For ESPN insiders

Pops was a player who didn't play or score for his team. Much like this fellow. I did see that Zo was in on some other diamonds in the rough though. Looks like Cal fans are getting a good dose of reality.

Cal met with Mitchell last week. Is he a diamond in the rough? Anyway, regardless, Zo convinced all but one senior transfer to stay on the current roster. He filled the 2 recruits who left with Okorah and Domingo. They have one slot left and are looking for a PG.

Pops was a player who didn't play or score for his team. Much like this fellow. I did see that Zo was in on some other diamonds in the rough though. Looks like Cal fans are getting a good dose of reality.

Yes, because not scoring at a JuCo is the same as not scoring at Georgetown...makes sense.

Yes, because not scoring at a JuCo is the same as not scoring at Georgetown...makes sense.

Face reality, the guy was supposed to be a great recruit and in two years of college he made 11 baskets total and had around 25 DNPs. Georgetown had a bad year and could of used any bench help they could get. Their starting guards averaged over 35 minutes per game.

As for Mitchell, seems he's basically eliminated Cal without a visit and sadly, is looking at Missouri or Vandy.

Another instance where Zo's inability to recruit seems to be hurting us, at least it's indirectly this time.

Reactions: 4 people
Face reality, the guy was supposed to be a great recruit and in two years of college he made 11 baskets total and had around 25 DNPs. Georgetown had a bad year and could of used any bench help they could get. Their starting guards averaged over 35 minutes per game.

As for Mitchell, seems he's basically eliminated Cal without a visit and sadly, is looking at Missouri or Vandy.

Another instance where Zo's inability to recruit seems to be hurting us, at least it's indirectly this time.

I guess we'll see in another year if Domingo is any good or not. Bashing a coach for rolling the dice on a former 4* top 70, US U-17 national team player who never caught on at Georgetown is a little petty though.

If we get Owens, will be in the B+ range. Also don't care about Cal and their coach.

Although, I don't care much about the rankings this year. He did a much better job than I expected in putting this together. I don't know what to expect next year, but it's a lot differnt than what I was expecting a few weeks back.

If we get Owens, will be in the B+ range. Also don't care about Cal and their coach.

Although, I don't care much about the rankings this year. He did a much better job than I expected in putting this together. I don't know what to expect next year, but it's a lot differnt than what I was expecting a few weeks back.
I have more optimism for next year now, then I did about 2 months ago.

Reactions: 2 people
For the person that asked Zo and Cal got an I for incomplete. The blurb only mentions Okoroh calling him a "big get". FWIW as little as this matters Donnie got a B- in less time than Zo has had to put together his class. I wonder what the grade would've been with the original recruits plus Okoroh. Probably the same.

Cal met with Mitchell last week. Is he a diamond in the rough? Anyway, regardless, Zo convinced all but one senior transfer to stay on the current roster. He filled the 2 recruits who left with Okorah and Domingo. They have one slot left and are looking for a PG.

Nobody cares

Reactions: 3 people
It appears their entire class de-committed as well, and so far only Kingsley Okoroh has committed as far as rankable players.

The other player Zo has landed is a transfer from Georgetown who averaged 5 minutes per game as a freshman and 4 as a sophomore with a career scoring average of .75 points per game and .5 boards per game rebounding average, while shooting 21 percent from the field and 11 percent from 3.

Typical Martin recruiting. Definitely sounds like the Georgetown transfer will fit perfectly in Martin's system.

If no one cares, why was my post a reply to someone else?

Deep thoughts.:boredom:

I can't say that I care a lot....this is a Vol site...,, however I do hope the best for CCM at Cal,,,,,,certainly wish him more success than he enjoyed here....he's a good man..,,but if he has the same issues there he had here then he'll have to move on..,,but they may be more long suffering than the SEC......excited about our new coach that wants to be here....so let's move on now.....PLEASE!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
It appears their entire class de-committed as well, and so far only Kingsley Okoroh has committed as far as rankable players.

The other player Zo has landed is a transfer from Georgetown who averaged 5 minutes per game as a freshman and 4 as a sophomore with a career scoring average of .75 points per game and .5 boards per game rebounding average, while shooting 21 percent from the field and 11 percent from 3.
Wow. But i thought he was a great coach and recruiter and UT fans were stupid for wanting him gone?

Wow. But i thought he was a great coach and recruiter and UT fans were stupid for wanting him gone?

So, basically, Martin had 3 spots to fill. He added Okorah, Domingo, and is looking for a PG. He convinced all but 1 Cal player to stay, added a 7'0 center and a former 4* top 70 player who wanted to return home to revive his career. So he has 1 or 2 spots left to fill and he might just sit on those for the next class if he can't find a PG he likes. Cal doesn't recruit non qualifying JuCo's and generally doesn't recruit grade casualty prep school players, so it's a little harder to fill a class.

I hope this has been informative.

Reactions: 1 person
So, basically, Martin had 3 spots to fill. He added Okorah, Domingo, and is looking for a PG. He convinced all but 1 Cal player to stay, added a 7'0 center and a former 4* top 70 player who wanted to return home to revive his career. So he has 1 or 2 spots left to fill and he might just sit on those for the next class if he can't find a PG he likes. Cal doesn't recruit non qualifying JuCo's and generally doesn't recruit grade casualty prep school players, so it's a little harder to fill a class.

You mean like the 50th ranked class he had coming in here and that was with relaxed standards.

CalBears.com or I love average basketball.com has the same info

You mean like the 50th ranked class he had coming in here and that was with relaxed standards.

That 50th ranked class seemed to scatter to some pretty decent places (other than Tuman). Xavier and F.S.U. apparently didn't mind snatching up Martin's scrubs. Looks like Cornish is either going to Nebraska or U.N.L.V., which isn't bad either.

VN Store

Back