Favorite Live Bands

First off, GREAT call on Dr. Dog by the OP. Saw them for the second time a month ago and it was unreal good.

These are the best live bands I've ever seen in person:

1. My Morning Jacket - IMO hands down the best live rock act you can see right now. They not only put on an amazing performance, but they play FOREVER. You can really tell these guys love playing for a crowd. They are THE ACT to see at Bonnaroo every year now.

2. Radiohead - What more can you say? Arguably the biggest band on the planet. Their stage set up is fantastic. Their live chops are unbelievable. If you want to feel like you've gotten your money's worth, this is the band to see. They never disappoint.

3. The Avett Brothers - this might be the 21 year old college girl in me (I'm actually a 27 year old dude) but these guys put on a hell of a live show. They leave everything out on the stage ever single show. They write sappy songs but they also have great harmonies and have crafted a unique sound over the years. They are definitely worth the price of admission. Drink a few whiskey drinks before the show and find a nice coed to dance with.

Bands I would love to see live:

Pink Floyd - I got to see them via the interwebs for live 8, but wasn't the same. We will never get to see them reunite in their original lineup (minus Syd Barrett) since Richard Wright's passing.

Daft Punk - say what you will about their music, I've heard their live shows blow other electronic acts completely away.

U2 - Not a huge fan of their music but they do put on a great show.

The Boss - Once again, not a huge fan of his music, but his performances are legendary.

Rage Against the Machine - Rally round your family....you know the rest.

First off, GREAT call on Dr. Dog by the OP. Saw them for the second time a month ago and it was unreal good.

1. My Morning Jacket - IMO hands down the best live rock act you can see right now. They not only put on an amazing performance, but they play FOREVER. You can really tell these guys love playing for a crowd. They are THE ACT to see at Bonnaroo every year now.

Yes! Dr. Dog put on an amazing show. You saw them a month ago? Where was this? I saw them 3 weeks ago in Flagstaff, AZ. They were kicking off their new album. Also was doing the white T-shirt and colored markers thing for the show and got the leader singer of Dr. Dog to sign me. During the performance. It was too cool. I'm pretty sure everyone in that band was rolling just as hard as I was. All of them had the sunglasses on except for the lead singer. You just knew. :lol:

Also would love to see MMJ and/or the Flaming Lips live. I hear they put on amazing shows.

Amon Amarth, Goatwhore, Zombie Bazooka Patrol, Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Yes! Dr. Dog put on an amazing show. You saw them a month ago? Where was this? I saw them 3 weeks ago in Flagstaff, AZ. They were kicking off their new album. Also was doing the white T-shirt and colored markers thing for the show and got the leader singer of Dr. Dog to sign me. During the performance. It was too cool. I'm pretty sure everyone in that band was rolling just as hard as I was. All of them had the sunglasses on except for the lead singer. You just knew. :lol:

Also would love to see MMJ and/or the Flaming Lips live. I hear they put on amazing shows.

I saw them in Pontiac Michigan. I saw them a few years ago in New York but this was 10x better. Flaming Lips are pretty awesome too.

I like the Deftones, I really do but you guys are nuts...they were terrible live...not the band so much as Chino, it sounded like someone was kicking him in the throat.

jupiter coyote, drivin n cryin, yonder mountain string band, garth brooks, chris ledoux, marc broussard

I like the Deftones, I really do but you guys are nuts...they were terrible live...not the band so much as Chino, it sounded like someone was kicking him in the throat.

this.

somehow I missed the mentions previously about this horrible live band.

Tool is pretty amazing live. Seen them 5 times and the show gets better every time.

I was drug to a Ben Harper at the tabernacle in atlanta and was pretty surprised how good it was. I left a fan.

Most of my favorites (Floyd and Zeppelin) stooped touring while I was too young to attend or are dead (Sublime and Blind Melon). I actually saw Blind Melon with their new lead singer but its not the same. As far as cover bands go there's a Sublime cover band called Bad Fish that is amazing, Floyd cover band The Machine, and Zeppelin cover band Zoso who all put on quality shows.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tool is pretty amazing live. Seen them 5 times and the show gets better every time.

I was drug to a Ben Harper at the tabernacle in atlanta and was pretty surprised how good it was. I left a fan.

Most of my favorites (Floyd and Zeppelin) stooped touring while I was too young to attend or are dead (Sublime and Blind Melon). I actually saw Blind Melon with their new lead singer but its not the same. As far as cover bands go there's a Sublime cover band called Bad Fish that is amazing, Floyd cover band The Machine, and Zeppelin cover band Zoso who all put on quality shows.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Crazy bump, but... Saw the Zep cover band Zoso tonight. The bassist was insane. Definitely would do Jones proud. The guitarist was technically sound, mimicked Paige very well. The singer did a great job hitting the high notes and had eerily similar mannerisms to Plant. But the drummer. Houses of the Holy crap. He might not have been as clean as Bonham, but he was legit. Hard hitter, very artistic. And he played the FULL version of Moby and was AMAZING. Goosebumps.

They weren't the best I've ever scene, but, but John Cougar Mellencamp and his guys sounded awesome. The mix was perfect and they were dynamic..... at times the music would jump out and slap you in the face

Motley Crue on the Girls,Girls,Girls tour was pretty cool....

Nine Inch Nails was wild.....

The Grateful Dead
Bob Dylan
The Who
Prince
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Roger Waters
Echo & The Bunnymen
Neil Young
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
John Prine
NRBQ
Tool
Jane's Addiction
Rage Against the Machine
Blues Traveller

Are we just throwing out names of bands we like, or bands that we’ve actually watched in person?

Are we just throwing out names of bands we like, or bands that we’ve actually watched in person?

I’d assume bands you’ve seen live. I just knew many years ago I’d seen someone mention the Zep cover band Zoso, so I searched for it to comment.

Carbon Leaf is great live. Carter Gravett is a very talented guitarist/musician in general.

VN Store

Back