Favorite Excuse for Dooley?

I take it you was one of the Doolites that thought he had this program moving in the right direction and deserved another year ?

lol...I don't think any such person exists. My point is that I can't take any satisfaction when the price for having been right is 3 losing seasons. I don't see 3 losing seasons as any sort of vindication or reason to gloat. I just see it as 3 seasons of misery. We have a new coach now. It's a new day. Leave the past in the past, where it belongs.

Just one Vol's opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
lol...I don't think any such person exists. My point is that I can't take any satisfaction when the price for having been right is 3 losing seasons. I don't see 3 losing seasons as any sort of vindication or reason to gloat. I just see it as 3 seasons of misery. We have a new coach now. It's a new day. Leave the past in the past, where it belongs.

Just one Vol's opinion.

Two.

Reactions: 1 person
Okay, so it's the dead period. The coaches have been hired and not alot is going on at the moment, so I thought we might have some fun looking back a past silliness.

In the past year, we saw alot of excuses from the Doolovers as to why their idol couldn't win. What was your favorite?

I'm going with the guy who claimed that Tyler Bray was throwing games so he could get Gruden. A close second is probably the poster that argued our program is historically the same as South Carolina.

What excuses still make you chuckle?

I get a sneering chuckle from Vols fans who latch onto things Kiffin and Dooley with bulldog tenacity. Completely gear stuck in malice mode, unable to let go and move on. Makes me chuckle in great sadness at the pettiness infecting Vol fandom.

I'd rather hear about CBJ making efforts to get CP to stay one more year. Or getting some 4 and 5 star recruits excited about the Butch baby's presence here and coming to the UT as a result. Or the S&C coach having the players hitting the gym with rabid enthusiasm. Anything except bashing players and coaches no longer at the UT. No wonder ESPN and everyone else is laughing at us.

Why would you want to talk about Dooley? Do you like to sit around and talk about your ex's as well? I'll pass.

Just one Vol's opinion.

If you take this thread as gloating, then I'm very sorry for you. I derive no pleasure from being right about the Dooley hire.

The idea of this thread is to laugh at some of this stupidity exemplified in the past on this board and (just maybe) prevent seeing some of the same dumb excuses in the future. The latter is probably too much wishful thinking.

If you take this thread as gloating, then I'm very sorry for you. I derive no pleasure from being right about the Dooley hire.

The idea of this thread is to laugh at some of this stupidity exemplified in the past on this board and (just maybe) prevent seeing some of the same dumb excuses in the future. The latter is probably too much wishful thinking.

If you say so, brother. But if you really want to make a difference, I would suggest some sort of charity work in your community. Cuz this $#@+ just looks like gloating.

Reactions: 3 people
Why would people who want to move on open and even post in the thread?

Haven't you moved on?

As i have said before, it's every Tennessee fan's god given right to berate dooley for the length of time they are berated about the kentucky and vandy losses.

When Tennessee fans stop catching hell for that, then dooley can stop catching hell

Reactions: 4 people

I understand this, and in hindsight, I find some of the repetitive excuses amusing.

"microcosm"
"not a very good team right now"
"bamboo growing"
"too young"
"takes time"

:lolabove: :loco:

Ok then, how many years would our program be set back by keeping Doolz?

I can't imagine 1 person thinking that keeping him was the right thing to do. 3 years of bumbling, stumbling and fumbling is plenty enough to paint a picture of the future.

I was being sarcastic sir. See the title of this thread

Dooley still looks like a giant compared to the little people who continue to mock him. He was certainly smarter and had a ton more class than many of our posters. If you're happy he is gone that's fine but the less you reveal about your personal feelings, the more respect you will receive from others.

Reactions: 4 people
Dooley still looks like a giant compared to the little people who continue to mock him. He was certainly smarter and had a ton more class than many of our posters. If you're happy he is gone that's fine but the less you reveal about your personal feelings, the more respect you will receive from others.

I used to believe that Dooley had class as well but the more you hear about the things he did behind the scenes, the more I realize that he was a smartass. He also seemed to believe that he was better than everyone else. My neighbor met him back before he was a coach. He told me (back when we first hired him) that he was a dick. My neighbor said that he actually punched Dooley in the face cuz their argument got so heated. I didn't believe him at first but his wife and friends swear to me it's true. So Dooley can take a punch!

VN Store

Back