Even More Obamacare Follies

Related:

In December, Hillary Clinton was asked by a questioner at a town hall event why companies are favoring part-time employment over full-time employment. Clinton responded by saying, “the Affordable Care Act. You know, we got to change that because we have built in some unfortunate incentives that discourage full-time employment.”

Chelsea Clinton laments 'crushing' health care costs despite ObamaCare | Fox News

Why do I get the impression that "change" would be lowering of the part time hours in order to force more employers to provide coverage?

Obamacare patients sicker and pricier than expected

No big surprises here as many expected costs for Obamacare to continue to increase. However, I found this tidbit at the end of the article interesting.
However, they also want the federal government to clamp down on the so-called special enrollment periods, which are intended to allow those under going life changes -- such as marriage or job loss -- to apply for coverage after open enrollment has ended. Insurers say that people are abusing the system, signing up only when they get sick. The Obama administration has proposed guidelines that include requiring applicants to prove they qualify for special enrollment, but those rules have yet to be finalized.

How were these rules not put in place prior to implementation? Did the people promoting this plan honestly not see this as a likely abuse that would need to be prevented?

Obamacare patients sicker and pricier than expected

No big surprises here as many expected costs for Obamacare to continue to increase. However, I found this tidbit at the end of the article interesting.

How were these rules not put in place prior to implementation? Did the people promoting this plan honestly not see this as a likely abuse that would need to be prevented?

This was identified from the beginning. ACA supporters said stuff like that would never happen. With a 90 day grace period at the beginning of the year to pay your premium, can you guess what a lot of people did?

Obamacare is either too expensive or you get fined for not taking it. The fines go up quite considerable after year 1. Affordable healthcare-HA! Plus I even hear that some doctors are dropping Medicare. Hmmm? Seems we're getting screwed!

Reactions: 1 person
Rats deserting the sinking ship...

UnitedHealth pulls back on ObamaCare exchanges amid huge losses | Fox News

The nation’s largest health insurer, fearing massive financial losses, announced Tuesday that it plans to pull back from ObamaCare in a big way and cut its participation in the program’s insurance exchanges to just a handful of states next year – in the latest sign of instability in the marketplace under the law.

UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley said the company expects losses from its exchange business to total more than $1 billion for this year and last.

Despite the company expanding to nearly three dozen state exchanges for this year, Hemsley said the company cannot continue to broadly serve the market created by the Affordable Care Act's coverage expansion due partly to the higher risk that comes with its customers.

All part of the plan. This thing was designed to fail forcing us into single payer.

Reminds me of that Iraqi information minister. Rivers of infidel blood as US tanks roll down the street behind him. The administration cannot tell us enough what a rousing success this program has been. Meanwhile premiums are up, risk mitigation is woefully short funded, people are (shockingly) abusing the system as predicted, and insurers are starting to pull out. But other than that it's going GREAT.

VN Store

Back