Football team will dedicate Saturday's game to Jay Rogers

How's he doing?

Last thing I see on his FB page is this, I think from yesterday afternoon...
I ask Jay's Warriors to pray for our family. Jay is not getting any better. Pray for Jay's strength. He was awake for us to tell him the Tennessee game was in his honor he replied "sweet".

There may be more info on his Caring Bridge page, but I don't have the link to that.

That is great. Tip of the hat to everyone who got this done.:good!:

Last edited:
Yep! That's where I saw it.

Just broke through the company internets filter and checked his page out again. Ive only got 6 of my friends to hit his like button, going to have to step my game up.

And Im now following hLathers on twitter. Thats a good dude right there.

Wow, Herman Lathers knows how to hit the point home:

Here is what he posted:

During this tough time everyone pretty much has the same thing to say. But as a former bone cancer survivor, I know what you're going through. As a man of god, I found out that God never puts more on you than you can bear. Jay, you were chosen by God to be a light and a testament to those who have come in contact with you and those who may have just heard your story for the first time. As i always tell myself and I will tell you, Ears have not heard and eyes have not seen what God has in store for you. It may not be what your family or friends want, but God knows best. He's the only doctor that really knows whats best for you. You've suffered a little for everything God has next for you. I pray that as you go through this tough time that you continue to keep your faith in the hand of the Lord because he truly has his hands on you! We will play this game for you this weekend, but we want you to know win, lose, or draw everything will be done to the best of our abilities and with you in mind. Your life has been a journey, but now you're getting ready to arrive at the destination that God wants you at. No one knows but him. The volunteer family loves you man! VFL!!!

This, this, and more this. Sometimes, it takes enduring a real hardship to truly "get it." Herman does. Well spoken, young man.

Prayers to Jay and his family for peace. May they find comfort in knowing that he will soon be free of these worldly chains, eagerly awaiting the day they will be reunited.

To all that have responded, called him, or prayed -- thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. Having dealt with situations such as this many times over the years, you have no idea how much it means to a battling child or a family.

GO VOLS!
GO JAY!

I have shed many tears because of this thread. And, it happened again when I saw the rock. Words are inadequate to express how I feel about Jay, former players and coaches, current players and coaches, our AWESOME FANS, tvols75, MzTerry, and the fans of other teams for the love and support of Jay and his family. God is at work at all times, but we rarely take notice until something like this comes along.

Thank you Jay, and VN for giving me perspective. For helping me appreciate my health, and my blessings. For making me hug my kids tighter and kiss them more tenderly this week. Regardless of the score on Saturday night, I will have peace of mind knowing that all of us who shared in this story and participated in the outpouring of love are the true winners.

Peace, love, and comfort for Jay!!

Reactions: 8 people
I can't stay away from this thread and the tears won't stop.

THANK YOU to whoever got the rock painted.

I wish we could hire security guards to protect it until after the Bama game so everyone will know how great Jay is and how deeply he's touched and inspired so many people all around America.

We need to email and call everyone and keep getting the message out to get more likes on his FB page so Jay will see more and more people praying for him.

It would be awesome to get that count up over 1 Million and this is the kind of story of courage and love that needs to be seen by everyone.

Jay...As a service connected disabled U S Marine I've met alot of heros and great people over my lifetime but YOU are 1 of my greatest heros Jay and I thank you and I thank God for just knowing about you, your courage and your love for God.

Have no fear because God is with you every second and God always knows what he's doing and his plan for you is a wonderful eternity.

God bless you Jay and God will also bless and comfort you, your family and friends so you have nothing to worry about.

This Saturday our great Tennessee Vols are also #Jays Warriors and I hope they can get the huge WIN just for Jay.

We all love you Jay.

Go Vols...Go #JaysWarriors...BEAT Bama for Jay!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 6 people
Reactions: 2 people
Blackledge tweeted today about how he hoped the entire campus would know Jay's story. Is that who is doing the game tomorrow? If so, I bet Jay is mentioned.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back