Flowers diagnosed with Myositis

My memory of you is now even higher given what you played through on behalf of Tennessee and thank you for your efforts on Rocky Top.

I also wish you all the best, but reading what a well balanced young man you are, the future, what ever it is for you, will be Bright And Orange

Last edited:
I have muscular dystrophy, not the same but similar. It took decades to diagnose it. During that time, it was confusion. So I can relate to what Tre is going through. I wish him strength and wisdom and good medical people around him to get thorough this. Meanwhile, I am impresed with his courage and strong demeanor. Tre is truly a VFL.

Played another sport with a guy who got this. It was misdiagnosed for a few years, and he was barely hanging on, eventually getting sent down before they figured out what it really was. Once properly diagnosed and appropriate treatment started it went into remission for a short period of time and he bounced back, but then decided the long term risks weren't worth it. Sad that it took about 3 years to get the diagnosis, as he was getting all the wrong treatments for about 2.5 years. All this was a while back. Not sure how far diagnosis and treatment has come for this since the 90s.

I'm sad this happened to Flowers,, but glad he got an accurate diagnosis so he can properly address it. Nothing worse as an athlete than having a physical problem that no one can figure out.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I have muscular dystrophy, not the same but similar. It took decades to diagnose it. During that time, it was confusion. So I can relate to what Tre is going through. I wish him strength and wisdom and good medical people around him to get thorough this. Meanwhile, I am impresed with his courage and strong demeanor. Tre is truly a VFL.
My mother and four of her brothers had MD. It is not an easy process, but am so thankful for all of the values our family experienced to help us all grow from their experience. The best lesson we learned from her was in her mind she was never handicapped and made use of everything and everyone she came into contact with. Even though she had to make alterations, her goals were always obvious and obtainable in her eyes. Her independence was something she never gave up until her last day.

We pray for your strength and fortitude. Keep the faith!!!

My mother and four of her brothers had MD. It is not an easy process, but am so thankful for all of the values our family experienced to help us all grow from their experience. The best lesson we learned from her was in her mind she was never handicapped and made use of everything and everyone she came into contact with. Even though she had to make alterations, her goals were always obvious and obtainable in her eyes. Her independence was something she never gave up until her last day.

We pray for your strength and fortitude. Keep the faith!!!

Thank you for your well wishes. I still live independently. I have a fairly mild version of it. Even so, it has impacted my life and the lives of my loved ones enormously. I consider myself lucky it isn't worse. Whatever cards one is dealt, you can never give up. One must soldier on every day, like your mother.

That’s good news of him getting cleared to workout again. When he gave interviews last year he always came across as someone who deeply cared for his teammates and a true VFL. Hope he remains involved with UT athletics in the future. Crazy that he played with myositis last season

It is an autoimmune malady. Inflammation of the joints & muscles. Lots of weird medical issues cropping up since 2020 related to the immune system. (I'll leave it at that). Hopefully Trevon will recover completely.
8Yfw.gif

My MIL had a form of myositis similar to ALS. Sadly, it was terminal. Godspeed young man. My prayers are with you.

Good luck on your journey Tre! And thank you for what you've done for the Vols. Keep the faith.

Reactions: Orange.
Fortunately there are multiple effective medications for the Auto Immune diseases now, unfortunately they are generally inordinately expensive. Hopefully he responds and gets back to his previous condition.

Not an athlete by any stretch but I developed statin induced myopathy last fall, and can attest it is absolutely miserable. Couldn’t lift 20lbs past my waist and had great trouble climbing stairs. Legs would give out jumping down from anything. Thankfully it’s started to ease up after about a year. I can totally empathize and admire him for playing through it.

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back