For those who say UT is an "above average" program

Miami would quite possibly be at the top of that.

Pretty sure they have more than.. like.. 12.

The only times Bama isn't good is when their under NCAA sanctions from violations. Saban needs to get popped for something severe imo.

They've had down times even when they didn't have sanctions. The greatest day in the history of this sport would be to see Bama and Auburn go down and receive the death penalty.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone who doesn't think Tennessee should have had more than one national championship during their run is delusional.

Fulmer deserves the credit for taking the next step, but I believe there were a few teams that could have done more.

This speaks volumes to the talent UT had during the 90's and early 2000's. You could turn on any NFL game and spot at least one UT player on the field.

Anyone who doesn't think Tennessee should have had more than one national championship during their run is delusional.

Fulmer deserves the credit for taking the next step, but I believe there were a few teams that could have done more.

This speaks volumes to the talent UT had during the 90's and early 2000's. You could turn on any NFL game and spot at least one UT player on the field.

Can you summarize? mobile folks cant read it

zjc isn't a fake UT fan. Pretty sure he's... disappointed we haven't won more...

1. Michigan: 888-306-38 2. Texas: 853-326-34 3. Notre Dame: 845-296-42 4. Nebraska: 836-345-41 5. Ohio State: 825-315-53 6. Alabama: 825-317-43 7. Penn State 821-355-43 8. Oklahoma: 806-308-53 9. Tennessee: 788-340-55 10. USC: 784-309-54

Ninth all time, yea "above average" sounds right

2nd all time in the SEC, It's easier to have a nice all time record when you're playing in the Pac-12, independents, and big 12.

They've had down times even when they didn't have sanctions. The greatest day in the history of this sport would be to see Bama and Auburn go down and receive the death penalty.

Bear Bryant 1958-1982 (232-46-9)

Ray Perkins 1983-1986 (32-15-1)

Bill Curry 1987-1989 (26-10)

Gene Stallings 1990-1996 (70-16-1)

Perhaps you are thinking Shula? 2003-2006 (26-23)

It's hard to be a positive UT fan when the last time UT won an SEC title was when I was five.

I tend to be positive. But I also realize we aren't just going to run out and win 10 games just because.

I'm going by your posts in this forum that I have read.

It doesn't help that of the three teams under your name, you have one college team, and they AREN'T Tennessee.

Sorry I'm not buying into the Tennessee football program right now. It hasn't been great lately.

And that has absolutely ****ing nothing to do with anything. Know why I have that? Because my dad grew up in Michigan, half my family lives in Michigan, and have family members that went to Michigan. You can cheer for more than one school.

It doesn't help that of the three teams under your name, you have one college team, and they AREN'T Tennessee.

Obvious you don't do your homework. I pump more sunshine in the basketball forum than anyone else.

And you realize that my username is zjcVOLS, right?

It's hard to be a positive UT fan when the last time UT won an SEC title was when I was five.

This is the crap that irritates me...

And it's not just you. It's alot of people.

If UT turned into Vandy East and started losing 11 games a year, I would still be a UT fan. Wins and losses don't define my fandom.

Sure, winning is alot more fun than losing, but I am a fan either way.

Satisfaction is based on success, allegiance is not.

Reactions: 3 people

If UT turned into Vandy East and started losing 11 games a year, I would still be a UT fan. Wins and losses don't define my fandom.

Well, if I haven't stopped being a UT now with the last ten years, I doubt it's going to happen any time soon.

He said it's hard to be a POSITIVE UT fan. Not hard to be a FAN. It's hard to predict SEC titles when it hasn't happened in so long. It isn't hard to want them.

What? That UT, at best, has been the 6th or 7th SEC program since 2000? Why should the under 21 UT crowd believe it's going to be different when all they hear is "It's going to be different" and its' not.

I get it. I have a very good grasp on UT's incredible football history. However, something that happened in 1998 doesn't matter any more. For a lot of people, you have to see it to believe it.

VN Store

Back