For De1conley

Honestly i don't know about CZA leaving but as far as recruiting goes i highly doubt it would chg much. What ppl don't know is P. Will is here not for Z but Swain. Swain found him before he blew up and he has loved UT every since. On the OC and Debord stuff. Anthony Parker is out as 1 of the quality control guys and I've heard that's what his role will be. He will assist with OL. Players and others have complained about Mahoney and he's really not got it done recruiting wise either. I'm suppose to hear from about 2 or 3 ppl tomorrow and I'll update once i get my calls.

Reactions: 23 people
I don't like blue font. I prefer to rustle peoples jimmies

No. You talk **** and when people call you on it, you try and play it off as you are kidding. Thus you win the two fans you have. I see through your **** and see you as one of the worst posters on here. You are miserable and your posts prove it

Reactions: 12 people
Honestly i don't know about CZA leaving but as far as recruiting goes i highly doubt it would chg much. What ppl don't know is P. Will is here not for Z but Swain. Swain found him before he blew up and he has loved UT every since. On the OC and Debord stuff. Anthony Parker is out as 1 of the quality control guys and I've heard that's what his role will be. He will assist with OL. Players and others have complained about Mahoney and he's really not got it done recruiting wise either. I'm suppose to hear from about 2 or 3 ppl tomorrow and I'll update once i get my calls.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate all the info you bring to the board

That would be awesome :rock:

If only your stats were as good as Bueller's

Reactions: 3 people

:popcorn:

de1, did Parker get a coaching job somewhere? If DeBord is in fact hired as a quality control guy, then I'm guessing that's to get him back into the swing of coaching, and he may replace Mahoney next year, if Mahoney still isn't cutting it.

On that note, what do the QC guys do, exactly? I've been wondering and have my hunches but haven't ever really figured it out.

On that note, what do the QC guys do, exactly? I've been wondering and have my hunches but haven't ever really figured it out.

They control the quality... Seriously though, I do wonder why their day to day activities include. I suppose they are sort of a support staff for the coaches, preparing film studies and such. Just a guess

They control the quality... Seriously though, I do wonder why their day to day activities include. I suppose they are sort of a support staff for the coaches, preparing film studies and such. Just a guess

I think they coach quite a bit. Terry Fair was a QC coach for the DBs and it was reported that he had a great impact on our DBs this year. They can't recruit off campus that's for sure though.

Reactions: 1 person

if you ever watch practice film, especially with DL, you see guys putting the players through the drills not the position coach. I'm guessing these might be quality control? Maybe like assistant position coaches?

Really depends on the position.

A lot of times it's an entry level gig where they do a some coaching, but also a ton of film, practice work, meeting prep, class checks, bed checks, etc. I don't know where they fall in the recruiting rules. I've seen it described as another sort of coaching internship. I've always been under the impression QC jobs are a lot like GA positions without the restrictions of GA positions.

Also, it's another way to add staff that doesn't fall under the coach limit.

That's my best guess, anyway.

Although the scenario mentioned with Debord makes it sound like he would be some type of Quality Assurance Manager that floats around and assists as needed.

LWS sounded pretty solid that Debord would be the OC within the next couple of days. Probably something gets announced tonight IMO. No idea where that leaves Mahoney since Debord has quite a bit of Oline coaching experience and not that much in dealing with QBs. We would need a QB coach, IMO.

No. You talk **** and when people call you on it, you try and play it off as you are kidding. Thus you win the two fans you have. I see through your **** and see you as one of the worst posters on here. You are miserable and your posts prove it

Next time don't hold back and tell him how you really feel

LWS sounded pretty solid that Debord would be the OC within the next couple of days. Probably something gets announced tonight IMO. No idea where that leaves Mahoney since Debord has quite a bit of Oline coaching experience and not that much in dealing with QBs. We would need a QB coach, IMO.

Did LWS actually say OC? Could be LWS just means that DeBord is going to be hired.

Thanks, I was wondering what was going on since neither you or gofightwin had responded to "Bueller and his stats". :hi:

On the OC and Debord stuff. Anthony Parker is out as 1 of the quality control guys and I've heard that's what his role will be. He will assist with OL.

Really hope this is true... please keep bringing the updated info, really appreciate it.

VN Store

Back