Five-star SG Anfernee Simons visiting this weekend

You think he was paying kids to OV?

College basketball recruiting is dirty. Bruce and Donnie aren't the only UT coaches who broke rules.

Hope you know that.

No, but in house I wouldn't be surprised if there was "hey, check out this place and you won't have to do any of you schoolwork".

You'd think he wouldn't waste his time visiting colleges then?

You think it's wasting time getting to go tour college campuses? Hell I did it when I was in high school just to get out of school for a couple days. Jeez

You think he was paying kids to OV?

College basketball recruiting is dirty. Bruce and Donnie aren't the only UT coaches who broke rules.

Hope you know that.

And you sound like you're saying w Barnes should cheat just to because others do.

Proof or just speculating? And I'm not talking the texted 4 times over the limit "cheating".

Just my guess. But I'm of the opinion that if you've regularly landed top 50 players over the past 20 years then you swam in the murky water some.

Naive to think otherwise IMO.

It says this kid is a projected first rounder. Why would he even consider going to ANY college? Hmmmm...be a multi-millionaire at age 19, or go to school (for one year) and take a bunch of silly classes? Hard choice.

This has been discussed...unless you’re a guarantee lottery pick the salary and contract isn’t as good.

Reactions: 1 person
I think bigger get than Stokes, probably up there with Tobias.

I don’t think Stokes or Hubbs we’re guys projected as fringe lottery picks, Hopson & Tobias I believe we’re though.

Maybe nationally, but impact wise I think stokes is bigger than Tobias. He gave that team a much needed boost. (From what I remember)

Using Tyndall as a measuring stick for anything is foolhardy.

Tyndall was a sleaze. He was a pretty good coach who apparently wasn't happy with his progression up the coaching ladder. He wanted to speed up the process.

Pearl was flawed as well. Apparently he didn't trust his boss or the athletic department to deal with him fairly. Why else would he hide stuff from them? When he made a recruiting mistake, tell them about it quickly and let them help you deal with it.

Never saw where he committed.

Did he Austin Nichols commit or did I miss where he decommited from us to pick the Zags?

I was being sarcastic...my point being that unless you sign them it does you no good. That also wasn’t what happened with Clarke, his dad didn’t want him at UT and wanted VT, wouldn’t sign off on Tennessee.

I was being sarcastic...my point being that unless you sign them it does you no good. That also wasn’t what happened with Clarke, his dad didn’t want him at UT and wanted VT, wouldn’t sign off on Tennessee.

He was committed until the news broke. Seems like his dad figured out what was going on and came in and took control of the situation like any good parent would.

He was committed until the news broke. Seems like his dad figured out what was going on and came in and took control of the situation like any good parent would.

No...even the day he was announcing analysts said to keep a watch out because this one wasn’t over, Chris committed without his fathers permission, had nothing to do with investigation at that point.

No...even the day he was announcing analysts said to keep a watch out because this one wasn’t over, Chris committed without his fathers permission, had nothing to do with investigation at that point.

His dad didn't want him here anyway. Didn't stop him from announcing Tennessee.

Dad got leverage once Tyndall got in his mess and the kid decommitted.

VN Store

Back