'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

Maybe but mods on both VQ and 247 have said if JG doesn't win the job he likely transfers.

It is all about attitude. Last year his attitude was not very good. I hope that he learned a few things last year, but one doesn't know until events occur. I would rather he transfer than hang around and become a problem for the team. I just think he has a chance to win the starting job and be the "GUY" next year. If his transfer, we will be limited at the position with maybe a redshirt Freshman or inexperienced sophomore and a true Freshman starting. JG has talent but needs to get his attitude in sync with reality. He has already used his redshirt and, if he graduates this year, could be a Grad transfer. I also understand he is at Tennessee only because of CBJ. I know we want to win as many games as possible this Fall, but I do not want to have a Hugh drop off at the QB position next year. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Maybe but mods on both VQ and 247 have said if JG doesn't win the job he likely transfers.

And they’re pretty much like us in these speculations where there’s no personal knowledge. Bunch of clucking hens...ceptin they get paid and have a bigger contact list on their cell phone. :)

It is all about attitude. Last year his attitude was not very good. I hope that he learned a few things last year, but one doesn't know until events occur. I would rather he transfer than hang around and become a problem for the team. I just think he has a chance to win the starting job and be the "GUY" next year. If his transfer, we will be limited at the position with maybe a redshirt Freshman or inexperienced sophomore and a true Freshman starting. JG has talent but needs to get his attitude in sync with reality. He has already used his redshirt and, if he graduates this year, could be a Grad transfer. I also understand he is at Tennessee only because of CBJ. I know we want to win as many games as possible this Fall, but I do not want to have a Hugh drop off at the QB position next year. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm just wondering. Is his attitude issues all attributed to the cameras showing him upset he didn't get to play in the GT game? When he was told he would play and didn't even though QD struggled til the end?

And they’re pretty much like us in these speculations where there’s no personal knowledge. Bunch of clucking hens...ceptin they get paid and have a bigger contact list on their cell phone. :)
Get out of here with that solipsistic bull****

Reactions: 2 people
Ok...you got me to look it up. :lol: Impressive vocabulary that’s not accurate.

You had to look that up? It's just a

Bull-760x400.jpg

:)

Reactions: 1 person
You spout off that a legion of people are “saying” the same thing as you about Guarantano and using that as the basis for him transferring. Perfectly fair to ask if any of that bombast has legs. :hi: I didn’t venture any guarantees...so what would I be “right” about?

I would be really surprised if JG stays if he doesn’t win the job.

I’m not opining the opposite. Just the validity of “other people saying it” as a basis. Kid’ll do what’s best for him.

Legit question - how do the mods on TOS have insight into things like a player's transfer plans and other purportedly non-public information?

If he doesn't win the job and is backup this year, he would still have 2 years left after this season with Chryst gone and only really Shrout and whoever they sign this year left. I could see him staying either way. But I also think he wins the job.

Legit question - how do the mods on TOS have insight into things like a player's transfer plans and other purportedly non-public information?

They guess based on how it seems to be a trend that qbs transfer if they don't start.

I'm just wondering. Is his attitude issues all attributed to the cameras showing him upset he didn't get to play in the GT game? When he was told he would play and didn't even though QD struggled til the end?

Yes, he's been a team player his entire time. I just attribute it to being competitive and wanting to win.

Yes, he's been a team player his entire time. I just attribute it to being competitive and wanting to win.

That's how I've always seen it. I've never heard or seen a quoted from or about him being anything but a team player. It all goes back to that one screenshot. Which yeah looked upset, but it's because he thought he could help the team win and wasn't given a chance.

Those guys cover UT sports every day. It would make sense that they might have certain info that wouldn’t necessarily be public knowledge don’t you think?

Those guys cover UT sports every day. It would make sense that they might have certain info that wouldn’t necessarily be public knowledge don’t you think?

That does make sense. What I've been curious about in the recruiting game is discering what is disinformation vs. what is truly reliable information. I doubt that players or recruits would want certain off the record converastions teased or dropped behind paywall message boards.

That does make sense. What I've been curious about in the recruiting game is discering what is disinformation vs. what is truly reliable information. I doubt that players or recruits would want certain off the record converastions teased or dropped behind paywall message boards.

ain't nothing certain til they sign.:thumbsup:

If he doesn't win the job and is backup this year, he would still have 2 years left after this season with Chryst gone and only really Shrout and whoever they sign this year left. I could see him staying either way. But I also think he wins the job.

I also think he will be the starter, so hopefully it’s a moot point. Wait, I did that wrong, mute point.

But me thinking that he would transfer if he isn’t the starter has little to do with what I think of him. It just seems logical to me.

He graduates this year so people should def prepare for this possibility. Best case scenario is he wins the job. If he doesn't nobody knows what he will do. He could stick it out and win job during season or he could do what several have done lately and that is transfer before season and have 2 yrs left once he graduates

No one is writing an article about JG's future plans if he isn't the starting QB vs. WVU. But on VQ and 247 they have message boards just like here on VN. It's not just articles. So people start threads and ask questions all day long about a variety of topics. Sometimes the mods will answer those questions. There have been dozens of threads about "what if JG doesn't win the job?!" over the last several months. Occasionally they will hint that they wouldn't be surprised if he left if he doesn't win the job.

I also think he will be the starter, so hopefully it’s a moot point. Wait, I did that wrong, mute point.

But me thinking that he would transfer if he isn’t the starter has little to do with what I think of him. It just seems logical to me.

What? Couldn't hear you. :)

It would seem more logical in that scenario to stay and try to start the next 2 years than to sit out a year to me. Unless they bring in another grad transfer he would only have to beat out Shrout and whatever freshman we sign this year. Or sit out a year and hope where you go you can start somewhere else in 2 years? But qb transfers these days don't always make sense.

What? Couldn't hear you. :)

It would seem more logical in that scenario to stay and try to start the next 2 years than to sit out a year to me. Unless they bring in another grad transfer he would only have to beat out Shrout and whatever freshman we sign this year. Or sit out a year and hope where you go you can start somewhere else in 2 years? But qb transfers these days don't always make sense.

Could depend on how close he is to graduating. If he can this yr then he wouldn't have to sit out. You gotta wonder where his head would be if he got beat out a 2nd time and would be in another QB competition in the spring with guys Helton personally recruited. Will be interesting to watch if Chryst wins the job.

Could depend on how close he is to graduating. If he can this yr then he wouldn't have to sit out. You gotta wonder where his head would be if he got beat out a 2nd time and would be in another QB competition in the spring with guys Helton personally recruited. Will be interesting to watch if Chryst wins the job.

Maybe, is he close to graduating early?

VN Store

Back