Fall Guy - a must see

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Ok, just took my 12yo to see this. Has a very Free Guy feel to it. I dont do movie reviews or even go to see movies much any more but this one was definitely worth going to see on the big screen. Not deep or profound but just great entertainment.

Tons of 80s easter eggs, lots of funny quips you have to be very fast or you miss. Jaw dropping stunts. Awesome soundtrack.

Great for those of us who remember the original TV show back in the day (completely different story in this movie but still)

1714929866089.png

Ok, just took my 12yo to see this. Has a very Free Guy feel to it. I dont do movie reviews or even go to see movies much any more but this one was definitely worth going to see on the big screen. Not deep or profound but just great entertainment.

Tons of 80s easter eggs, lots of funny quips you have to be very fast or you miss. Jaw dropping stunts. Awesome soundtrack.

Great for those of us who remember the original TV show back in the day (completely different story in this movie but still)

View attachment 638858

I've been let down by every action movie that's been made of the 70's & 80's shows that I loved growing up. Colt Seavers should have been played by an older actor than Ryan Gosling.

Every one of them were turned into bs comedy films that were basically spoofs of the shows they were based on.

Dukes of Hazzard
Starsky and Hutch
The A-Team
Chips
Baywatch

I may have missed one but give me the original series to these films anyday.

I've been let down by every action movie that's been made of the 70's & 80's shows that I loved growing up. Colt Seavers should have been played by an older actor than Ryan Gosling.

Every one of them were turned into bs comedy films that were basically spoofs of the shows they were based on.

Dukes of Hazzard
Starsky and Hutch
The A-Team
Chips
Baywatch

That movie was a million x better than the show.

I haven't seen the Chips movie but the show was unwatchable.

Dukes of Hazzard
Starsky and Hutch
The A-Team
Chips
Baywatch

You simply cant make the same show again. I loved many of these shows as a kid but with the infinite things to watch these days, I would not chose them if they were available. They were silly and corny then too but I was a kid and couldnt see that.

You can never see things the same way as you did the first time. I am glad they took some fun things about the show and made something new that is a fun, entertaining movie - more along the line of a pg deadpool type with lots of winks to many different things from the era.

I thought Cobra Kai was great - and I am so glad they did not simply rehash a plot from the original. Meanwhile Fall, Guy was a genuine homage to the show and to the stunt community that the original spoke of. It revered the original but did not try to make some cheap copy of it. I think thats why those others failed.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time."

VN Store

Back