ETSU vs Kennesaw State: Battle of the Noobs

WiseGuy

First ever game for KSU. First game for ETSU in over ten years.

Kennesaw State has opened a can in the second half after a fairly good game in the first half.

I work right off of Chastain Rd near KSU. Didn't realize their opening scrimmage was tonight. Go Owls, I guess?

I'm guessing ETSU doesn't win a single game if they can't even keep it tight against a program in a similar situation.

Man I was hoping ETSU would win. I can't believe they got completely blown out by a team playing their first game ever even though ETSU hasn't played a game either in like ten years.

Reactions: 1 person
Awesome start to the football program for the KSU Owls. They just outsized and wore out ETSU.

ETSU gives up 416 rushing yards. People are excited for the program now, but are they gonna still come out after a horrible season? Im betting no. There is a reason it failed the first time.

Reactions: 2 people
giphy.gif

I attended ETSU in the 1970s when they had some decent football teams. Still had very poor attendance. I have no clue why they wanted to restart things unless it's about the TV money. (And I might be wrong about the amount, but I know all the students had to pay an extra $100-200 activity fee to cover the cost. If I were still there, I'd be hanging the ETSU president in effigy in front of the admin building)

Mercer revived it's program three years ago. We were lucky to have Berry and Rinehart as new programs and VMI as another revived program. I think what helped us beat those teams is that we had our program established a year before we ever kicked off. I'm looking forward to playing ETSU next season so I have an excuse to see that part of the state.

ETSU will be fine. They had problems with attendance back before the hiatus because they played in the Mini Dome which was a horrible place to watch football (or any sport). No one wanted to watch football inside. Also no one could see the sidelines due to a design flaw with the Mini Dome. Also, ETSU's attendance suffered because they usually played when UT did, hence why they are playing some games on Thursdays now. Once they get the on campus stadium and start winning a few games, things will be better. ETSU has a pretty loyal alumni base, many of whom have stayed in the Tri Cities, I think their attendance will be better. Also, ETSU's students did want football back, they voted in favor for it.

I'm guessing ETSU doesn't win a single game if they can't even keep it tight against a program in a similar situation.

Local radio guys were saying that KSU built their roster with a lot of D-1/FBS castoffs. Guys who transferred out / got booted from previous teams.

ETSU took the slower path recruiting local HS guys for the most part. It will be a slower build for them.

I can't see ETSU ever being very good. Location isn't great no major cities too pull talent from. East Tennessee isn't a hotbed of football talent anyway so most local kids aren't going to be of tremendous help. The ones that are really good probably won't go to ETSU. Which I guess the same could be said about Appalchain State as well so maybe it's possible.

I can't see ETSU ever being very good. Location isn't great no major cities too pull talent from. East Tennessee isn't a hotbed of football talent anyway so most local kids aren't going to be of tremendous help. The ones that are really good probably won't go to ETSU. Which I guess the same could be said about Appalchain State as well so maybe it's possible.

its all about coaching and relationships. ETSU could find a really good niche here. App state isnt a rival anymore. closest competition for them is UTC. Maybe WCU.

VN Store

Back