‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

You do realize Nico also loves the coaching staff and the city of Knoxville?

Money played a factor but it’s not the only reason why he committed here.
Reading comprehension... I said 8 mil would attract nearly anyone. That doesn't mean it's the deciding factor.

And yes, I know it has been reported that Nico and his family like the staff a lot.

I would not want some of the posters here as teammates late in the 4th quarter, down by 6 after giving up an interception. Some of yall do not handle adversity well at all.
Hmmm
It depends.
How many interceptions have you thrown already in the game "Gaurantano "??🙄

Maybe we all know you just won't rise to the occasion and we just want the game to end!

Complain about being used and abused? What in the world does that have to do with Mauigoa choosing Miami. I understand some people can not afford to donate. And that post was not directed at that minority. The minimum donation is $60 yearly. Most people spend that in sodas or cigarettes or … so to say the average person can’t spend $60 a year to support their team is not factual.

My point is, this was/is a NIL loss. Pure and simple. If you want to fuss and complain about a lack of recruiting, then donate to support NIL.

We all want to talk about how we are the greatest fans, well IMO these great fans need to put their money where their mouth is.

And for the record, I am anti NIL from a principal standpoint. However, they didn’t ask my opinion and NIL is reality. If we want to win, we have to have everyone’s buy in. So buy in or we lose. That simple.
It’s not the average Joe like many of us are who will make the difference. We need the high income bracket people donating like the one Miami has.

Reading comprehension... I said 8 mil would attract nearly anyone. That doesn't mean it's the deciding factor.

And yes, I know it has been reported that Nico and his family like the staff a lot.
8 million reasons to like the staff and Knoxville. Hell I would consider moving to Afghanistan for 8 million.

This thread....

tenor.gif

Let it go. Unless he decommits from Miami or we flip him, there's no need to keep it alive.

I thought Texas's was only 50k/player per year. Just what I remember

Agree 2m over 4 years was probably right on our end. Then they just doubled it or something crazy.
They had a few nil deals. One with Pancake Factory, another hearts for horns or something like that and a few more.

When you think about it we have to make that 30 million work every year though for signing kids. If Nico and a player like Mauigoa are taking down 10% a year every year while they’re there, it gets harder to spend big money on each player in the next class. And that’s not considering the guys you have on the roster that prove themselves worth some nil as well and you have nothing to give them so they hit the portal.

Reactions: jerrync
Hope Francis has fun competing against the Little Sisters of the Poor! Won’t be an ACC left after his Freshmen year.

As little as conferences mean now they are fast tracking to irrelevance.

I hope we stop expanding, as fairly soon we won't be able to play all teams in our division lol.

That's not going to happen though while there's a dollar to be made

8 mil would attract nearly anyone.
There was speculation and because both sides probably have pretty strict NDA's it wasn't denied. But in reality we do not know what the structure of that contract was. Personally, I HOPE they didn't make a deal that gives him $8 million with no specific "deliverables". That would be incredibly foolish on their part and would be damaging to the program.

ACC and SEC should just merge. Honestly they have better TV markets anyway, Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, Raleigh, Etc.
Not a bad idea. PAC and 10. SEC and ACC. Invite 3 additional from Big 12. East and West. With 8 team divisions. 14 games with 3 bye weeks. 11 game conference schedule would have you play 7 in division + two from other east division and 2 from west. 3 non conference games.

Definitely all do it.

Which made me think.

The majority here (and other fan boards) are male. I’m not sure where the old stereotype came from about women being more emotional than men but that is so so so so so so so so so wrong. Dudes up in here with the emotional stability of a toddler.

My theory is it comes down to different emotions. But, since history and narratives are typically written by men, we've been able to successfully categorize women as the more emotional sex. Because they may have more empathetic emotions or emotions that end in crying. As to where men's seem to end in more anger or physical confrontations...but that's not being "emotional", just "being a man".

That's good marketing by the authors of society.

VN Store

Back