Fall of the Confederate Wall - Confederate Symbols Debate (Merged)

Unless you are one of our "Wilsonian overlords," then it wasn't a direct reference to you. Your fault is in believing without question those with a political animosity against the flyover country in general and the Southeast in particular.

What annoys me is that you bought it hook, line, and sinker, accepting the line as if it served as some confirmation of your own feelings regarding your native region.

You didn't look any further; you simply ran with the mythology of a mooching South feeding off the productivity of the nation. In a thread about the Confederate Battle Flag, you referred to Southern mooching three separate times. When referenced against actual welfare programs, as researched by the Center for Immigration Studies, the assertion simply doesn't hold up.

You may claim otherwise. But within your earlier posts there exists an intense amount of cultural self-loathing. After reading your last post from yesterday, I had an image of someone who is so desperate to fit in that he hides his background and tries to pass himself off as just another good old NOCAL leftist. He hides his accent, his culture, and nods his head in acceptance as his friends talk about his home as if it were populated by rednecks with sisters for spouses and lifetime memberships in the KKK. No doubt he hides any display referencing his diploma from the University of Tennessee. That just wouldn't impress his neighbors. Must not look like one of them. Must not talk like one of them. Must not display any evidence that you are one of them. You generally came off as a cultural Dolezal.

Two points to consider...

You don't have to be a flag-waving SCV member to believe people in the antebellum South had different reasons for choosing to secede. What motivates Jefferson Davis to secede is not what drives Patrick Cleburne or the farmer in the Alabama Wiregrass. What drives Ernest Hollings or Lester Maddux to put a rebel flag on state grounds is not the same reason John Doe from the South places one on the grave of his Great-Great Grandfather. One should be allowed to remember their ancestors in the way they please without the left moving heaven and earth to deny them that right.

The attempt by the left to project the values and beliefs of the CSA's political leadership upon modern conservatives in this region demonstrates the real purpose behind the drive for censorship. This isn't so much about the need to recognize the history of the Confederacy as it is the need to broad-brush and demonize those who disagree with your President and his actions in the here and now.

I'm an East Tennessean with a near 100% Unionist heritage. I'm not going to purchase CSA anything at any point in my life. But I share a culture with those whose ancestors were on the other side of the conflict and it is my belief that they should have the absolute right to remember their ancestors as they see fit regardless of where memorials or grave markers are to be found. They should have full access to purchase symbols and products aiding in that remembrance of their past.

The problem I have with regard to the main topic of this thread is that the politicians you tend to support do not share that belief. It is not enough to pull down a Confederate Battle Flag whose main purpose at a state building was to protest the advance of Civil Rights for Black Southerners. The Executive and his political party also want to deny access to others who have far different reasons for flying a battle flag.

You're one weird son of a *****, Buckingham. Very weird.

I left this site for the weekend intentionally, because I was a) tired of uninformed ignaramuses telling me how I should think; and, b) realized I had become a problem for many posters and didn't want to aggravate things further.

But reading your post and Grand God Vol's further, I realize, that I'm actually not the problem. You all are. You're self-righteous little buttheads that think the world ought to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Why you keep associating me with liberal *******s that have more in common with you all than me, I do not know, but, as you would say, "God bless you."

You have clearly demonstrated you have no idea what the heck is going on. You just post when you feel "good."

It's clear that my counter to your post that was supposed to refute me had quite an effect.

You're struggling, just like all the other goobers on this site. Face it. We're Americans now. Get over your seccessionist ways. The Civil War is over.

You've been electing piss poor candidates these past few years, and it tears you apart that Obama is actually doing things that favor the country instead of weakening it.

I'm tired. You're kind is no longer welcome. Go wage war in the sand lots at the middle school near your house. You're ignorant butts are not welcome here anymore, little boy.

(And of course I await astute commentary from key political actors on this board about how dumb I am, etc.)

Reactions: 1 person

I left this site for the weekend intentionally, because I was a) tired of uninformed ignaramuses telling me how I should think; and, b) realized I had become a problem for many posters and didn't want to aggravate things further.

But reading your post and Grand God Vol's further, I realize, that I'm actually not the problem. You all are. You're self-righteous little buttheads that think the world ought to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Why you keep associating me with liberal *******s that have more in common with you all than me, I do not know, but, as you would say, "God bless you."

You have clearly demonstrated you have no idea what the heck is going on. You just post when you feel "good."

It's clear that my counter to your post that was supposed to refute me had quite an effect.

You're struggling, just like all the other goobers on this site. Face it. We're Americans now. Get over your seccessionist ways. The Civil War is over.

