Favorite play of 2014?

Just wanted to see what some of Volnation's favorite plays were during the regular season. For myself it would have to be either Josh Smith clearing that Ark St. defender or Barnett spinning USC's qb on the ground.

Edit: To help refresh some people's minds here is a link to a youtube video of the 1st half of the season, it's a really well done video. imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYaam2DMyA

Hurd to TE...Oh, I thought the question was "most far-fetched preseason position change projection."

Yes -- Barnett's sack of Thompson. Just watched that comeback footage earlier today -- Barnett jumped up double-slapping AJ's helmet, b/c AJ actually nudged Barnett into getting that done (kind of getting sad now, thinking of missing AJ these last games).

_qPa7C.gif

It didn't go for a huge gain, but that play made me realize that Dobbs had gained a ton of confidence between 2013 and 2014.

Reactions: 3 people
Just wanted to see what some of Volnation's favorite plays were during the regular season. For myself it would have to be either Josh Smith clearing that Ark St. defender or Barnett spinning USC's qb on the ground.

Edit: To help refresh some people's minds here is a link to a youtube video of the 1st half of the season, it's a really well done video. imo

Vandy coach saying Tennessee to CBJ after beating them again!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

4. Von Pearson lowering his shoulder and laying that boom on the Kentucky DB
3. Dobbs pump faking an Alabama defender out of his cleats
2. The Jalen Hurd Beast Mode run against USC
1. The walk-on to walk-on fake FG against Miz

Reactions: 1 person
The multiple sacks against South Carolina in overtime
That whole defensive series in OT was crucial and had me hyped. Also, pretty much the entire 2nd half of the USCe game did too. I know USCe wasn't as big of a win (upset wise) as last year, but the way we won it was incredible with the heart our players showed.

I'd say my favorite play thus far was Dobbs last second touch down pass to Croom to send the USCe game to OT.

Many favorite plays, especially by the young studs, but right up there was Jason CroomÂ’s 52-yard touchdown reception after he was so maligned by some several weeks before.

Mine was AJ blowing up an airborne Gurley.

_qPa7C.gif

It didn't go for a huge gain, but that play made me realize that Dobbs had gained a ton of confidence between 2013 and 2014.

That play got me hype.

I love the forced fumble on the KO against Utah St and the Randolph Pick 6 against Kentucky because both of those plays opened the floodgates for blowout wins.

_qPa7C.gif

He looked decent against Bama last year too tho. And yes, I get your point. Just saying...

Fake FG vs Mo & punt return vs candy stand out. Plus the entire comeback with 2:00 to go & OT vs USCjr

He looked decent against Bama last year too tho. And yes, I get your point. Just saying...

What stood out to me was how casually he pump fakes and runs right by the defender. If he didn't sell it well, that defender would have decleated him. Dobbs wasn't the least bit concerned about trying to get out of bounds or slide. He knew he could juke that guy and cruise right past him.

VN Store

Back