Fisher Affair

I'm certainly not intending to call out anyone here about this remaining private. It's out there, and it's a topic of discussion. I just feel bad for the dude because I think of my wife, and I just can't imagine...

I agree. I'm not a fan of his, but hate to hear this for anybody. Especially it getting smeared.

So now everyone knows his wife cheated on him with an ex Florida football player. What a crappy, crappy affair for the family. Man I hate it for Jimbo. He seems like a good guy.

Maybe it shouldn't be reported but things like this have a way of becoming common knowledge even if they aren't. Back in the 70's, the Oklahoma coaching staff was torn apart because Barry Switzer joined the mile high club with Larry Lacewell's wife (while Larry was also on board). Lacewell was a DC for Tennessee under Majors, btw.

True - this is the story that Larry acknowledged. I first met him after he moved in with the HC of stAte, Bill (Bull) Davidison and his family after the separation. I am a grad of stAte and lived in that area at the time. He was a unpaid assistant for Davidison that year. Later on became the HC when Bull retired. That got his career restarted.

Larry admitted that coaching bunch he ran with were wild as bucks. Some of them grew up together in the same area around Fordyce, AR. At that time he had a rather strong dislike for Switzer. Heard they patched it up somewhat when Larry went to work with the Cowboys.

Hate it for Jimbo, even though I don't like how he handled anything with Winston. A friend of mine used to work the Bowden's/his football camps and thought a lot of him. They still text each other periodically.

Last edited:
You lost 75% of the time playing against Jacobs.

I wouldn't be glad about that.

75% of the wins solely attributed to him?...doubt it. :). Yeah...we've had enough punks...SUPER glad we didn't get him now. :good!:

VN Store

Back