Forget Mexico, Trump Can't Get Even Get Congress To Pay For His Wall

"I hate the bill and I hate the process that brought it to my desk... now, where do I sign?"

Yep, that's some strength of leadership right there. :good!:

He should have dragged all their asses into his office and thrashed them for that POS bill.

What good is the bully pulpit if you don’t use it.

Reactions: 1 person
"I hate the bill and I hate the process that brought it to my desk... now, where do I sign?"

Yep, that's some strength of leadership right there. :good!:

Budgeting may be like health care. What was it that Trump said? "This is more complicated than I thought.".....something like that.

Reactions: 2 people
Budgeting may be like health care. What was it that Trump said? "This is more complicated than I thought.".....something like that.

Pretty much everything is more complicated that Trump thought. Tends to happen when a person is not that smart.

Reactions: 5 people

There is no point in denouncing something if you're going to immediately approve it with no changes made. Trump seems to believe that he can distance himself from legislation which will have his signature on it - he can't.

There is no point in denouncing something if you're going to immediately approve it with no changes made. Trump seems to believe that he can distance himself from legislation which will have his signature on it - he can't.

I agree, but remember to consider the audience.

You say that like cutting $3 billion is automatically a good thing. What if it was the Dep. of Veterans Affairs or the VA? There is nothing more important than education. We are currently seeing the results of the shortcomings in the system. Using the fact that there are obvious shortcomings as justification for making it even worse is asinine.

The shortcomings in the system have zero to do with funding. It has to do with personnel and philosophy.

We already spend more on education than any other country yet we still end up with people like you.

It's kind of hilarious that he's trying to accuse the dems of not giving a rip about Daca not getting a permanent fix. He thought he could use the Dreamers as leverage for his wall and the dems called his bluff. Negotiator in chief just got played by Pelosi and Shumer. LOL

Rookie.

The shortcomings in the system have zero to do with funding. It has to do with personnel and philosophy.

We already spend more on education than any other country yet we still end up with people like you.

That's false. Maybe your district should have spent more. And if you look at education expenditures as % of GDP, you're even more wrong.

And finally, if you look at the ratio of education expenditures to military expenditures, you may be the wrongest of all wrong. You've been properly propagandized.

That's false. Maybe your district should have spent more. And if you look at education expenditures as % of GDP, you're even more wrong.

And finally, if you look at the ratio of education expenditures to military expenditures, you may be the wrongest of all wrong. You've been properly propagandized.

WTF does expenditures as a % of GDP have to do with ****? We spend something like 12k-13k a year per student and the next highest is about 8-9k. That's real dollars we are not getting enough ROI on.

Does it take more money to teach our kids than the ones in Europe or Japan?

Reactions: 4 people
A wall which would function to adequately and significantly reduce illegal immigration cannot be built even if it were fully funded.

Moreover, measures to curtail illegal immigration tend to be such as to keep illegal immigrants in the US. Sans a gestapo like approach to the perceived problem, all government efforts to reduce illegal immigration and immigrants are futile.

Thus, without even addressing the morality of the issue, the facts alone instruct us that it's a waste of time and money.

The wall can be built. Trump has been reviewing prototypes to choose from. What morality of the issue? Whats wrong with enforcing laws?

The vast majority of the things the federal government does is a waste of time and money. Measures to prevent illegal immigration is neither. How anyone could see it as any differently is astounding.

A third of the worlds countries either have a wall or are constructing one. So I guess every one of those nations are dumb huh?

Most countries don't award citizenship just for dropping a baby on their soil- means they don't have anchor babies to tether whole families to either. So we can probably add heartless to the charges - especially the liberal European havens.

Whatever. What guns are to you, education is to me.

Of course, you mean that the student gets out of education what he individually is willing to put into it? Since guns run around unaided and kill people, then an unguided educational system can hammer knowledge into kids heads without any human intervention other than throwing money on the fire.

VN Store

Back