former educators,

The reason why education is not uniform throughout the country goes back to the Constitution. The Constitution gives specific powers to the federal govt. Education is not a specific power given to the federal govt. The 10th Amendment states that any powers not given to the federal government but not denied to the states shall be reserved for the states. Therefore education is a state power. Since it is a state power its up to each individual state to set an educational policy that is best for itself.

Bingo. You made my point perfectly.

Teacher get such a shady deal. They are responsible for the most important thing.... Education and they get paid crap. Get piles of crap put on them for kids that have parents that dont care about them. Then they are judge and fired if a kid thats at school to get a free meal will not perform in the classroom. I used to think I would make a good teacher... I lied. I would be fired the first day for choking one of the kids to death for a having such a bad attitude.

If I knew the short comings of being a high school teacher. I would not even consider that career. Just saying.

I agree. So it's a matter of who is in charge. Are we as taxpayers going to assert our authority? Or are we going to acquiesce to whatever is dictated by the government? Because in theory, at least, they work for us.

So I think we should have a say. As I said, I think that's a lot more realistic if decisions are made closer to the school district level -- and not by the self-serving NEA and bureaucrats in Washington.

The NEA does not have nearly as much say as you think. They like to pretend that they are working for teachers, but in reality the state and feds have a heavy hand in education, at least in Tennessee. You would be surprised to learn that there are many, many teachers that are not in the NEA.

VN Store

Back