Film Study: Tennessee vs Auburn

No. It was reading comprehension that's an issue for you. I believe UTK has programs for adults that might help.

I'm a UT grad, bub. Say anything you need to distract people from you making the horribly idiotic statement that back shoulder throws can be messy.

Reactions: Vol_0311
I'm a UT grad, bub. Say anything you need to distract people from you making the horribly idiotic statement that back shoulder throws can be messy.
Lol.

I'd suggest then that you take a minute to read what you are typing out loud before posting.

You're right though..back shoulder throws are about as reliable and infallible as JG scrambling for positive yards.

Last edited:
I'm not a JG hater but he must get better at getting rid of the ball while under pressure. I think he needs to learn to throw out of bounds instead of taking the sack. I believe he calls the right protection most of the time but with a struggling OL it's hard to justify.
So easy to say armchair quarterbacking. If you were playing behind a high school caliber line against Georgia and Alabama's NFL ready dlines, you would be hearing footsteps as well my friend. He has shown consistently, when he has had time, and hasn't already had the snot knocked out of him, that he will make consistently good reads and throws. When he makes a couple good throws, and gains confidence in his protection, he can even make ELITE throws.

Peyton Manning ain't gonna do much better with what he is working with. When you don't have time to throw the deep routes, OF COURSE the defense is going to sit on the 5 yard outs and make you look like an idiot time and time again, especially without any threat whatsoever of a running game. He knows the only chance that we have to win, most of the time, is him making a special play. This is what leads to a lot a forced throws into tight coverage.

So easy to say armchair quarterbacking. If you were playing behind a high school caliber line against Georgia and Alabama's NFL ready dlines, you would be hearing footsteps as well my friend. He has shown consistently, when he has had time, and hasn't already had the snot knocked out of him, that he will make consistently good reads and throws. When he makes a couple good throws, and gains confidence in his protection, he can even make ELITE throws.

Peyton Manning ain't gonna do much better with what he is working with. When you don't have time to throw the deep routes, OF COURSE the defense is going to sit on the 5 yard outs and make you look like an idiot time and time again, especially without any threat whatsoever of a running game. He knows the only chance that we have to win, most of the time, is him making a special play. This is what leads to a lot a forced throws into tight coverage.

Wow. Your reading comprehension must be low. All I've said is that he needs to get rid of the ball better and that I believe he makes the right adjustments but with this OL it's hard to see that. You're arguing the same points I've made already in multiple threads. Go ahead, check my post history, I've even made the Peyton w/ this OL argument.

The sole reason we sucked this year can be traced back to the OL.

Back to my original point and that is JG needs to protect himself and negative yardage more by trying to throw it away. Obviously, it's not always possible.

VN Store

Back