Everybody chant SEC SEC SEC SEC

I’m not an SEC homer per se but I understand why some are. That being said, if UT were one of the schools playing for the Natty, we as a fan base would rubb the “SEC is king” smack talk in errbody’s face and it’d be pure bliss.
The thing is when it’s your school you smack talk your school......but in the SEC it’s a whole nother layer of smack talk because you add that SEC superiority to it. Kick in the nutts then a face slap for good measure.

You don't say s*** when your school went 4-8. You shut the f*** up and let the big boys do the talking.

Does anyone think Michigan fans are cheering on Ohio St and yelling BIG 10! BIG 10! when the Buckeyes are in the playoffs? I didn’t think so

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Meh.

Overblown IMO. Both had done "well" helping get their teams to the playoff. Another game or 2 is not gonna suddenly start flipping recruits across the country. Bama and UGA are getting the pub.
Most that are down with them finishing their seasons are fine with it because thats what they chose to do.

Had they decided to leave and stay here after the early SD, that would have been fine too Im sure.

much ado

Imagine the 98 team without Al Wilson. Or Billy Ratliff. The players I am talking about might be the difference maker that takes you from being competitive to being a champion. I don't know, maybe it was seeing UCF come from nothing to being undefeated. But anything that can make one more good player want to be here seems worth getting on board for.Sure, the publicity isn't ours now, but next season? Somebody on the networks will be talking about where those two coaches were nine months earlier. High school star players will be reminded of that. Overblown, Beecher? Far from it.

Chanting SEC while we are 0-8 in SEC play is ridiculous. Screw conference pride.

The rest of the sec teams enjoyed our suffering. So I'm to cheer for those that kicked us when we were down? When we get back up, I hope that we have the mentality to be at war with every other sec team.

I sure remember the recruits flocking to Knoxville to see Sunseri's championship rings from Alabama.

How about you guys?

Reactions: 2 people
You are allowed to chant SEC when your team participates actively in making the SEC look good. We offered nothing this year aside from a fluky win against GT

Tennessee received $32.6 million last year from the SEC. which in turn helps out the university. Why all the hate for SEC?

Reactions: 5 people
I don't know, maybe part of it goes back to when I was in school and I would go to the Tennessee games on Saturday and then watch other games on TV with higher ranked teams and I just did not see a better team on TV and it was due to sports writers, who for the most part came from schools in the Northeast and Midwest that had the majority of the votes and skewed the poll results.

I always felt that the Southern schools got shafted in the polls and I enjoy watching the Southern schools dominate now like they did then, exceot now get recognized for it.

Call it a chip on my shoulder if you want, but it was just that way that I remember feeling and I am talking about the 70's & 80's.

I will always not only pull for an SEC school, but any Southern college (Clemson, FSU ect) to beat a Big 10 or PAC 12 school.

This!

It takes a little perspective.

I'm def not a sec homer especially when we are irrelevant. That being said, I've struggled with my inherent hate of Bama and decided this will be the only time ive ever rooted for them...over UGA. We already have one ultra power in Bama...don't need another with UGA. They certainly have the talent but they are losing their two rb's which was prominent factor in their season. Plus if Bama winning gives Pruitt leverage on some top shelf recruits, then I'm making a one time exception to be for Bama. My apologies in advance.

I'll leave it up to the gumps and dogs to root for their own team.

After the NC game will the losing team's fans join in on the SEC cheer?

Damn yall some stubborn, petty children. Here's a scenario: if the league is strong from top to bottom and the top of the league is beating everyone from the top of other conferences, then when ut gets rolling we will be in playoff no problem instead of being in, say the big 10 this year where their conference champ didn't even get invited to the playoff. Gotta beat the best to be the best. UTs rivals having success means the respect will be there when another (Vols) sec team goes to the top of the conference. I really don't understand how this flies over all yalls heads..

Yeah that killed Bama's chances of getting in the playoff this year coming off a loss to Clemson and the conference being mediocre to bad last year (outside) of them.

OSU didn't get in because they got thumped by 30 to a 8-5 (4-5) Iowa team.

What Alabama or Georgia does after UT goes 4-8 is irrelevant to that year or the next year. If you don't beat them your not winning anything.

Tennessee received $32.6 million last year from the SEC. which in turn helps out the university. Why all the hate for SEC?

EXACTLY !!! All these posters who don't understand that a rising tide floats all boats are MORONS !!!

Do they think that Tennessee would be receiving all this money if our conference sucked? Do they think ESPN would have paid zillions of dollars to televise the SEC if we sucked? These idiots are just STUPID homers who can't think past their peckers!!! :banghead2:

Reactions: 5 people
Imagine the 98 team without Al Wilson. Or Billy Ratliff. The players I am talking about might be the difference maker that takes you from being competitive to being a champion. I don't know, maybe it was seeing UCF come from nothing to being undefeated. But anything that can make one more good player want to be here seems worth getting on board for.Sure, the publicity isn't ours now, but next season? Somebody on the networks will be talking about where those two coaches were nine months earlier. High school star players will be reminded of that. Overblown, Beecher? Far from it.

For me, it's not necessarily SEC hate. It's Bama and UGA hate.

If it were TX A&M...Auburn...LSU...or some other team we didn't face every single year it would be a lot more palatable.

I don't really see the SEC going the way of UCF and having a 13-0 TN getting shut out of the playoffs any time soon like some posters are saying.

I don't really think Bama or GA needs UT support at this point. They seem to be doing OK without Vol Nation cheering them on just fine.

You re making the assumption it flips some recruit that you didn't already have a chance at. I'm not. The rest of that idea is a faux argument, no one is saying you don't need great talent.

Does UT lose ground with a recruit if Bama and UGA loses by 2 tds last nite?

So next season when Greg McElroy mentions that Pruitt was DC at Bama and is now the HC at UT that means...?

Pruitt took a job where you can get talent, not different than the last guy here. Both have and will get players here. If Pruitt finds the success that Jones didn't he'll get more going forward. If he don't he'll flame out and no one will be mentioning his Bama days around here.

EXACTLY !!! All these posters who don't understand that a rising tide floats all boats are MORONS !!!

Do they think that Tennessee would be receiving all this money if our conference sucked? Do they think ESPN would have paid zillions of dollars to televise the SEC if we sucked? These idiots are just STUPID homers who can't think past their peckers!!! :banghead2:

Well, at least we re making money.

Should we change conferences or ask for the tv deal from 20 years ago?

Worth a thought

Conference don't mean jack to me.

GBO.

Really? So you would be just as happy in the AAC? UT would probably dominate and then you could spend your time *****ing about why that 12-0 record against an AAC schedule maxed out at #10 in the rankings...UCF would be more than happy to swap with UT since "Conference dont mean jack" I suspect...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The only thing I chant is Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee and Tennessee. The rest of the teams can lose every game they play.

I want SEC teams to lose --- but only to UT and other SEC teams.

I want sec teams to lose...to Tennessee and eberyone else they play. I would actually like to see Alabama go winless in every collegiate sport, academic competition and anything else they do.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back