‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

People expect us to land players that typically go to UGA, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma. We are coming off 7-6 season lol. When we start winning 9+ games a year on a regular basis THEN it will be okay to bitch and complain about missing on elite players. But we aren't there yet and that's facts. This will still be a nasty class. 24 class will have legit top 5 or top 7 potential. Go Vawls!!!
Where have we whiffed on elite players?

Tate, Mauigoa? Maybe instate guys?E24E538D-05AC-4C69-8A9A-5B3FAFE813AE.gif

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
Where have we whiffed on elite players?

Tate, Mauigoa?
Exactly it's not even enough to worry about yet honestly. Also, why do some of these dudes act like recruiting season is over? Lmao. College football season hasn't even started yet. If the Vawls come out and ball we could maybe flip a couple guys. I see this class finishing in the top 10 or top 12. I'll take that year 2

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
As a general rule the teams dominating the last few years have higher rated players. Of course there are always a few surprises and busts. To say you don’t care about the star ranking at all is simply naive if you want UT to be competitive in the SEC or Nationally.
Great post. Go Falcons.

Exactly it's not even enough to worry about yet honestly. Also, why do some of these dudes act like recruiting season is over? Lmao. College football season hasn't even started yet. If the Vawls come out and ball we could maybe flip a couple guys. I see this class finishing in the top 10 or top 12. I'll take that year 2
December is two months earlier than Feb. Camps, officials, amd unofficials all happen before the dead period.

School starts in a month. NIL is a WW money grab.

16/25 commits. There's only 9 spots left.

AP says we have had very few decommits in last few years, NIL will cement commitments more.

(Damnit i sound like BoT).

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
I had my S8 for four years, too, before it started acting up. Traded it in on an S21 a little over a year ago and it still runs like new.

I've been wanting to upgrade mine for while. Dang thing wint quit. All 3 my kids have iPhones and they dont last near same amount of time.

Uh, we need best players to fit our system.

I dont care about stars.

Ok let me ask you something. Why do the same teams get the most highly rated “star” players every single year? So you want players that fit our system right? Well do the elite teams do that?

Let’s take Bama and UGA. Now they get tons of blue chip players. So does it just so happen that every blue chip player they get magically fit their system? Or is it that they get the best talent they can and tailor the system to fit the strengths of the talent the have?

Remember Botch Jones told Trevor Lawrence he didn’t fit his system. Yet he seemed to fit Dabos just fine.

Oh, Lucas!

R.331a9348d16fa73f47fad41970ea4fae
6B803A01-56C9-4CB4-BAC9-7EB1D65DD313.gif

Ok let me ask you something. Why do the same teams get the most highly rated “star” players every single year? So you want players that fit our system right? Well do the elite teams do that?

Let’s take Bama and UGA. Now they get tons of blue chip players. So does it just so happen that every blue chip player they get magically fit their system? Or is it that they get the best talent they can and tailor the system to fit the strengths of the talent the have?

Remember Botch Jones told Trevor Lawrence he didn’t fit his system. Yet he seemed to fit Dabos just fine.
argument incoming.

E41F48FE-31E1-4ACF-BB5E-73656B48DFFA.gif

December is two months earlier than Feb. Camps, officials, amd unofficials all happen before the dead period.

School starts in a month. NIL is a WW money grab.

16/25 commits. There's only 9 spots left.

AP says we have had very few decommits in last few years, NIL will cement commitments more.

(Damnit i sound like BoT).
There is no 25 cap this year.

Listen, don’t take this the wrong way…. I’m gonna root for him to pick us on the 11th. I don’t think he will so I’m not gonna get too upset if he doesn’t.

But even if he does, I don’t have a lot of confidence he sticks with whomever he originally commits too.

I wanna boom but not expecting to boom.
Optimists thought process…

He won’t stick with his commitment.

So if it’s us then it will really help continue the momentum we have going.
If it’s not us, we will get him later.

VN Store

Back