Expectations at Tennessee and at Florida

Didnt read most of this but yes the expectations between Florida and Tennessee are in two different hemispheres right now. We just want a decent bowl game.

Dooley does know the expectations at UT. He knows the heat is on him & he's working like heck to bring this team back to the top as quickly as possible. But this program was left in dire straights, with LK bolting for USCw 2 weeks before NSD & having to scramble to find a HC in 48 hrs to keep recruits from disbanding their commits. It was really all bad timing for that to happen. I don't think the fans really knew that the UT football program would take 5 years to regain strength & some respect from other SEC teams like FL,GA,AL. But Dooley knows for real the expectations for getting us back and knows that he will see that door if he fails in that mission of success. I think you are rubbing it in with that last paragraph you posted to be honest. You don't need to remind us of your 3 NC trophies of what FL coaches are expected to do. We have tradition here at UT & that is winning the SEC East every year but know the reality when things go in cycles. Your program was well stocked with 4 & 5 star players when CUM stepped down. All Muschamp had to do is keep those players & coach'em up for each game they play.

When your post amounts to nothing but a personal attack, I must ask you one question that I hate to even type. You mad, bro? The real answer is that your mom told me to say that.

BTW, if you talk to my mom again, tell her I miss her dearly and wish she were here for me tell her I love her one last time. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
It may be hard for Dooley to get on the kids much at all when they screew up. I mean would that not be like a 350lb overweight guy in the buffet line telling someone to ease up on the fried chicken, it's bad for you? If your a career losing coach, respect and willingness to listen to advice from those around you may not be the easiest thing to get.

Your mother was a hampster and your father smells of elderberries

Now go away, before we taunt you again....you silly gators

images

Last edited:
Didnt read most of this but yes the expectations between Florida and Tennessee are in two different hemispheres right now. We just want a decent bowl game.

I think the expectations are the same. Our ability to meet those expectations is what is off.

bcarter,

I understand you just finished the Monty Python qoute. Hats off to you for the catch. I just didn't want you to believe it was directed towards you.

I just find it ridiculous for anyone to fall for this false concern. As if this fanbase isn't divided and volatile enough.

I know several have been discussing Dooley, fire or not fire, and the expectations that should be expected at Tennessee. You assume Dooley would know the expectations going in, but sometimes a more stern message needs to be delivered by the powers to be that mediocrity isn't going to cut it.

Muschamp mentioned that this was his welcome to the University of Florida the first day he came to work as head coach.

“When I walked into my office [the first day] there were only three things left in a very barren office and that was three national championship trophies. I think our athletic director left them here on purpose to make sure I understood the expectation level. [...] I walked in – his office is right down from mine. I said, ‘Jeremy (Foley, Florida Athletic Director), I’m assuming these were left here on purpose.’ He said, ‘That’s what we expect.’ I said, ‘I got you.’”

Dumb.

Reactions: 3 people
a UF circle jerk thread? Count me out

If a mod uses 'Circle Jerk' in a post, how can we the 'non-mods' be expected to maintain some modicum of personal decorum?

I believe you are the same mod that warned me a while back for something far less vulgar. I think I shall report you to el Freak.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Problem is many in the UT AD after Hart cleaned house apparently have accepted mediocrity, and are using the same talking points as in the election going on right now about "what he inherited" then a Florida team that is supposed to be "down" spanks our ass, we had to regroup to beat Akron, almost got lucky at Ga, and now enter a grueling 3 games that we will be lucky to win 1 of.

It is apparent expectations were not outlined to him the same way they were Muschamp......but then again your "down" team filled with freshmen and underclassmen are undefeated ranked #4 and we are 0-11 vs ranked teams in Dooleys tenure. If the expectations were that low, I hope they didnt tell him. Maybe they left a Peach Bowl trophy there to remind him what they expect, or a Music City Bowl trophy.

I wouldnt let him handle our NC trophy, he might break it.

UF has 3 SO starting on Offense and 2 on Defense. I wouldn't say they are a "DOWN" team. Also they have 3 SR and 5 JR on Offense and 4 SR and 5 JR on Defense. Call it what you want, but "DOWN" isn't the correct term to describe UF.

It may be hard for Dooley to get on the kids much at all when they screew up. I mean would that not be like a 350lb overweight guy in the buffet line telling someone to ease up on the fried chicken, it's bad for you? If your a career losing coach, respect and willingness to listen to advice from those around you may not be the easiest thing to get.