You've been electing piss poor candidates these past few years, and it tears you apart that Obama is actually doing things that favor the country instead of weakening it.

I'm tired. You're kind is no longer welcome. Go wage war in the sand lots at the middle school near your house. You're ignorant butts are not welcome here anymore, little boy.

(And of course I await astute commentary from key political actors on this board about how dumb I am, etc.)

Most *****y post I've ever seen......your little emotional outbursts are embarrassing

Reactions: 2 people

e373a2e1ed594ab710814c0293fa97ce-looks-like-someones-got-a-case-of-the-mondays.gif

Most *****y post I've ever seen......your little emotional outbursts are embarrassing

You probably think Iran is about to bomb us too, don't you.

I'm tired of you buttheads ruling the roost around here. I'm tired of the hate. Get over yourself. Get rational. Think for yourself, once in your life, and be realistic. Stop being a dick.

But yeah, just use your political expedience on here to make fun of me.

Even Charlie Brown, who could never kick the football, thinks you're an uninformed *******.

I'm tired of you buttheads ruling the roost around here. I'm tired of the hate. Get over yourself. Get rational. Think for yourself, once in your life, and be realistic. Stop being a dick.

Even Charlie Brown, who could never kick the football, thinks you're an uninformed *******.

You are essentially entering a bee's nest and saying, "Hey! What's all this honey doing around here?!?"

You are essentially entering a bee's nest and saying, "Hey! What's all this honey doing around here?!?"

Believe me, I know.

I care too much about this country, and the direction it has been going in the past two decades to not say something.

I have to speak. You spread the word, and I will too. Numbers are needed now, more than ever.

I'm not going to see this country sunk by corporate, entitlement, foreign, or other, interests.

I'll die before I see that. Best death I could ever ask for.

My goodness man..... Are you as mentally and emotionally unstable as you appear to be or are you just a big 'ole poon?..... Or ..... Both?

My goodness man..... Are you as mentally and emotionally unstable as you appear to be or are you just a big 'ole poon?..... Or ..... Both?

Simplistic unwarranted ad hominems work here, but they don't work in the real world.

Stop acting like an Iranian cleric and start acting like a real state agent.

Believe me, I know.

I care too much about this country, and the direction it has been going in the past two decades to not say something.

I have to speak. You spread the word, and I will too. Numbers are needed now, more than ever.

I'm not going to see this country sunk by corporate, entitlement, foreign, or other, interests.

I'll die before I see that. Best death I could ever ask for.

Despite your personal beliefs, I hope and pray you get some peace. You seem very troubled today, and I'm not being smart.

Simplistic unwarranted ad hominems work here, but they don't work in the real world.

Stop acting like an Iranian cleric and start acting like a real state agent.

Unwarranted?...... You've been posting like some out of control raging hormonal 13 year old girl that just broke up with her boyfriend for the last month or so. Everyone else in this forum can debate topics without stomping their feet and throwing tantrums except you ..... Ad hominems included. .....

Reactions: 3 people
Unwarranted?...... You've been posting like some out of control raging hormonal 13 year old girl that just broke up with her boyfriend for the last month or so. Everyone else in this forum can debate topics without stomping their feet and throwing tantrums except you ..... Ad hominems included. .....

Eh, I like to fancy myself as Kevin Costner's character in "Dances With Wolves," the scene early on where he rides between the two armies, his hands outstretched.

In other words, no matter how stupid I make myself look, someone has to do it. I don't mind it, if it means my country.

Eh, I like to fancy myself as Kevin Costner's character in "Dances With Wolves," the scene early on where he rides between the two armies, his hands outstretched.

In other words, no matter how stupid I make myself look, someone has to do it. I don't mind it, if it means my country.

Didn't Kevin Costner betray his country in favor of the Indians at the end of that movie?

Depends on the definition of who's country really.

True. But if Costner had been successful, the Indians may have prevailed and the Union would have been forever weakened. I just didn't think the analogy worked for his personality the last couple of days.

I'm thinking maybe Billy Bob Thornton's drunken depiction of Davey Crockett, fighting off Santa Anna's hoard in the Alamo would have been more appropriate.

Last edited:
Didn't Kevin Costner betray his country in favor of the Indians at the end of that movie?

This is a good question.

Honestly, I hadn't even thought about it.

However, I think that he is anticipating a wider definition of the country through all his crazy ass horse antics.

He's figuring out what is good for the country and what is bad. Admittedly, it's his own definition, but it is highly informed nonetheless.

Yeah he was crazy as an outhouse rat too......

VN Store

Back