Florida hires Dan Mullen

Mullen was never coming here...between us and the Gators...:no:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mullen was never coming here...between us and the Gators...:no:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are right.

Many, myself included, had discounted his interested in the FL job.

Obviously, that was an incorrect assumption.

He's not a splash hire, but he's solid and deserves a chance. Hope he can keep Matt Corral on board. That's going to be a major tell.

agreed. I just wonder how much leash he has? Is it year 3 win the SEC? not just the east. because that is why you just fired your coach. and that seems like a stretch.

agreed. I just wonder how much leash he has? Is it year 3 win the SEC? not just the east. because that is why you just fired your coach. and that seems like a stretch.
Not at all

Just getting the offense going in the right direction will go a long way

The last 2 guys couldn’t do that

It’s been like 8 years straight of offense ranked outside the top 100 and no QB development

While also running off guys like will grier and jacoby brissett who went on to ball out elsewhere

Not at all

Just getting the offense going in the right direction will go a long way

The last 2 guys couldn’t do that

It’s been like 8 years straight of offense ranked outside the top 100 and no QB development

While also running off guys like will grier and jacoby brissett who went on to ball out elsewhere

I still think he is going to have to win more than he has to improve the offense. He isn't an OC.

I am happy with UF getting Mullen.

didn't want him at UTK.

Has a long history in middle of pack.

Needs to been Tebow back to show QB's how to throw.....giggle giggle.

Just wanted to check in and see if you're still giggling.

Reactions: 2 people
I still think he is going to have to win more than he has to improve the offense. He isn't an OC.

I believe he is very hands on with the offense and esp with quarterbacks it’s no coincidence he’s had some pretty good ones

Top quarterbacks trained under Dan Mullen

And yes he has been a very successful OC maybe he don’t call his own plays idk but he ain’t McElwaine where he’s gonna let a dip **** like Nuss stink up the joint for 3 years and not do a damn thing

Sounds like Todd Grantham will be DC

Not great but not bad either depending on who fills out rest of staff

I know his defenses have had solid rankings last 2 years at miss st and lousivillle

Last edited:
Mississippi State has a bunch of guys coming back, a good solid hire there and I would probably have them in the top 3 in the West.

Were you surprised he moved on? I remember you thinking he had it made at MSU, salary and pressure-wise.

I think he'll do well at UF.

I believe he is very hands on with the offense and esp with quarterbacks it’s no coincidence he’s had some pretty good ones

Top quarterbacks trained under Dan Mullen

And yes he has been a very successful OC maybe he don’t call his own plays idk but he ain’t McElwaine where he’s gonna let a dip **** like Nuss stink up the joint for 3 years and not do a damn thing

I am just saying an improved offense isn't going to keep him his job. might buy him a year or two and a raise along the way, but in the end it is about wins.

Never thought I see the day. Means Foley didn't have the final say and for that I'm very thankful. Not Kelly but still better than last two hires. UF went safe and he'll win games, but I'm not sure we'll win another NC. DM ceiling is Mark Richt at Ga.I'm cool with the hire. He knows offense. Knows UF and it's crazy a** fans. He hates losing to rivals and most importantly, he wanted the challenge of rebuilding the brand.

Really jacked after watching his press conference earlier.

Last edited:
It’s nice having a coach that doesn’t make me cringe when he talks

Macs goofy ass was unbearable even when we won couldn’t listen to him talk about the great atmosphere or how the guys played their tails off for the last year and a half at least

Were you surprised he moved on? I remember you thinking he had it made at MSU, salary and pressure-wise.

I think he'll do well at UF.

Hm. If the reports of $36m over 6 years is correct, not that horrible... I don't see the logic of Mullen taking the gig though. I didn't see him taking that on for basically for no to little raise as Mississippi State probably would have given him a bump. He better get a good cardiologist, as he didn't need one in Mississippi.

Solid decent coach, meh on recruiting, a little weird... Florida could have done much worse, like Chip Kelly. If Chip Kelly would have gotten the job it would have been LSU's new Sumlin Texas A&M game.

From Mullen's POV I am not sure what he is thinking he had a great gig in Mississippi. Whoever is taking on that team has some good solid players coming back. Mississippi State could be a great gig next year for a new coach. Mississippi State was tough and pretty good this year, Fitzgerald makes it back.... it could be interesting in the West.

Obviously I didn't think Mullen would take quite that low - surprised on that, but I would like to see the details on the contract.

And the assumption would have to be that Chip Kelly took significantly less money not to be involved, I would say smart move.

So, Florida now has probably three (Muschamp, Shark, Mullen) head coaches on the payroll. LOL You have to love these amateur sports.

Last edited:
Somehow UF only had to pay 500k buyout

Rumor he had a clause in place for UF. Foley was always the hang up with Mullen. JF didn't care for the way he left UF and his way with boosters.

Honestly he was never winning a NC or making the playoffs at MSU. The East is down so this was a perfect opportunity to jump. If he wins, he would have saved UF football and become a legend... if not, he'll leave 30m richer.

VN Store

Back