in 2 months on the job has transformed the team

what a shame...gonna be a good year...just hang in there...it'll get better...gonna need everyone on deck this year to get us to the SECC...:eek:k:

GO VOLS!

Sounds like CBJ has got it all figured out.

Sounds to me like he uses the same basic speech every spring and just changes the names.

Enough people buy it that he gets away with it without producing.

He's talked about "the standard" for 5 years now. Has he ever really defined it in objective terms?

If I could ask him just one question... I would ask if he thinks he has met "the standard" in any of his 4 seasons OR in his "whole body of work" at UT.

Sounds to me like he uses the same basic speech every spring and just changes the names.

He's talked about "the standard" for 5 years now. Has he ever really defined it in objective terms?

If I could ask him just one question... I would ask if he thinks he has met "the standard" in any of his 4 seasons OR in his "whole body of work" at UT.

Rest and recovery, Eye discipline and personal performance

I know last year he described one performance as unacceptable. I think he has answered the question.

You need a new hobby mate. Any time I see someone post something similar on here I recommend the same thing. You're too thin-skinned and sensitive to be a Vol fan. You'll never make it. Save yourself an embolism and take up wood carving. If it makes you this depressed then why keep doing it?

Reactions: 5 people

Hard to believe you actually want the Vols to have losing season. Tell Jalen VN says howdy.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back