Florida game

martyvols

I always want to beat the Gators but this year I really want to beat them. After deciding to not make up the Idaho game they are going to need that game or face another year with no bowl game.
Looking at their schedule I see losses to Alabama, LSU, Georgia, USC, and FSU. If we can beat them that means they end the year 5-6 at best.
What a sweet time that will be watching them meltdown over another wasted year!

Reactions: 3 people
Don't forget Eastern Michigan, Missouri, Vanderbilt and Eastern Kentucky...we could easily lose all those games too.

Reactions: 3 people
After the way Winston and FSU played last Saturday, that isn't a sure defeat. Beating them in Tallahassee could save Muschamps's job.

They play Bama before us, then a buy. I'm hoping for a demoralized team sputtering into Knoxville. They also have LSU the week following us. Those are good teams to be sandwiched between.

I'm not gonna be the guy that says I want to beat them with their best effort.

I just want to win. Period.

There is a lot of football to win between now and the UF game.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida is going to have a good year. And they are going to beat UT in Neyland. I hate be a buzzkill, Tennessee is going to surprise some people this year, and I think we will have a better year than people think, but IMO we are more likely to beat Oklahoma than Florida. And yes I'm serious.

Reactions: 2 people
Florida is going to have a good year. And they are going to beat UT in Neyland. I hate be a buzzkill, Tennessee is going to surprise some people this year, and I think we will have a better year than people think, but IMO we are more likely to beat Oklahoma than Florida. And yes I'm serious.

That's absurd.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate Florida, and if I could pick one opponent to beat each year, it would be Florida. I guess that's because of the era I grew up watching the Vols in, when we owned Bama and the SEC came down to UT and Florida. I want to beat them badly, but I look for the Gators to be much improved this season. When you look at last season, you got to take into account the injuries that teams like Florida and UGA endured. What if we were to lose an AJ, Worley, Sutton, or more lineman to injuries? Our hopes of a big year would take a fall. That's a lot of what happened to FL and UGA last year. I do think Muschamp is a mediocre coach at best, but there's a lot of talent on that roster. If our line can improve over the next month and we stay healthy, then I think we have a decent chance of taking them down in Neyland this year. I'm not a nega-vol at all, but I'm a realist that understands to temper expectations after one win over an above average non-conference opponent. I truly believe we are on our way back to truly competing for titles again, but some people seem to think Rome was built overnight. Gonna take a little time and patience on our part. I will always be proud to be a Tennessee Vol no matter what, and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching this young team rise to the top.

That's absurd.

It's not. Not only is there the mental aspect of the Florida curse, and the fact that Oklahoma is bad overrated, and the fact that Florida is bad underrated, and the fact that Florida will be healthy this year, and an unhealthy Florida beat us last year, but the Florida defense is also a very very very bad matchup for our offense.

If we beat Oklahoma by 2 scores I still won't feel confident going into the Florida game.

If we can take one of the two games vs UGA and Oklahoma and go in 3-1 going back home, it will be tough to beat us with that momentum and crowd waiting to explode(I will be there!).

With no guaranteed help from the west the rest of the way with south Carolina and Georgia, I think the winner from the east will have only one loss in conf play.

It's not. Not only is there the mental aspect of the Florida curse, and the fact that Oklahoma is bad overrated, and the fact that Florida is bad underrated, and the fact that Florida will be healthy this year, and an unhealthy Florida beat us last year, but the Florida defense is also a very very very bad matchup for our offense.

If we beat Oklahoma by 2 scores I still won't feel confident going into the Florida game.

I'm going to get killed for this, but I really don't believe the mental thing is that bad.

I think it's worse on the fans than the players.

The comparison I could make is the Florida-Georgia game. It wasn't mental during the 90's. Florida was just better. It actually became more mental when the Zook teams beat favored Georgia teams.

If there's a mental block, it's getting quality wins period. And that seal was broken by beating South Carolina last season.

If there's a mental thing there, it's more on the positive end of the Florida side that allows them not to panic when adversity hits or whatever else happens.

JMO

Reactions: 5 people
I agree that the UF thing is more mental for the fans than the players. I don't think AJ or Maggit or the sophmores and freshmen will go into that game stressing about the streak. Excuse me for getting off topic but I just saw where we are Ole Miss's homecoming game. I hope we have a big chip on our shoulders for every game this year.

History is hard to deny

Im not going to say much about the gators until I see them hit the field this yr. We will get the chance to see them Saturday and see how they will stack up against our boys.

VN Store

Back