For every fan who ever questioned why we "let" a recruit get away...

Look...
Ya'll need to calm down. Damn.
This kid is WAAAAY up North where nobody really cares about football and not many recruits come from that area.
I will be a paycheck that now that Butch has found him, he'll get several more offers after others (Bama, Clemscum, etc.) will watch film, etc.
Also remember... Jennings was a QB too. Give him his shot or move him somewhere else. Anyone that has seen his film can see his is a natural athlete. He can HELP us somewhere.

I understood your point and agree op. These kids get pulled in a lot of different directions. To the other points about obvious choice being UT, FSU declined an invite to join the SEC because it is an easier path to the natty in the ACC. It is an easier path to the playing field with other teams right now also. He would have better odds of getting experience and to the NFL elsewhere. It's hard recruiting against that.

I understood your point and agree op. These kids get pulled in a lot of different directions. To the other points about obvious choice being UT, FSU declined an invite to join the SEC because it is an easier path to the natty in the ACC. It is an easier path to the playing field with other teams right now also. He would have better odds of getting experience and to the NFL elsewhere. It's hard recruiting against that.

That's just not true.

Reactions: 2 people
That's just not true.

Lesser competition, some teams not three deep in solid talent @qb right now, and schools that run a pro style O just to name a few reasons I think it's true.

Why do you think it isn't?

I give you a like for the civil discussion in advance so this goes the right way.:biggrin:

Lesser competition, some teams not three deep in solid talent @qb right now, and schools that run a pro style O just to name a few reasons I think it's true.

Why do you think it isn't?

I give you a like for the civil discussion in advance so this goes the right way.:biggrin:

He would definitely have more opportunity to get on the field, no debate there.

But to make it to the NFL? Just consult the draft history by school to see that the opportunities are greater to get to the next level via Tennessee.

He would definitely have more opportunity to get on the field, no debate there.

But to make it to the NFL? Just consult the draft history by school to see that the opportunities are greater to get to the next level via Tennessee.

Got to get on the field first hence my statement odds would be better at another school. I see your point but my statement wasn't untrue. The road is easier elsewhere right now if you're not up to the competition at UT. We aren't starting walk-ons anymore. Kids gotta be ready to work and compete to see the field now. Not being able to sell instant play time makes recruiting more difficult, but we get better players because of it.

Honestly if you pick either UConn or buffalo over Tennessee your just scared in my opinion...

1) I have NO IDEA what is in the minds of a 17-18 year old (and I help make 2 of them at one point in my life)

and..

B. For this particular case...do you REALLY think there is a valid choice between UCONN, Buffalo and The University of Tennessee??!!

aaaaniwellnowTweetywasntthataNoBrai.gif

Got to get on the field first hence my statement odds would be better at another school. I see your point but my statement wasn't untrue. The road is easier elsewhere right now if you're not up to the competition at UT. We aren't starting walk-ons anymore. Kids gotta be ready to work and compete to see the field now. Not being able to sell instant play time makes recruiting more difficult, but we get better players because of it.

If you can't get on the field at UT, then the conversation of making it to the NFL is kind of moot isn't it?

Lots of kids can get on the field at UCONN or Buffalo, only a very few of those could get on the field at UT.

Point is, if you are an NFL player, you'll rise to the top. And being at UT gets more eyeballs.

Good chat.

VN Store

Back