Fall Camp Suprises

Offense: any offensive lineman.
Defense: Dillon bates. Would like to see him take MLB with authority. If not him... Kirkland

Last edited:
Stephen Griffin is going to be a killer on special teams.
Darrin Kirkland will start against Florida.
Tuttle and McKenzie will play like upper classmen.

I'm just excited, the season cant get here fast enough.

Reactions: 1 person
Micah abernathy is my pick, im more excited about him than anyone else on the freshman roster. I think in a year or two, he will be a special player!

Freshmen: Shy Tuttle shows he can be counted on

My favorite part about Shy and Jack Jones is that they are not even the best(or highest ranked at least) at their position in their class. And they both look like they are going to be good from early glimpses. Lol I know that is kind of negative to them but I am excited about Tuttle, Jones, Richmond, and McKenzie.

My favorite part about Shy and Jack Jones is that they are not even the best(or highest ranked at least) at their position in their class. And they both look like they are going to be good from early glimpses. Lol I know that is kind of negative to them but I am excited about Tuttle, Jones, Richmond, and McKenzie.

gonna be a little while for richmond. Dude is weak physically. Hall may get on the field somewhere before him.

im excited to see RDA, the new running backs, Vincent Perry, darrell taylor, austin smith, phillips, kmac and DKjr. Will be nice to see kyle phillips out there too.

Last edited:
Has there been enough surprises the past few weeks in Knoxville? Indeed!
From here on out: Nothing but Good News, please.
Go Vol's

Sucks. We recruited like 4 O-line plus Hall I just hope one of them can step up if Kerbyson/Kendrick can't get it done.

GBO

why does it suck? if someone else is more ready then thats who i rather go with. Stars dont mean a thing when you get into the program.

I don't know. Just kind of nice to see what the new guys got in him and with strength issues we might not see him for a while. I had read that on here a couple of places that he would need weight room time. Agree with the Stars thing somewhat.

I just hope everyone stays healthy and out of trouble.

For the first part, this is why quality depth is recruited. Injuries always happen, but we can always hope there are none that end seasons or careers.

As to the second part, that need to be an expectation the entire team embraces. Sadly, it seems there are always a few who can't get their heads around that concept. We can hope, though.

Joe Young and John Kelly.
Kelly 5'10" 205 lbs 4.4
Young 6'0" 200 lbs 4.4

I expect after fall camp and then beating Bowling Green our current perception of RB depth will change. Both will play in that game and at least in the first 4 games and they will show us why Butch recruited them despite lack of stars.

Look for these two to make a good impression midway through camp.

I think Smith will blow up. He started out hot last year but that nagging injury kept him out but he should be back into form.

I agree, Creamer could surprise us. If we start running more down hill, we would probably use two TE sets right? Even if we don't, jumbo package goalline with a PA bootleg pass to Creamer sounds like a nice play!

VN Store

Back