Final Four run

It's crazy to think but it seems like most brackets will have us making the sweet 16.

Everyone talks about guard play come tourney time and I think it's overblown but Bowden, Turner,
Daniel and BOne are playing great as a group game after game

Guard by committee.....

Game Bowden Daniel Bone Turner
LSU 2 17 12 12
Iowa St 7 16 2 20
Vand 19 3 2 7
SCAR 0 2 2 25
Mizz 2 7 1 3
TAMU 15 4 10 7
Vand 12 7 8 6
UK 7 3 5 11
Aub 1 0 18 25
Ark 7 17 21 10
72 76 81 126

I think it will happen. Teams like Gonzaga, Witchita State, and Butler come out of nowhere and get that far.

You just named 3 prime basketball schools right there. They get top multiple top 100 players each year. That means they always have a lot of top 100 level players on their roster. We get 1 player occasionally. I agree, we should be able to do this but seldom, currently have not done it. The top 100 goes pretty fast!

You just named 3 prime basketball schools right there. They get top multiple top 100 players each year. That means they always have a lot of top 100 level players on their roster. We get 1 player occasionally. I agree, we should be able to do this but seldom, currently have not done it. The top 100 goes pretty fast!

Wichita State usually does not get Top 100 players on a regular basis. Shamet was 88th a few years ago, but other than that, Marshall develops his players. He also recruits Jucos to fit his needs.

Butler hasn't been recruiting as well as they used to either.

I should have said came out of nowhere and got that far. Those 3 weren't all that special not too long ago. At the opposite end, Georgetown and Indiana were consistent top 5 powers while St. John's and DePaul were usually very good as well. TN is cycling up. It needs to continue growing under Barnes and then have a well planned, good transition (for once) to the next feller in charge.

Guard by committee.....

Game Bowden Daniel Bone Turner
LSU 2 17 12 12
Iowa St 7 16 2 20
Vand 19 3 2 7
SCAR 0 2 2 25
Mizz 2 7 1 3
TAMU 15 4 10 7
Vand 12 7 8 6
UK 7 3 5 11
Aub 1 0 18 25
Ark 7 17 21 10
72 76 81 126

YEp.

Compared to teams with "elite" guards I would love to see how that compares

Yea I know that is a hot take thread title but let's really think about.

Do we have the roster to make the final four in the next 2-3 years??

I think the answer is yes. Sure we need some breaks but let's just look at South Carolina a year ago. They had one elite player and I know many of you will say we don't have that top 30 5-star player yet but hell yes we do. His name is Grant Williams.

We have an elite PG in the making in Jordan Bone (damn it Barnes let him play with the game on the line)

And we have extremely good supporting players in Turner and Bowden. Fullerton and walker will develop into mean hard nosed physical inside players giving up a very comparable team to what USCe had a year ago.

Sure it will help to add pieces but I just don't think we have to add a Simmons type player to be taken seriously.

Hot Take prediction: Our Tennessee Vols for the first time in program history will attend the Final Four in the spring of 2020!

Bump

If we get to the final 4 I'll run through friendsville in nothing but a smile.. Lol.. Here's hoping I get the chance to get arrested.

If Tennessee is to make the FF it's gonna be this year...never will they ever have better Chemistry

If Tennessee is to make the FF it's gonna be this year...never will they ever have better Chemistry

What if we have seven 5 stars with great chemistry in 30 years when we have the nick saban of basketball as our coach?

Yup. Same roster, everyone a year older, and swap Daniel for a 4-star guard or solid grad transfer post. Basketball is looking up!

It's going to be so different next year. I could see us being picked to win the league next year even over Kentucky. Either was we will be the hunted

It's going to be so different next year. I could see us being picked to win the league next year even over Kentucky. Either was we will be the hunted

Gonna be really cool. Exciting times.

So exciting that we may even see attendance climb as we see a jump in season ticket sales. :)

Gonna be really cool. Exciting times.

So exciting that we may even see attendance climb as we see a jump in season ticket sales. :)

Season ticket sales will go up but this sellout tomorrow going to help me 😎

Last edited:

Definitely gonna be something different, I’m glad guys are getting experience of being the hunted this year and NCAAT experience as well...should help prepare them for next season.

VN Store

Back