Even More Obamacare Follies

Incorrect.

Its an assumption, used for illustration purposes, only. It is not a prediction or requirement, which is the way it is falsely being characterized here.

so you believe the federal govt agency just pulled out a mythical number that has no basis in reality simply to create a bunch of examples? Examples that only work because of that very number?

Incorrect.

Its an assumption, used for illustration purposes, only. It is not a prediction or requirement, which is the way it is falsely being characterized here.

20K is not far off the mark. Right now our family plan (employee, spouse, children - health/dental) is almost $1400 per month, now it is a pretty good plan but still not a "Cadillac".

If the average rate increase is 20%, which is within the range of the predictions, you are right at $20,000.

This question is who mails the check to the insurance company? If the IRS sends the individual the check for the credit, well we all have seen how the EIC gets spent. There will be hundreds of thousands who default on their policies.

You and I and everyone else that has a combined family income over $90k that's being over charged for the coverage. We're the ones sending the checks because we're the ones subsidizing those below

Reactions: 1 person
You and I and everyone else that has a combined family income over $90k that's being over charged for the coverage. We're the ones sending the checks because we're the ones subsidizing those below

And it's only going to get worse.

Incorrect.

The title of the article was a bit misleading, but it was an admittedly right-biased site.

You're crazy if you assume there wasn't considerable thought put into the number, though. I want to know what their assumptions are for individual rates, since that's what I would be paying.

I believe the employer will be fined if they provide coverage that doesn't meet minimum standards. There are no more cheap, catastrophic plans being offered by employers. HSA's are also going to be cut in half so there goes your tax savings (but they won't call it a tax increase).

you will also be taxed if the coverage they provide is too expensive (the so-called Cadillac plans). They are basically dictating the exact level of care you deserve with this law. Sounds like something the govt should definitely have its hands in right?

When you say cheap, catastrophic plans, where do you draw that line? Because right now, that's basically ALL that's offered in the private sector. Seems like only government employees still have PPOs.

Are they cutting annual contribution limits for HSA's? Why? What's their reasoning? I understand having a limit, so people don't use them as retirement accounts, but come on. Make sure that the levels can far exceed the level of medical care a family would need in a year. If they are going to cut HSA's, they should just eliminate the limit on tax deductible medical expenses when you itemize.

When you say cheap, catastrophic plans, where do you draw that line? Because right now, that's basically ALL that's offered in the private sector. Seems like only government employees still have PPOs.

my employer still offers the full range (hmo, ppo, 80/20, etc). I'm not sure where the line will be but there is a min standard to be met with the ACA

Are they cutting annual contribution limits for HSA's? Why? What's their reasoning? I understand having a limit, so people don't use them as retirement accounts, but come on. Make sure that the levels can far exceed the level of medical care a family would need in a year. If they are going to cut HSA's, they should just eliminate the limit on tax deductible medical expenses when you itemize.

pretty sure it's cut to $2500 now. The new coverage regulations would have done it anyways since low premium/high deductible/HSA funded plans will be a thing of the past. I have no issues with the med expenses since I ran just below the limit last year and it sucked

my employer still offers the full range (hmo, ppo, 80/20, etc). I'm not sure where the line will be but there is a min standard to be met with the ACA

pretty sure it's cut to $2500 now. The new coverage regulations would have done it anyways since low premium/high deductible/HSA funded plans will be a thing of the past. I have no issues with the med expenses since I ran just below the limit last year and it sucked

So what is replacing the high-deductible plans? Are we going back to PPO's under the new regs? I need to read them.

Those HDHP's were new to me anyway. I was always on PPO's until 3 years ago, when they just became too expensive for our employer to offer anymore.

So what is replacing the high-deductible plans? Are we going back to PPO's under the new regs? I need to read them.

Those HDHP's were new to me anyway. I was always on PPO's until 3 years ago, when they just became too expensive for our employer to offer anymore.

from what I understand they would quit being offered because of the new regs around what % the insurer must pay for care. The insurers pay for much less care when the deductible is higher and would fall below the threshold.

from what I understand they would quit being offered because of the new regs around what % the insurer must pay for care. The insurers pay for much less care when the deductible is higher and would fall below the threshold.

Demonstrates a huge looming problem. Most of the regs are still being written, we are 6 months away from implementation and even the gov't doesn't know.

Okay well that makes little sense to me. If you're going to force people to use it, you have to make premiums affordable. HDHP's are a way to make the premiums affordable for the healthy folks that they are supposedly trying so hard to get involved in this.

But we have the choice of dropping our companies insurance and picking up this, correct?

Besides, what makes the administration think that the people who don't pay titer medical bills right now are suddenly going to begin paying for insurance?

That is the million dollar question. The answer is obviously they don't think beyond their reelections.

All if this BS so roughly 18 million will get health insurance?..... While the CBO itself says that the number of uninsured will not drop below 30 million despite mandates and penalties. The damn democrats frosted us all and for what?......control

Okay well that makes little sense to me. If you're going to force people to use it, you have to make premiums affordable. HDHP's are a way to make the premiums affordable for the healthy folks that they are supposedly trying so hard to get involved in this.

LOL, Thrash, are you just so liberal that you don't understand that the answer to the above is a single payer system? And, that is what was planned with this debacle from day one? Wake up.

LOL, Thrash, are you just so liberal that you don't understand that the answer to the above is a single payer system? And, that is what was planned with this debacle from day one? Wake up.

Exactly....this law is being written to inflict more financial woes and frustration and is nothing more than an incremental step towards the single payer.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh, it's larger than guns. They will control so much information about us they will be able to micromanage our lives. Not to mention the probability of abuse and retaliation for opposing the admin or specific govt agency.

This was just the first thing that came to my mind when I read it, but you're right.

VN Store

Back