Favorite Single Play(s)

No Sir-ee was it for me - tons of great ones listed here and I have been blessed to witness many of them - but that night in 1998 felt like something I’ve never seen before nor since (Bama 22 was durn close) - it was the loudest thing I’ve ever heard. I kissed the smoking hot woman right in front of me right on the lips ….I should have gotten her number…..

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
No they didn't. '87 we were 10-2-1, tied top 5 Aurburn and one game (Boston College when Jeff Francis was hurt) from playing in a nice Florida Bowl. '88 was when the offense did not work for the first 6 games and Majors wanted Coach Donahue to not coach on the field and only be D-coordinator. Coach Donahue said he most enjoyed working with the kids on the field and left.
I don’t understand your rebuttal?

At the 40 second mark and again at the 5:15 mark. Same play different angles.

Do yourself and watch the entire video. Great memories of a different era

Last edited:
One of my favorite plays had me laughing so hard. I’m foggy on the exact details anymore but during the ‘85 season Sugar Bowl, Testaverde was incomplete on a third down pass (let’s call it 3rd and 8) during that stretch where we were sacking him left and right. Miami was flagged for holding on the play. Inexplicably Majors took the penalty and played 3rd down all over again. Well they sacked him like it was a jailbreak. I mean as soon as Testeverde got the snap he started retreating for his life. Ended up being like 4th and 30 when they punted. It was unreal sequence.

One play that’s underrated in my opinion is Shawn Bryson’s 58 yard TD run against Florida in 1998. I was a kid, and I was so excited after that play. It was the first time I had ever seen UT winning against Florida (I didn’t see the ‘95 game). I went nuts, running through the house. Then, when we recovered a fumble on the next drive, i felt like we really could win that game.

Reactions: Voltopia
you said they had figured out his blitzes, that is not what happened. and that Majors let him go, he left because he didn't want to only be defensive co-ordinator and not coach the kids on the field
That is exactly what happened. Coaches figured out how to defend against his defenses so, the gig was up. Also, IIRC, Majors promoted the/an offensive line coach to replace him as DC.

As a side note, those first six losses were actually against teams that ended up being very good that year.

That is exactly what happened. Coaches figured out how to defend against his defenses so, the gig was up. Also, IIRC, Majors promoted the/an offensive line coach to replace him as DC.

As a side note, those first six losses were actually against teams that ended up being very good that year.
Actually he promoted Doug Matthews to DC, he was the running backs coach.

Reactions: #1fulmerite
I have an old VHS tape from 20 years ago that has highlights of past teams. I haven’t watched it in about 10-15 years. On this tape is a play where one of our DB’s closes the gap on a WR and just as he catches it, the DB lights him up! When he does, the WR’s mouth piece and maybe one of the ear pads come flying out. Anyone know the play I’m speaking of?

Powell smoking Blade
Fumble recovery against Arkansas
Travis Stephen’s runs against Bama
Dobnail boot
Eddie Moore laying out Florida receiver
Dale Jones sack/interception against bama
Galbreath pancaking the Miami AA tackle

Streeter TD vs Notre Dame

I'll never forget.................

1709654774996.png

VN Store