If you're trying to show us how out of touch with reality you are, you're doing a reallyn good job. Amazingly stupid post. And NO it's not like the 350lb guy telling others to ease up on the fried chicke. Nothing like it.

But please keep these amazingly stupid posts coming. It is important for everyone in the world to see how many in our fanbase have set new highs on ignorance

For some reason, I feel like I have a stalker.

Seriously though, I doubt I am going to change my opinions or change my view of our career losing coach so you can sleep better at night. :hi:

If a mod uses 'Circle Jerk' in a post, how can we the 'non-mods' be expected to maintain some modicum of personal decorum?

I believe you are the same mod that warned me a while back for something far less vulgar. I think I shall report you to el Freak.

Let's not be snitching...mods are people too...they just put their pants on differently.

PJ is an outstanding mod...definitely in the Top-25 on the board...he makes me toe the line.

Last edited:
lame thread ... gators and negas patting each other on the back.

Ya'll are really naive enough to think Dooley doesn't know the expectations? I've heard Hart on multiple occasions discuss expectations in press conferences, and ya'll really think he doesn't even have the same conversation with Dooley?

lame thread ... gators and negas patting each other on the back.

Ya'll are really naive enough to think Dooley doesn't know the expectations? I've heard Hart on multiple occasions discuss expectations in press conferences, and ya'll really think he doesn't even have the same conversation with Dooley?

I know....how silly.

Like Derek is sitting there right now....."You want me to win games?" Well, I didn't understand that little detail.

Let's not be snitching...mods are people too...they just put their pants on differently.

PJ is good people...he makes me toe the line.

I'm no snitch. Just find the irony thick. What good does it do anyway? Run and tell the teacher? This board should be no holds barred. You got something to say, let it fly. At least we'd know where people stand without all the $! and * signs that are substituted for letters in the real words they want to use.

PJ- for the record I don't give a single, solitary s#!t about what you said. Just thought it was funny. I hope I don't get in trouble. Thanks Jackson for the reality check! :)

For some reason, I feel like I have a stalker.

Seriously though, I doubt I am going to change my opinions or change my view of our career losing coach so you can sleep better at night. :hi:

Why would anyone lose sleep over some idiot's opinion of our coach? It's not like Dooley got a talented and depth laden team handed to him a silver platter like Fulmer. He got the worst possible situation you could face as a coach at a big time University. How does it make you feel that Dooley, with a career losing record at a mid-major, can get better jobs than Fulmer. That's the truth too. Fulmer got passed over at Kansas for Charley Weis. Another fact.

Nice day! :birgits_giggle:

I'm no snitch. Just find the irony thick. What good does it do anyway? Run and tell the teacher? This board should be no holds barred. You got something to say, let it fly. At least we'd know where people stand without all the $! and * signs that are substituted for letters in the real words they want to use.

PJ- for the record I don't give a single, solitary s#!t about what you said. Just thought it was funny. I hope I don't get in trouble. Thanks Jackson for the reality check! :)

Yeah, I kind of felt the same way. Then I read Freak's comments that there are children reading the board. So I am trying to clean up my act

we played for the national title of the south in 97,98,01,04,07

last good bowl game was 09

not like its been decades since we were competitive

I know several have been discussing Dooley, fire or not fire, and the expectations that should be expected at Tennessee. You assume Dooley would know the expectations going in, but sometimes a more stern message needs to be delivered by the powers to be that mediocrity isn't going to cut it.

Muschamp mentioned that this was his welcome to the University of Florida the first day he came to work as head coach.

“When I walked into my office [the first day] there were only three things left in a very barren office and that was three national championship trophies. I think our athletic director left them here on purpose to make sure I understood the expectation level. [...] I walked in – his office is right down from mine. I said, ‘Jeremy (Foley, Florida Athletic Director), I’m assuming these were left here on purpose.’ He said, ‘That’s what we expect.’ I said, ‘I got you.’”

Ive seen some ridiculous threads in my time while on Volnation, hell ive probably even created some of them, but this absolutely takes the cake. To think for one minute that he doesnt know/ understand what is expected of him at UT is just plain unexplainable. While your at it make sure someone tells him how to inhale and exhale.

If I knew how to post one of those "fail dozers" this would definately be the time and place for it.

Last edited:
Ive seen some ridiculous threads in my time while on Volnation, hell ive probably even created some of them, but this absolutely takes the cake. To think for one minute that he doesnt know/ understand what is expected of him at UT is just plain unexplainable.

If I knew how to post one of those "fail dozers" this would definately be the time and place for it.

Beep Beep!!!

images

VN Store

Back